Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Bi-nance

Of course there's 2 of them. It's right in the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

5 years binancian lol

The best part of crypto is how decentralized it is

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Good point, but

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

kw0134 posted:

"What if the tribe was only me," muses an absolute moron

I love how the perfect Randian superman in the book (who never compromised his vision for anyone, maaan) was a literal rapist.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Can I finish? Please, can I finish?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I have never once, in this thread (and probably SA as a whole) ever posted anything worth repeating. So I'm confident that no authors stole anything from me

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

MokBa posted:

My favorite little local Chinese place still has those cookies with FTX fortunes inside. Literally they're all about accepting volatility and taking risks and I've never seen such a baldfaced attempt to rip off regular people. And the fact that it's FTX is even funnier.

I got those, too! I didn't realize they were FTX... I would have saved one.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Haven't you seen The Book of Eli?

No

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Geez, at least Edward Norton had the actual Mona Lisa

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

First they laugh at you. Then they die.

- Chrysippus' donkey

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Zil posted:

Is it at least a nice bag?

It's THE GREATEST bag you've ever seen! Here! Take it and see for yourself!

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I'm sure the crypto bros all have the physique of Adonis

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

tango alpha delta posted:

hey guys, this might be a little controversial, but, and hear me out for a moment; it seems like cryptocurrency might, just might, be a teensy itty bitty tiny bit of a scam.

Ok, Elmer FUD

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you bought in. give me one good reason to buy into crypto

Because it's going to the moon, baby! Here, buy some of mine

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does this mean bitcoin is gay?

Bitcoin only wishes it could be that cool or relevant

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

They say the best revenge is living well.

Maybe you crypto guys should get on that, at some point

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Wasn't that the same guy who didn't know what #include meant? The "horse trader"?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

"We are operating as a fking unlicensed securities exchange in the USA bro"

"Did you see Brian's hat? He's still loving wearing it."

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

it's almost as if these people believe they're buying a fleshlight with the phrase "Money $hot" engraved on the side in comic sans

Mods, can I link to my SA-Mart post for this, or no?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Holy crap, those thumbnails just blew my mind completely wide open

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

That's Wordwang!

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Just don't get caught playing one of these games at work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OSfbPJFa4

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

What is a good response to someone that says the blockchain could be useful because multiple computers can't be hacked?

"Citation needed"

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

You couldn't even get one to tie to your belt (which was the style at the time).

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAMbNKcN1U

Seraph is going to charge US $10, just as soon as it's his turn! BACK HAND!

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Don't listen to these guys, Seraph. I hope you're having fun with your Paddy's Dollars or whatever

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Boxturret posted:

Same with boiling. Microwave some pure water in a clean cup and add something to it and boom.

Note: Don't actually do this, unless you want to be sprayed with boiling water

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

PiePanHandsMan posted:

People here having really strong feelings about bitcoin but have to look up what a halving is lmao.

That's where the number of bitcoins in existence gets "halved" because someone accidentally sent them to $NULL right?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

People here having really strong feelings about bitcoin but have to look up how to extract dream shards from a fish, lmao

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Heh, what do you know?

That's what I would say if it turned out Bitcoin had a use. If that's satisfying to any Crypto fan, you can have it now. No need to wait for anything to actually succeed!

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Who would have thought that the "value" of a cryptocurrency would fail to stand up to reality when someone actually tries (even accidentally) to take advantage of it?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Every time a transaction is made, there is a non-zero chance that Bitcoins will be permanently lost. (Or when someone dies and no one knows their key, etc.)

So on a long enough timeline, all Bitcoins will disappear eventually.

Currency of the future

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Someone show me the difference between top tier and bottom tier apes

Difficulty: Impossible

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Talorat posted:

Aren't all those obnoxious text spam messages we all get these days attempts at entrapping marks in pig buchering scams? The ones that are like "Anna did you pick up the kids from soccer?"

My name isn't Anna (I'm a guy.) and I don't have any kids, but I drove down to the soccer field anyway, just in case.

Long story short: all my apes are gone

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

"Your elderly grandma got a call from an unknown number from someone claiming to be you (even though you sound nothing alike), and now she's here ranting that we're holding you without cause, so can you PLEASE wire $1000 to this address and we'll get this sorted out for you..."

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

SettingSun posted:

How will season 1 NFT's keep value in season 2?

That's the neat part...

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Can I ask who the YTer was? I had an idea, but if it turns out they're a douche, I want to unsubscribe

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Ah gently caress, that's who I thought. That's unfortunate.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

edit: nvm

Not really bitcoin-related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_search_phone_call_scam

People can do some really hosed up things because they think the police or some corporate higher up is telling them to.

They made a movie based on this. It's called "Compliance" and... it is difficult to watch.