Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like they're trying to tone down relic decks. Dunno if it'll work perfectly but I'm glad to see them addressing things relatively quickly (for GW).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/15/may-14th-warhammer-underworlds-beta-rules-announcedgw-homepage-post-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ineptmule posted:

One guy at the tourney yesterday pointed out something that I was aware of but hadn’t really considered before, which is that every card released to date was planned from the beginning, so the entire framework of the game as we currently know was thought about before release, along with the gradual dripfeed of new cards, and the warbands they were packaged with.

He seemed to think that was unusual (certainly for a GW game), I’d have thought it’s not so different to how eg. Magic releases a new set every year or whatever.

But it was interesting to think that now is the time when they are presumably planning another wave and ~480 cards to go with it. Wonder what kind of stuff we’ll get :)

I’m hoping for smaller critter Warbands with a Big Guy, and some Elves and Kharadron Dwarves.

GHOSTS

edit: Probably something nurgle, elves, more stormcast

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

x-post

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Not as good as the Farstriders that were just posted here, but I'm proud of them anyway.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If I had to guess, I'd put two of those in the relaunched starter box and two of them as the later releases, a la Khorne/Stormcast in this one.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the new maps than anything else?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Any news on when the next wave comes out?

There hasn't even been official confirmation that there is another wave coming out. :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I’ll buy eight more warbands if they all look as good as the two from the box and what’s presumably the mushroom goblin team do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Countblanc posted:

A friend and I were interested in trying this game out as something to kill 30-60 minutes while waiting for people to show up for board game days. What should we look into picking up for this purpose? Would it be this thing that looks like a starter set? We definitely aren't going to be getting into any sort of competitive scene if that makes a difference, mostly just something to mess around with and take up headspace while daydreaming at work.

Yep, that's the starter set, and it's all you need to get started.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Ghosties look pretty sweet

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/17/warband-focus-thorns-of-the-briar-queengw-homepage-post-3/

I'm interested in how swarming, ethereal chumps will do against warbands that put out decent cleave damage.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rhaegar posted:

What’s the faction after Tzeentch in the trailer?

Probably the rumored new Slaves to Darkness/Chaos Mortals/Darkoath Barbarians, that are based off the malign portents model:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I kinda wish they weren't coming out 2 weeks after the core set but it's not like I was going to get everything painted as it came out anyway

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

beergod posted:

Interesting that war band has 8 models but you only get four activations a round

Maybe there’s a rule where they can attack in concert with one activation but you roll one dice for each and they only hit on a crit or something

Don’t the skeletons have something similar?

Knorth posted:

Can the new warbands be used with the old game?

Yeah. You’ll need to get some magic dice, borrow someone else’s or find out some way to translate the symbols to a regular die.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jimmysip posted:

I'm thinking of jumping in to this with the new starter set. Is the game quite balanced out of the box? I get the impression that sigmarites in general would have an unfair advantage from their superior statline.

Haven't played with the new stormcast yet, but in my experience the older ones work well as defensive armies but can be shoved around, out-objectived and swarmed.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine that with two new players the Stormcast would win a lot over the Nighthaunt because they're going to be a lot more straightforward to play, but not necessarily because they're not balanced.

I think the game is pretty balanced in general. When there was a really oppressive, lovely build last year they FAQ'd it very quickly to stop it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Eyes of the Nine preview up. Real glass cannon hours.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/02/2nd-oct-warband-focus-eyes-of-the-ninegw-homepage-post-4/

I like the way their summoning mechanic works, lets them be super annoying without getting out of hand. I was a bit worried that they could flood the board with models, which I don't think would fit the game.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 2, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Q: Are magic dice considered to be attack dice when you make a
spell Attack action?
A: No.

Glad I never have to argue about this again

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I painted some orks

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iceclaw posted:

How would that even works? It's supposed to have been thousands of years since the shameless pile of shite End Times was.

Gortrek and Felix made it!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iceclaw posted:

Well, Gotrek became Grimnir, and Grimnir is super dead, so...

I guess he got better

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/14/the-slayer-returns/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh, I meant the actual rulebook itself. Nightvault supersedes Shadespire, correct?

Yes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

lilljonas posted:

I was thinking of a basic board, as I think even a moderately effort board looks better than cardboard for minis games. Something basic like this:

https://twitter.com/amoeba_bait/status/920522597623848962

The only thing you might run into is that the board layouts and how the different ones get put together is really important to the game so you’d have to figure out how to duplicate them all.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

d3lness posted:

Anybody know where I can find a list of which cards comes with which faction expansion? Selling an extra faction to a friend and I want to make sure he gets all the cards.

You can filter by expansion on the deck builder: https://warhammerunderworlds.com/deck-builder/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AnEdgelord posted:

is there a good source for beginner decklists that only use a few sets? me and my buddy played the dryads vs the orcs with their out of the box cards and it was pretty clear that the decks in the boxes were a complete mess that was getting in the way of the game, so I was going to start messing around with deck building a bit

Clearly I can't just pick a tournament list and go since I would need 90% of the warband boxes in the game but if there is somewhere with some solid newbie decklists I'd appreciate if people help me find it

I'd recommend just printing proxies if you have access to a printer, but if not maybe decks using more of the generic cards from the starter box would work?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Satyrs and Centaurs fuckin rule

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iceclaw posted:

That's kind of lovely.

IDK, after years of playing games that turned into complicated, hard to get into messes because of cards never rotating I'm ok with new people who want to play the game not having to buy 3 seasons worth of warbands to be competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I imagine they'll bring the old starters back at some point.