Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I will say watching EOS dump to poo poo has been wonderful and everyone who invested in that bullshit hype deserves what they get.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/eos/ hype hype hype -> crash. Realistic EOS pricing: $1-5/coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Well I'm sure glad that the west virginia supreme court is ready to handle any voting irregularities from blockchain voting in west virginia. http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content...-490158061.html

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 8, 2018

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I think what you are all missing, is we need a separate blockchain to audit the blockchain voting system.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is good for me getting a new graphics card.

And anyone who wants to get graphics card to mine! :yeshaha:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I swear I read somewhere that bitmex has like 40% of the entire crypto market and manipulates price freely. Also the liquidation is a standard thing called "people are loving retarded if they couldn't do TA and see the short squeeze/Bitcoin about to go up"

Tldr: now that bitcoin has gone up some question is what it'll hit before going down again, even if slowly trending upward.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

spankmeister posted:

My technical analysis says it's a strong wildebeest market with some sideways narwhal flags going into Q4 of 2018 and Q1 of 2019. The price will rise to exactly bupkis

The best TA I've read. Already invested my life savings and mortgage in bupkis. See you on the moon!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Look, my imaginary coins are worth more than yours. Trust me.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

XK posted:

Just :lol: at Ripple.

Banks are going to use it to do transfers. Buy now!

I'm still waiting for tron comedy to return.

"guys, decentralized internet....run by china!"

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I have seen a shitload of exchanges fake their activity via wash trades and advertise high volume to sound legitimate including Binance and Coinbase. They seem very spot on for the exchanges that are pulling bullshit, too. Report image - look at volume vs adjusted.

Does sound like all of us are hosed and shouldn't really invest in crypto at all, and that the big players must be making a killing, though.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm waiting for someone to catch up on him deliberately pumping and dumping his own coin during this copyright claim. Anyway, he doesn't even get the copyright. https://www.coindesk.com/us-copyright-office-says-it-does-not-recognize-craig-wright-as-satoshi. I can't remember the last time the copyright office had to put out a statement of "that's not how it works"

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Don't forget the obvious response to number go up: number go down.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

orange juche posted:

Or you could just take your meds and stop posting

Cmon, you didn't expect a non-popcorn option did you? What's amazing is the lack of...anything other than LOL LOOK AT ME I AM SO RICH AND TILT AND ETC. Like...I talk strongly at times, I have my moments, but not 24x7.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

ghosTTy posted:

Monthly closed

This is so funny

all my trading group homies are either freaking out over fear and greed at 95, or considering this uncharted territory

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

xtal posted:

They're called satoshis

but can you eat a satoshi?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Vashro posted:

Have there been any new scam coin events recently like bitconnect deal way back?

What, you've never heard of defi?

The irony of everyone wanting to be a plutocrat, and something they don't realize: there's a lot of really bad loving people out there, whom you don't want as a plutocrat. Also, parts of crypto are fine - transaction security is fine. But parts are not, ie: trying to have bitcoin be the popular currency because lol gently caress no. Like how monero people still imagine they can magically be anonymous and feds sit back and trace every transaction.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

divabot posted:

applied JPEG DRM to your image for authentication

So do we send the bitcoins to that address? :P

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

Yes, that's why nobody gives a poo poo about crypto.

You know what the real problem is with crypto? If we actually get whole mainstream adoption, society is hosed. Libertarian fantasies on this basically end up with North Korea. You're going to end up with insane people like Seraph being so rich they don't know how to handle it and basically go from lotto winner to crack cocaine in a year.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 15, 2020

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I've just transferred a bunch of money from one bank account to another with no fee at all. Truly, we live in the future.

And faster than 15 minutes !

Also, as someone who has a crypto bot that is making a profit, I want to say that the taxes loving *kill*. I'm still making money so I pay, but holy poo poo is this more taxes than I've ever paid before in the last few years. So either Seraph is holding breath, or the IRS is going to make good friends with them quite soon.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 15, 2020

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Nessus posted:

Yeah, most of the easy laffs were mined earlier, now it's just the one guy with brain problems yelling at his imaginary construct of goons being jealous of him, rather than lol'ing at buttcoins.

Probably it was either being worn down by nagging or bitcoin appearing to provide a return compared to other assets lately, between both general capitalism, and the fact that you may have noticed people are cooped up lately.

It's really impressive. I've never seen someone with so fragile an ego yet claiming to be so impossibly rich, that they feel incredibly threatened by people who literally aren't even a threat. BitcoinPearl clutching.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Despite its reputation, only the dumbest criminals use Bitcoin. Cash is better for crime.

Nah, the dumbest criminals use bitcoin cash.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

if you put ascii art of copyrighted pictures into the blockchain, can you get it taken down?

NARC! quick someone get him!

anyway I'm sure they can just nerd harder to fix that. or just pirate loving everything.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Ccs posted:

Beeple cashed out his entire winnings from that auction, proving that he is the smartest person to ever be involved in crypto.

Unfortunately it did not crash Eth prices for very long. If cashing out $58 million isn't enough, I have to wonder how big a cash out would be required to sink bitcoin.

For how long? I'd imagine if you legit just turned Eth -> USDT, you'd have to sell about 20k eth to even move it $100. That's about $31m. Beeple prob caused a 5 minute dip at most if he sold at once, if it even showed up anywhere. Or he could have sold via various methods and etc, even if he just wanted to cash out.
For BTC, I see about 1k btc on exchanges to even move 1 exchange $200. That's also about $50m. Meanwhile, there are liquidity aggregators like https://www.finxflo.com/ that can probably spread $500m to $1.5b around the exchanges without anyone even noticing.

