Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

synapse posted:

I voted in person in Dupage County. The first thing that shows up is the amendment in full screen. It feels different than the rest of the ballot. Someone voting near me did not know what it was. The poll worker said "that's JB's thing". If you skip the vote, it's counted as a No

This ain't passing

So this was my first election voting in DuPage county, quick question: Do we normally have these "cops are giant babies please vote to coddle them" amendments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Source4Leko posted:

I also think it won't pass but anecdotally I will say ive had casual conversations with several very low information voters at work and they all said they voted yes so who knows.

Some aspiring republicans in my family voted against. I think people are just confused.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just finished a project at Wheaton College, and now I have a new project starting at Cantigny Park. I really need to get my company to stop sending me to Wheaton.

I had my wedding photos there and my groomsmen bough lil baby pumpkins and one of them beamed she cousin in the face with one.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sawa group of kids together trick or treating about ten kids and their parents. No masks.
They were hitting up the townhomes/apartment I lived in. Satan superspreading eve

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Some liberal I know (I only mention so you know they probably voted straight ticket D otherwise) posted a meme where it was like "When have we ever had a tax cut in Illinois?" this morning, I assume in celebration of the defeat and I have no words. Ya, they never cut your taxes because if they do then they have to cut everyone's. That's the point ya dingus!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

DuPage may be blue now but the chuds still making their presence felt. Wife was doing errands around Wheaton and some bro in a MAGA was walking around yelling at people in masks, called my wife a whore. :iiam:

There's a big Trump crew at the off-leash dog park. You can tell because it's on all their loving hats.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neo_Crimson posted:

tag urself i'm district 17 in the middle of Lake Michigan.
The seventeenth district covers the entirety of Illinois' merpeoples. It represents the
Final unification between the river-folk and lake-dwellers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

borkencode posted:

So is he just punishing states that voted against him, or is he going to try and use vaccine supplies to support his attempted coup?

I think this is the result of him not ordering enough when the manufacturers offered first pick.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DalaranJ posted:

Why was he on the floor if he couldn’t loving keep food down?

Because even Congress has to go to work if they're sick

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I can’t find any recent polls, but he was in the mid 50s for approval back in September. I’m not sure why it would have changed that much since then.

Illinois became last in the nation at administering the rona vaccine

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Devon is that big Orthodox community?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Looks like some good publicity for Southern Illinois.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-m...SkIdrSuUdoC8dY8

Fake news with their fake story and also I read what they were about and the fake news fake story was correct the whole time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got my shot via the county yesterday and the wife got hers on sunday via walgreens. My city also sent me a text saying it was time for a vaccine, so I'm thinking it's finally getting distributed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zarin posted:

Does anyone have any links handy that break down which areas of the state are growing vs. shrinking?

I recall in the pre-COVID times that there were all kinds of breathless articles about how everyone was leaving the state, etc.

My suspicion is that Chicago/Suburbs was growing and the rest was shrinking, but I dunno where to start looking for something like that.

Counties have been putting out covid numbers, I googled "dupage county covid" to get a link and google even made a hot-spot map so I think you'll get what you want.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Forrest on Fire posted:

Bradley's got a speech team that should be shut down for like, six hundred illegal things.
Hey speechie! But only highschool, where Bradley was the big tournament early in the year.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Forrest on Fire posted:

That's got to be the most suspect tournament I've judged.

It's rigged. Like, they went through the trouble to literally rig multiple events at their speech tournament.

You will not take this weird mug trophy away from me!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

This is a really good time to sell everywhere, prices have gone bonkers with the pandemic. Rents are wayyyyyy up too.

Don't loving remind me. Interest rates were so low that you'd basically be paying the same per month no matter how much you borrowed so a house's affordability was whatever it's tax assessment was.
So you had people over-bidding (myself included) on homes, knowing that an extra 20k on the price translated to like 50 bucks a month. So we'd come in ~10k over the list and were, three different times, out bid by more then 20 additional thousand.
Housing market is a mess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
College town? Close enough!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The map is really simple: if you're outside of the Chicago suburbs and your area is poor, it's downstate. Rich? Upstate

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nash posted:

Sounds like a school up in Elmhurst already got dinged by ISBE for refusing to mask up for the year. Get hosed idiots.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

The only map I will accept.

