Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

shame on an IGA posted:

haha the guy that goes on after that dude is Rawhide Kobayashi IRL
Keep them doges rolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

zedprime posted:

Things are easier to believe in than a process. Libertarianism as a whole could be described as only trusting things over processes
Ah, thr ol' riddle of steel gold.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

happyhippy posted:

Remember, he still is working on a NTF show, trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHT5iUeV8g

RELEASE THE CRINGE SETH
Huh, is that the dead eyes guy?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

:pastryno:

Beefed Owl posted:

I cut ties with him a few years back after he started selling a bunch near its peak because it changed him a lot he became a very self-centered douche and would give no money or help to anyone and unfortunately I think he was a little too smart financially otherwise I would have tried to skim some from him but oh well.
I can't imagine why he didn't want to give you any of his money

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

even a mediocre troll like EMoney
I dunno, they're putting the work in anyway.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

His long association with Randazza makes it clear that his personal wisdom is, at best, hit and miss.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

That qualifies as death.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Enough money to hire a personal tailor who knows what you mean when you ask for "that JoJo look," not enough to hire one who can actually pull it off.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hello Sailor posted:

Jesus did say to give away everything you own
He also said you don't get any credit if people know you did it and the blockchain is an immutible record.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Where did the photos come from?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hadn't seen the actual middle finger image before. Actually kind of cool, much better than the boring goblins.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

OH CRAP! I certainly shouldn't have said it was in the USA bro.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Didn't people initially get into bed bath and beyond as a memestock because people mistook the ticker for blackberry?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Parkingtigers posted:

Same with modern jewellery,
No offence, but of course you can't resell a used, retail-bought item for what you bought it for. That isn't why the diamond market is a scam. The appraisal also isn't 'what can this be sold for', it gives an assessment of what the ring is and a sort of hypothetical value that is meaningful for insurance purposes, though I agree that system is weird and intentionally opaque at best.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The diamond market has rough similarities to NFTs in that it relies on manipulating the public perception of value while artificially constraining supply. I haven't checked recently, but I know for a long time the chief executives from De Beers weren't able to visit the US because they would be arrested for antitrust violations or something along those lines.
The diamond market is deeply artificial for sure, and in a way other gems typically aren't (other crap like turkish diaspore might qualify but that's not even small potatoes in scale). They pushed too hard for too long and now lab diamonds are getting ready to eat their lunch.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Every post in that subreddit is fake as hell and this isn't the one thread devoted to pretending they're not.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do goons get off on being so loving tedious
Posting poorly written fake stories and acting like they're real is tedious.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It looks like the sprites I drew in middle school when I was just starting.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

cruft posted:

No, a prehistoric NFT would be me selling a slip of paper, on which is written "SA forums user syntaxfunction".
Surely the first NFT is that drat rock with 'peace on earth' written on it.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Did someone put rat poison on his table??

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I used to be involved with an open source art project and I saw the toxic effects Stallman et al had on the culture.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Stallman is an awful person who is (on some points) technically correct, and him being put on a pedestal taught a lot of people a very bad lesson in how they should behave. As a result there was way too much of, and tolerance for, people being technically or ideologically correct while also being impractical and/or huge pricks. There were lots of great people too but the stallman-lites really dragged things down.
There were also a lot of people trying to push "libre" a a term because Stallman liked it even though it sounds bad and communicates nothing to anyone outside his orbit.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

GIMP is a great example of FOSS people being out of control. Both the name and the interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

syntaxfunction posted:

Hire a goddamn designer you nerds
I dunno, a lot of today's professional gui designers are also out of control.