Theoretically, if you really think you want to move the market, you need to sustain selling about $50m every minute on an exchange for maybe 15 minutes. After which, yeah, price will probably be impacted everywhere by a couple bucks.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

salt shakeup posted:

Thats poggers

It's not really much of anything to be honest. Still can't withdraw Crypto from paypal, just convert to usd.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Why would you want crypto back though?

how else can you sell low and buy high?

The thing is the technicals support further moves up even if the fundamentals scream hard no. So up we go

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 1, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
A buddy of mine who is big into crypto (but mostly has no idea what the hell he's doing) is trying to flip NFT's for profits. He's a generally lovely trader but I hope it works out because taking money from idiots believing in scammy NFT's is not a bad idea.

As far as genuine nft focuses go, Ethernity Chain was trying to basically turn nft into authenticated trading cards on the ether network. Which is fine except for the ether part.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

divabot posted:

I have unfortunate news for your buddy. Number go ... not up
Yeah no. For many, Ethernity was bought at 25c-$4. It's at $40+ and will be used to acquire tokens later. cointelegraph is not a good a source of information. NFT markets are all over because the same thing happens in any part of illiquid markets.

Acting like that's unique to NFT's is just inaccurate. NFT's are hyped to hell but they don't exist purely in a silo. There's multiple marketplaces for most NFT's even if buying and selling them is stupid to me as well.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Apr 4, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

this is seriously the dumbest poo poo lol

It really is, and actually shows you how little people value any of this poo poo. What is a million space bucks for this?And yes NFT's are 99% blatant copyright infringement and will get shut the gently caress down over it eventually.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

So you're argument now is that a picture of a physical object is the same as the physical object itself?

I've got a bridge to sell you

But you never told us how many bitcoins you're selling it for!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm all for people pointing at holes in bitcoin but if you think we're going to see a significant price correction in the middle of potential partial adoption, you're going to miss the next 12 months.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

jokes posted:

I sometimes wonder what you could ever possibly say to a person who made Bitcoin money and honestly, truthfully, 100% believes they are smarter than everyone else because of it.

Like there has to be some series of words, sounds, or gestures that might inspire some amount of critical thought about a windfall but I’m at a loss.

They'd be natural hoarders who got lucky. Nothing more. If they managed to hold this long theoretically they will never sell until it reaches some number.
I don't think it's superiority but a lot of people are stupid and that includes the people who think they are smarter. Dunning Kruger is a hell of a thing.

The flip side is fear, people afraid of change and either fight it or secretly accept it but verbally state otherwise.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 8, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
So, I actually manage crypto money (more than I'll ever see myself, surely) for HNW and institutional clients. However, unlike xtal and others with ego problems, these folks aren't jackasses. One told me he was excited to be funding and building a special needs school in Haiti. Another told me to prepare for donations to charity with my commission as they're adding more funds. These people actually focus on trying to improve the world. Please continue to probate xtal forever.

If they were so crypto rich they wouldn't be donating 10 loving dollars. lol

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 10, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Illuminti posted:

Is there some reason they couldn't build a school with dollars? What is it about crypto that has allowed them to be charitable?

Or are you saying all their money comes from crypto because they got lucky and hodled

They're paying in dollars. It's just the generation of money is from Crypto. These people don't hodl. Most of what I do is accumulation of coins (btc, ada, eth, and so on). So maybe they gain 15% btc holdings in a month, for example.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

though if they had held there would be tax advantages (under US law) to donating appreciated bits rather than dollars to a willing charity
Guarantee you they don't care. I actually wonder if they're doing it for tax breaks.

Re zero sum, I don't think it can be or everything would have gone bust from people losing continually. People are constantly pouring in money, it seems. Even though we hear sob stories of foolish people mortgaging homes for crypto it still goes up. If everything has to be zero sum then we can't have a market at all.

Also the idiots pumping helium token are making it one of my most profitable coins to run algos (and extract btc) from

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 12, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

catspleen posted:

I’m shorting bitcoin with 22 million butts.
Good god sir, that is just one too many

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

John_A_Tallon posted:

Yeah, at least you can eat a horse or play with a beanie baby. You can't do much with a bitcoin besides hurt the environment because it was designed by greedy pieces of poo poo.

More like dumb internet nerds.

I'm enjoying the stupid pumps, I've got more in cash savings and btc and stablecoin from taking profit than the last 3 years.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 14, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

hbag posted:

im also gonna try out writing a bot to trade poo poo for me later
gonna run it on a paper trading account for a while first to make sure its not going to immediately sell my house or some poo poo
already have the basic algorithm planned out

So, what you're saying is you don't want to just lose money shorting, you want your money to be gone automatically?

It's alright, you can let us know after you pay 10k in dev work.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

hbag posted:

decided to test with ETH

literally all it does right now is get the current price but im pretty proud

now just make sure every time it outputs, balance goes down.

I literally run algobots and yes it can work but this isn't something you just pick up and do without expecting to lose money for a long while. There's a whole lot that can go wrong that you won't realize right away, or will happen when you're sleeping.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm completely entertained that a shitcoin like doge is mooning. People be r* but whatever. If you're holding doge and profiting, congrats.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 17, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
From a technicals standpoint this was just a profitable flash crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

xtal posted:

Isn't that normal after an IPO? But it does make me wonder if they got a hint regulation and this dip was coming.

absolutely normal and nothing more. they got shares for free or cheaper than ipo, the end. What people are missing is the same people will absolutely buy back in as well.