The rainbow coalition.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
End districts all together imo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Districts can be good to allow for better minority representation. Otherwise we'd end up with just a whole bunch of white people who would drown out the black and brown reps.

Eh, I know districts give them token representation but they get drowned out anyways.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oracle posted:

District. She should move house.

In this housing market?
Good luck!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
In march we push the clock forward by half an hour and be done. Split the difference. Enough. No more of this poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Speaking of Secretary of state some guy who lost to Mark Kirk (Giannoulias) is on local FOX and the host is hinting at some scandal with broadway bank but he refuses to say what. It's like a peewee word of the day where the annoucer can't say what the scandal was.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I like how it's a picture of a crying Jesus next to their "Satan has no rights" banner.
It's Jesus Satan,?
It's he crying over Satan?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Housing prices are even worse this year than last. I'm both buying at the worst time and begging for a collapse that's also going to ruin me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got a survey call last night and they used it to tell me all these good things about Sean Casten and bad things about Marie Newman. Except the good things were bad and the bad things were good.
(well, except her bribing a rival)

"What's your race?"
"Jewish"
...later...
"Marie Newman voted against Israel and supporting Jews, how terrible was that?"
"Strongly Supportive to vote for her"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zarin posted:

Is there a list of all the districts named in the suit? My kiddo goes to a preschool at some local church; they sent out a letter this morning saying that since the local school district is not named in the suit, they are keeping masks - and so the preschool will follow suit.

Some idiot responded "I do see D 62 on the list 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am sorry but this is insane....some schools can go without and some not.....I simply want our little kiddos to see the smile on faces and to breathe and live a regular life...."

They posted an image where the city name was spelled wrong, so I somehow don't think it's an official list. So far I have restrained myself from hitting Reply All and relentlessly mocking them. However, before I do anything, I would like to see an "official" list so I can go that route and say "Not sure where you got your data, here's the list, we're not on it. A big thank you to our preschool for putting the health and safety of our children above petty politics." or some such dreck.

Still wanna really make fun of the lady though.

EDIT: Update: Preschool lady reiterated that the superintendent of the local district likely knows the status of his district, pointed Dumb Lady to the website where the letter was posted openly for all to see, and gently encouraged Dumb Lady to be careful about what sources she is listening to as the name of our city was spelled incorrectly on the image she posted, so it was likely not official.

Good job, Preschool Lady. More tact than I wanted to have about this (as a private citizen). If it was my job, I'd probably show the same level of professionalism, but it's not, so I don't wanna :colbert:

There's an object lesson here about me teaching my kiddo that bullying is not okay, while I am desperate to relentlessly bully Dumb Lady until she logs off. I refuse to learn it, however.

I'm pretty sure they'll have their own mock thread for you.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Willa Rogers posted:

The Trib says that Pritzker is hinting at an imminent end to the mask mandate, and that the lawsuits might be spurring him along, particularly since he's up for reelection this year.

Might as well since no one is enforcing it!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Covid days are here again!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Reelect her.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ooof, agreeing to the crime words..

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Niwrad posted:

Rahm covered up a murder and was given a prime ambassadorship. Lori could easily get some job in that administration.

Rahm was close to Obama and Lori is not to Biden

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm loving these hyperracist ads they're running against Irving. The ones that say he wasn't tough enough and may even support the words "Black lives matter"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Big Black Dick posted:

The racist ones - at leas the ones I've seen - are funded by People Who Play By The Rules PAC (sidenote: loving lol) which is chaired by Dan Proft and funded by Dick Uihlein. It's 100% republicans going after Irvin for not being racist enough.
Oh my god Dan Proft? Of Dan Proft and Amy Jacobs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujnPEiAJOI

Anyways, here's Jesse Sullivan reminding us that tax hawks are literal children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CImkCZfpPE&t=30s

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Niwrad posted:

Well it is true.

Sullivan was very mad and made a counter ad with even more swiftboat veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't think I signed up for the zuck bux my memory is awful how do I check?