Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well the Jade Wizard could get a colourful Gryphon, making them riding a flying monster and become decent in melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Speaking of mods, have some by me:

Global Recruitment Buff returns, having worked since day 1 of the launch without any changes and works infact better now than before!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158755347

Unlimited Dragon Breaths removes the charges on all dragon breath type attacks, including those yet added like the Terrorgheist death shriek or Zombie Dragon's pestulant breath who we'll see soon (or use the mod that enables them for custom battles). To balance it a bit ive raised the cooldown from 45 to 60 seconds and there is an initial 60 second delay before you can use your first breath.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158815814

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You jest but Dark Elf nude mods are just around the Khorner.

Said the DARK Swordmaster so he should know!!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Game of the year.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
But Queek is ever so trustworthy why would he, a monstrous cowardly and disgusting literal rat man, betray you?!

He signed a contract! :argh:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Ritual murder of slaves isn't a very Khorne way to do things.

"The Blood God cares not whence the blood flows, only that it does"

Tz'arkan Daemon of Slaanesh, referencing Khaine.

Its him you doofuses.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Radious thinks all races are equal while SFO certainly doesn't.

So if Radious is the Soviet Union and SFO is Nazi Germany, what am i?? Facist Italy??

Zaphod42 posted:

This is weak poo poo though

To be fair, i think Rites can be modded in seeing as the button for them is in the UI and should be able to be added to other races just like how Cryonsis added in his Hero version of Isabella by adding the Green Knight summon button to the VC factions.

Once thats done all you need to do is make new effects, durations, cooldowns and costs.

I think the real reason why they didn't give old races this is because the unique racial graphical effect once you enact one, it seems like a lot to add for all the old races if they have to make a new one of those for each of them.

Shoulda just been a generic effect imo instead.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 12, 2017

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

ahhhhhhh that's it then thanks

sad, 12 is a bigger number than 11, it should be better

12 is also vastly more unstable than the 11 version in this game for some reason, most of my crashes came from trying it out over a 10+ hour testing period or so.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Those are just a feature for WH2's vortex campaign and won't be seen in Mortal Empires.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you're talking about the Blood & Gore DLC, it will be around Soon (tm), and free if you own WH1's Blood & Gore.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Atleast the Chaos foundation changes can easily be modded in, sans ROR of course, while we wait for the official CA changes.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

LordAbaddon posted:

I heard that they were adding in breath attacks for the old world factions but do we know what units are getting them? Dragons seem obvious but I'm wondering about Terrorgheists with their sonic scream

Speaking as someone who made the Unlimited Dragon Breaths mod: Yes.

Terrorgheists are getting a breath attack, its called "Death Shriek".

Its already in the tables so it will be useable with my mod once ME launches, along all the other dragon breaths that come with Game 1's dragons.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I changed most of those bonuses to be different things, and most changes should still work with WH2 since its now back to pre-foundation patching but im going to hold for a little while before i reimpliment the mod to see how dwarfs fare as they are at the ME launch.

This'll be true for the other races as well, even Greenskins but i suspect that as soon as i get back into a vanilla greenskins game i'll get Green Iz Best going 5 mins post my first dwarf battle.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh that's a good sign, I believe Gejnor made a good call on buffing Greatswords through Honest Steel with his mod back in WH1. Felt like it may have been too strong, so a cut to +8 sounds like a good trade-off.

It was someone elses suggestion (on discord no less) but i really liked the idea! I do agree it was a nice and possibly needed upgrade but it did feel a bit too strong, so this is a nice trade-off indeed, im guessing if they are going this route then perhaps if they add a 1 point skill it will further boost your normal dudes + greatswords in some way!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Truecon420 posted:

Is there a total war discord or your personal discord? I'm learning modding a bit but can't figure out how to change victory conditions

Its the goonfite discord for total war multiplayer: https://discord.gg/dRrW3S

Mostly for multiplayer but ive gotten some live-ish feedback from people there regarding my mods so its nice for that too.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

John Charity Spring posted:

Patch notes here. Confirmation that the Foundation update changes will be added at a later date.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-patch-notes

Are they being hammered or something? Won't load for me :(

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

Huh, well that makes sense.

