Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
poo poo sandwich sammich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

Where do you reckon is the best place to look for salvage c5 corvettes if I wanted to do a vette kart clone?

probably craigslist is your only bet

i read a while back that there's a tightly controlled used market where wrecking companies who buy every single corvette and disassemble them for parts, since they're common yet niche enough

blk sorry to hear about getting laid off, hope things get better for you soon :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yea PM me with goon price

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ExplodingSims posted:

Ugh this font thing is bothering me more and more. Why. :argh:

seriously its fuckin terrible

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

How irresponsible is it to buy a fourth car when you're unemployed? Asking for a friend.

dont

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i'm pretty sure buying an e30 wont make his life less complicated

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slothrop posted:

oh hey chat bread bread chat

I made these delicious flatbreads tonight. I modified the recipe slightly buy throwing some oregano, rosemary and thyme that was sitting in the fridge in there.

The chicken was cooked beer can style, which is the first time I've done it. I figured it'd be a gimmick but it turned out real good. God I love charcoal!

use the same recipe and cook it spatchcocked next time, it will be even better.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
when are you making your bad decision getting married?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
good tires are always worth the money

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CornHolio posted:

I'm looking at all-seasons. I'm not planning on driving the car much in the winter but I don't want to put summer-only tires on it. Around here it can snow in May.

I don't know what 'high performance all-seasons' or 'ultra-high-performance all-seasons' are but those are what I'm looking at.

You probably have 19/20 in wheels right? poo poo is expensive.

I really like the Michelin a/s 3+ for a high performance all season.

If you want to save money hold out for a DTD sale on a holiday.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ExplodingSims posted:

Wait Lowtax got banned from Twitter?

lol yeah, for suggesting that baked alaska get concrete poured on him

threats are taken seriously by twitter, except when the dumb as poo poo president tweets about nuclear war

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao sold an item i got for free in PUBG for 26 freakin dollars :wtf:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

What drat item? I could use $26 to get rid of a twitch mask or whatever.

Lol it was a gray long jacket/trenchcoat

Price history indicated it was selling in the mid 30s at one point lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

Yea, we only got them for 3(?) years and they only made 500 for the first year. I know a few people have own/owned them, but I can't remember the last time I saw one on the street. Hell, even the "normal" legacy 2.5GT limiteds are pretty rare around here. I only see those regularly since my buddy drives one.

And this is in Seattle, which is the land of Subarus

there's 8 for sale on CL right now

i test drove one a couple of years ago and it wasn't particularly remarkable

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CornHolio posted:

Looking that over, I'm pretty much on week five of the program. I'm not trying to run the whole thing though, I'm just looking to finish. And not injure myself or perish.

yeah make sure your form is good. it's critically important that your strides are not too long and quick.

i derailed my running this spring by going too far too fast for what my body was really ready for and i've spent 4 months not running :(

i'm 6'4" so my strides are naturally quite long and its a lot of work for me to train my brain to take shorter, faster strides instead of longer, slower ones.

i was doing about 7:15-7:30 mile times for 3.5-4.5 miles in the spring and now i'm just getting back into running again after 2 months of physical therapy and i'm only able to do 8:30min/mile for 2 miles.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Previa_fun posted:

Opioids were definitely overprescribed 10-15 years ago but instead of realizing they were duped by the drug companies doctors started cutting off dependent patients and dumping them onto using street drugs and surprise they're all dying now that cheap research chemicals from China are easy to purchase.

Good luck getting any pain relief beyond tylenol in 5-10 years btw.

Lol if u think the DEA and FDA will actually regulate this or try to solve this problem

Adiabatic posted:

I mean I suppose it's about the best place to OD on an opiate considering they probably have a bunch of narcan ready to go.

The local Facebook groups for reporting and discussing crime is full of people who honestly believe that narcan is bad and it's the cause of the opioid crisis :bang:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Enourmo posted:

When I worked there, around mid 2012 there were a whole bunch of big store closings, which led to an influx of upper-level techs. Which is the reason I never got the promotion I was training for, got stuck as permanent lube tech, and ended up quitting and going back to school. So... thanks, I guess?

That same year Lord Eddie bought 1 or 2 brand-new million-dollar mansions with the revenue from liquidating everything. FYGM.

not to excuse how poorly he's done but when you're a billionaire you dont need to liquidate any property to buy mansions

he's loaned 1.6B to sears so far so he's probably got plenty of money

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Congratulations on the babby sorry it's cursed with ginger genes tho

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
stomach flu is awful ughhhhh

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CornHolio posted:

I just saw this. Is it useless or useful?

looks like junk

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
So sad :(:(:(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Speaking of Nintendo, I read somewhere that they are releasing a 64 Classic console before Xmas?

Holy poo poo I need one but what are the odds of actually getting it since nintendo is blue balling everyone with the whole supply/demand bullshit.

Nah they just released a SNES classic

N64 was the absolute worst Nintendo console ever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

But, but, GOLDENEYE!

lol

i get it that nostalgia is a hell of a drug but i stand by my statement

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
it seems that rhyno's bad taste extends beyond comic books and his circle of friends :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

whats remarkable about these cups?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Can't tell which posts about steak and kechup are real or trolling but either way I'm triggered rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
+1 for Lane Motor Museum

• Locked thread