Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Elizabeth Berkeley

...wasn't in Leaving Los Vegas? I think you're thinking of Showgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Syrian Lannister posted:

It's hitting on fb now too

Now? I started seeing that poo poo before the smoke had cleared.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

What is this devilry?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Laranzu posted:

Really just put that qualifier in there because in no other circumstance have they ever said anything even mildly in favor of additional restrictions on any firearm.

In this case Republicans control all branches of government so it's not like they needed to change their standing.

The only thing I can figure is that they want the Republican legislators to have an easy way out. A way out they might need for some reason

NRA supported the '94 assault weapons ban.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CommieGIR posted:

The NRA also opposed its renewal and when Feinstein attempted to renew the same exact bill without the 10 year limit.

gently caress, what am I thinking of then?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Oh, come on, Donald. The quarterback taking a knee is just a way to run down the clock. It's been part of football forever.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Slim Pickens posted:

Edit: oh wait maybe it was that ^^^

Yeah, I think it was the first season he had some dickhead diplomat shot down over water before he could go home and genocide some people. This was on his flight home after he came and did a little meet and greet with the president too

It was the Defense Minister and the brother of the King of Not Saudi Arabia who was the mastermind of a terrorist plot against the United States.

Why yes, I do re-watch TV shows too often, why do you ask?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

BigDave posted:

Right, and then they kidnapped Martin Sheens daughter as revenge, then John Goodman became president while everyone worries about carpet bombing Mecca. Or something.

EDIT: Didn't Chandler from Friends steal plans for a military space shuttle so they could rescue a French prince, who could then reform Social Security? I haven't seen it in a while.

Chandler from Friends discovered that the Vice President was having an affair and leaking sensitive information to her (who, in turn, was writing a book). Toby tried to reform Social Security but nobody in Washington could keep their mouths shut about it long enough for him to get the ball rolling, so it failed. The President's daughter was dating French royalty, he bought date rape drugs he thought was ecstasy which he put in her drink at a club and that's how the terrorists kidnapped her. Toby leaked the existence of a military space shuttle so that astronauts could be rescued from the ISS. All these things happened during different seasons (well, I think the VP/president's daughter stuff was the same season, it's how we got President John Goodman).

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I have no issues with believing that Trump shot a 73 on the golf course.

How'd he do on the second hole?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Waroduce posted:

That's how I play golf. I'm trash. I shoot a consistent like....210 on 18 holes

I don't even bother counting. The way I see it, a good game of golf is when I find as many balls as I lose.

A great game is when I find more than I lose.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Duffel Blog is on it.

Trump on Gold Star families: ‘Did they ever think of calling me first?’

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Rep. Wilson: Trump said stupid, offensive poo poo when he called Gold Star family

Trump: LIES I HAVE PROOF

Gold Star family: It's true. Also Trump forgot his name.

Sanders: We don't have proof. Also just because the president said "your guy" doesn't mean he didn't know his name.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.045c6dbbb55e

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
A quick Google search says you can only be stripped of retirement benefits if you're convicted of a national security violation under the Hiss Act.

I mean, I'm sure they'll try, but saying a retiree shouldn't have done enough drugs to melt the urinalysis cup because they should have known they were going to be drafted is probably a stretch.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

joat mon posted:

I think this is just for state and federal convictions, not court martial convictions. It may also only apply to federal, not military retirement pay.

However, a conviction for

is one of the crimes that would cause you to lose your retirement anyway.

Well, a court martial conviction tends to suggest you're not yet retired. I know they'll call up retirees to court martial them, but failing that, my (little) research suggests that a retiree can only lose benefits if convicted under the Hiss Act.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

joat mon posted:

Hiss Act applies only to civilian federal employees. It's in title 5 (fed employees) of the U.S. Code, not Title 10 (armed forces)
A punitive discharge makes you ineligible for retired pay.

My Google Fu is weak.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Doesn't anyone have appreciation for the classics anymore?

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor or nothing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I've taken to pointing out to people on Facebook that nobody cares about Gold Star families and that their sole purpose is to be politicized.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Don't even bother following that story. Gold Star Families only exist to be politically useful and then go back into the box along with everything else politicians pretend to care about when it's convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

This is straight up a Shelby Foote quote from Ken Burns' Civil War documentary, and I'm pretty sure Foote didn't elaborate on what they were supposed to compromise on then either.

• Locked thread