Another cool old map. Very relevant for Game 3 stuff. From Chaos Dwarf army book (compiled from White Dwarf articles)

Crookback Mountain?

*A Skaven Greyseer clutches a massive warpstone to his snout*

"I wish-wish i knew how to quit-end you.."

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ammanas posted:

*Lights gejnor signal* we need....GREEN IZ BEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg&t=81s

They return to you now, at the turn of the tide:

Green Iz Best
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182817272&tscn=1509158621
This will make your boyz tougher, but is mostly for the player to use rather than the AI

Chaos Rising
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182817196
Chaos rising brings back most of the foundation patch QOL upgrades such as upkeep and replenishment changes!
Also, the warriors of Chaos are once again fully immune to horde infighting!

More will come, but theese are the most pressing right now.

Also, if you want the greenskins to truly dominate the badlands:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158924766

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 28, 2017

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just an FYI if you're doing an Empire Campaign, the Luminark's are now ultra insane sniper rifles that never miss and dont really spazz out either anymore (they'll try and move in range if theres no real line of sight but if you go down to ground level you can see where they will have it) and are capable of killing Lords and heroes in 2 shots, ive had several fights where ive killed 2-3 generals with just one of theese crazy things.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

All the dark elf units and stuff look cool, but I'm nervous about their racial ability of "do a lot of killing to get bonus power" because I'm comfortable with the defensive style of high elves- and their combo of "you're really powerful if your not injured" + "you have some of the best ranged units in the game" is freaking amazing.

And then it turns out that, no, actually its the Dark Elves who have the absolute best ranged.

Almost all their range is AP damage and ALL their range has 2x projectiles per volley which means they will SHRED anything that dares to come close. They also have access to Shades which are basically like having that regiment of renown free company unit with stalk, except they are even better in melee AND range, for Every. Single. Unit.

Their melee is great and they have access to really good monsters and heavy cav.

And when their murderous prowess proccs they process to hulk out and any battle that is touch and go basically turns into a slaughter-fest in your favour.

Oh and Malekith is Mannfred V.2 in that he is super loving OP, great at magic and great in melee, slightly less self-healing but still good enough to keep him going for longer.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't believe sassassin, troll-lord extraordinare, turned into a great modder!

Even less can i believe that im siding with him against that hilarously over the top reaction from Mixu in regards to the script file he used. drat what an ego on that guy.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

considering that this mixu dude seems to be one of the more prolific dudes out there who's made some cool mods and is running a patreon for them, you dipshits are putting on a bad look all around so grats on the :circlefap: i guess

Referencing and/or asking would've been better and i agree deleting his first comment was a bit too much but the all caps rage message over something as trivial as a script copy is just infantile which some of us are finding humourous.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

considering that we won't ever get a clear look on whether mixu's first comment was reasonable or not, deleting it was bound to piss him off, and that the thread previously went out to poo poo on that modder who stole mazz's code en masse, this is some real hypocritical rear end in a top hat poo poo

but then again goon trolling haha :rolleyes:

Again i agree with you on the former part but on the latter part thats not really the case as i recall that guy was trying to monetize it while simultaneously copying more or less the entire mod. This is just a very small part of mixu's mod to enable the selection of a new LL. Everything else is sassassin's own effort and it is quite a bit of work looking through the packfile.

Maybe you should calm down a bit as in both cases (mazz's and this) apologies have already been made and imo they should be considered finished, no need to go into a hizzy fit.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I know they have several teams but i assume the Rome 2 DLC and that standalone Brittannia game is whats slowing down Warhammer 2's DLC's/Patches whatever.

Since the Rome 2 stuff is done now we'll probably see some steam being picked up in the coming weeks, or atleast i hope so.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

Playing malekith morathi any of the chaos guys is a really horrible experience right now. Norsca plays way too big a role on the map to have basic stacks full of 18 marauders. Renders the north half of the map unplayable. The vortex campaign doesn't really appeal to me

Use this mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182733930

It nerfs Norscan income down to a trickle and makes them more or less harmless on the ME map.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
He used to add in Krell as a 3rd Legendary Lord for Mousillon as well, which i personally thought was a bit too much but hey whatever floats your boat!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

balance. be damned!
I'm playing warham?
Money down.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ammanas posted:

Man I'm going back to WH1. I really love the engine and lighting updates they made, the magic changes are awesome, UI improvements...but the game has annoying bugs, the ME campaign just feels like a drag (WTF is the Chaos Invasion in this?), the Vortex campaign is straight up boring, and missing the late updates WH1 implemented REALLY hurt the ME campaign.

Wish they'd back-port the engine updates! WH2 is crazy beautiful.

I too have been tempted to do so, mainly to reduce the end turn times wait but those dragons without breath attacks stop me every time.

Its the single biggest QoL change for me, dragons having breaths own so much its not even funny.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I dunno playing as Teclis feels unique enough as he becomes so ridiculously OP once you start getting his passive-stacking abilities.

As Tyrion though? Eeeeh the boy is strong but very cookie cutter so i guess i'll sort of agree with you.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well you're in luck there, Chaos has access to super heavy infantry that will hold the line for days if need be and their cav is also very good.

The problem is getting to them and starting off with........ mar---auders.. shameful viking men who you will regret having in your army at all times.

Okay to be fair Horsemasters are pretty sweet once they get the army bonuses but other than that eeeh the dogs are nice?? You will need something semi-fast to be able to catch all those damned mounted skirmishers otherwise you'll be in a special kind of hell that only happens to Warriors of Chaos where you're constantly chasing after skirmishers.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Senor Dog posted:

You can be an idiot, a vain idiot, or a cool frickin monster. Can you play the bird dude in campaign? He’s cool too

You can, with a mod!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Its probably Throt the Unclean, the moulder guy since he has a solid starting point on the ME map with his Hellpit.

Lookin' Good.

The other option is Deathmaster Snikch and Eshin, but they dont really have a good start in ME just now so it may need more finetuning of startposses before they release them as another FLC.

Some fools getting the stabbings.

Skryre sounds too much like a DLC, it might containt BOTH Ikit and Thanqoul, to keep in line the promise of more LL's per DLC or whatever.

I think Skaven will be this game's VC, in that they'll get quite a few FLC lords, i base this around the fact that there is a specific clanstone effect for every major skaven clan in the game, one you can only see if you're actually playing that faction (which you can with an unlocker mod):

Eshin: An aoe direct damage, 3 charges
Moulder: An aoe heal of some kind, 3 charges
Skryre: A -44% magic resistance aoe debuff, 3 charges

Why add abilities you'd only see if you were playing said faction? Probably because they intend to fill out theese factions to become fully playable.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I am in ecstacy right now.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
THEY CAN CRAFT ITEMS

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Store page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/617870/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Rise_of_the_Tomb_Kings/

It shows us some more things!

Khalida!

Catapults!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

Would really love to see Prince Apophas as a hero unit down the road. Mechanically he could work kinda like the green knight, but he only lasts so long as it takes to kill x number of lords/heroes so he can gather their souls. But if I can be honest a sentient swarm of scarab beetles with a knife is what I'm excited for.

quote:

New Lord: Tomb King
Tomb Kings are the principle Lords which lead the armies of Nehekhara. A number will appear as standard in the recruitment pool, but unique, named Tomb Kings – famous rulers from the six dynasties of Nehekharan history – may be resurrected via the Dynasties panel, at which point they enter your Lords recruitment pool. Tomb kings may unlock the Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot, and Khemrian Warsphinx as mounts.

You may just get your wish!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

I am ready for sand necrons

Mods??

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Theres a stream going on right now discussing TK mechanics.

The biggest bombshell?

Tomb King units cost nothing to recruit, and have no upkeep.

Instead they have a cap that you can expand by building the specific buildings so want more skeletons build more barracks etc.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I had to psychologically abuse this thread for months to get the we're the rats title and I'll be damned if it's changing

The future is now old man!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

packetmantis posted:

What's the deal with Kemmler? Why does he look like a dollar store Gandalf and why is he apparently named after a Nazi?

Because the supremacy of Germany must never be forgo- i-i mean because GW loves to make name references in their work!!