Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
It's pretty hard to run out of mana once you get lost chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
It gives you a permanent damage increase to the minion type and it lets you avoid the Lux zone where you're constantly 2 damage short of killing all the ranged creeps with E.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

Apdo is playing versus bronze and silvers and is just messing around with runes. Don’t take minion dematerializer. You don’t need to one shot melee creeps early unless you’re trying to push out the wave at level 1 in which case you’re a retard. Don’t ever take that rune.
It gives you a permanent buff to minion damage, for the rest of the game. The 6 minions you get to kill with the items are not the reason you take it. You can't even use them at level 1.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Jungle morgana incoming??

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

njsykora posted:

Another thing I think is passing people by is the strength of Vi in the jungle, it might just be because she just got a new skin so people are playing her but every game I've been in with a Vi lately she's popped the gently caress off.
I was playing her a lot last week. I did well early but there's a point in the midgame where you've finished your triforce but haven't done a defensive item and you just cannot teamfight without exploding instantly. If you can build warriors-tri-steraks before you're forced into team fighting then you'll run away with the game but that's a lot of gold and I usually didn't manage to finish it fast enough. I wanted to try cinderhulk semi-tank but I never got around to it.

Rygar201 posted:

God i loving hate tank meta :smith:

Oh well, better find some tank I can enjoy jungling
I played a game yesterday where I was 13/1/1 as MF. They had a maokai who was like 2/0/0 when I started running into him that we just could not kill. Granted I didn't have a great build for shredding tanks but it was pretty frustrating that he could walk through our team and solo me. In the final fight of the game I got hit by one single ability from another enemy for about 200 damage, and then I got taken from like 90% to 0 by mao flashing on me. I had mercurial but I guess I should have built spirit visage or something??

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Black cleaver second against more than zero tanks as mf
I had it but it did not help at all.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

The only thing I really don't like about new Swain is his ult animation, it looks goofy as hell to have him floating around perfectly still.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

They turned her into a lane bully for some reason. And then out of lane she's still the same old Janna pretty much.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Getting a single ocean drake later in the game is the only weak one imo, but if you can get two or three the regen becomes strong enough to help you push after a close fight when you'd normally have to back and regroup. People definitely undervalue both it and cloud.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Mountain is for taking baron quickly, the extra damage to turrets is just a side benefit.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

it does but the granularity aspect of it matters too in that instead of getting a tower you choose to do dragon, and ranking towers to dragons right now is harder than ever due to the cumulative effect of dragons so who knows in 2018. i was able to find win percent after first dragon but that does not really mean much because that is just "win percent after you make a giant winning trade botlane and force them to abandon the lane long enough for you to get dragon"
I'd be interested in a comparison solely for junglers who can solo dragon early. You still have some opportunity cost in time spent killing the thing but that seems like the easiest way to remove the 'win more' factor from the statistics.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

How Rude posted:

Asol isn't even in the jungle for those recorded games, since he doesn't have smite. He's the midlaner but he roams so often the algorithm decides he's a jungler.
I've seen him as a legit jungler in diamond a few times. Would not recommend unless you're already an asol master though.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Vermain posted:

Yep. CDR capping by stacking all of the mana items is a bad plan, since you're necessarily giving up a lot of gold efficiency to do so (unless you need an earthshatteringly large amount of mana for some weird reason). Realistically, the majority of midlaners were building Morello's first item every time as it was, so all this is doing is giving them more interesting options to let them diversify.
Half of the cdr is on a unique passive, so it's a doubly bad idea to build more than one item from that line.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Asema posted:

Zoe is nowhere near close as Nidalee and you should really stop using that as a talking point because everybody who actually played during Nidalee's reign of terror will laugh at you and immediately dismiss your claims.
Nah she plays pretty much identically out of lane. You're right though they're not on the same level, Zoe is somehow even less fun to play against.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Transient People posted:

Zoe is less bad than Nidalee because she's not mobile like Nid was. That doesn't mean she's good necessarily, but what made Nidalee trash is that you could never ever engage on her if she didn't want to be engaged. Zoe puts herself more at risk than that.
Not at all. Have you ever tried chasing Zoe, because it's basically just as frustrating as chasing old Nid. Now that you can cleanse the entire bubble rather than just half it might get a bit easier to catch her. Admittedly it is easier to catch her with 2+ people than it was to catch Nid, but that's presuming she doesn't have a team.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

There are still pink wards. Of course the game has a changed a ton in the meantime but Lee Sin was at his most dominating back when he had to pay 75g per ward hop.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I mean you can probably do an okay job building crit against some teams but a cursory glance over probuilds shows a single non-rageblade game before I got tired of clicking and I don't remember seeing him build anything else in pro play either.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Vermain posted:

Weird reversal of fortune: the new AP items were a big shot in the arm for support Lux, driving her average winrate up to 48% from 44.5% last patch, whereas mid Lux got loving shredded by the changes (46% from 49% last patch).
The only site that has her that low is op.gg, and all the builds with ludens first seem to be doing fine. I guess a ton of people in korea are building archangels or something??

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku6aQZo_rBU

this skin is everything i'd hoped for
The animation for her aa hitting has an olive flying off regardless of what type of pizza she's holding, 0/10 will not buy

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

That E sounds pretty cool. I never liked old irelia very much but I could see myself playing this one.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Verviticus posted:

id like to use this time to showcase how to do the rift properly which is to hold dps at 2.2k until the eye appears and then pop it at ~1.5 so people cant smite it away from you. thank you.
You should probably have it facing the other way though so the random support wandering past can't steal it from you.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I don't mind it taking an extra camp to hit 3, I think that's a decent change. A single immediate gank top can basically end the lane, which is pretty annoying as a top laner and also pretty annoying as a jungler if you wanted to do literally anything else at level 3. I don't think the scuttle crab changes sound very good though. And hopefully they don't change the xp curve after that first clear.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

Risky plays can pay off? Can't have that poo poo in My League of Legends!
It's not risky at all though

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Vermain posted:

Remember when they gave his E an AA reset and his winrate skyrocketed by like 5%? I swear that shithead's one of the most volatile champs in the game.
It wasn't just the AA reset I don't think, they added a bunch of damage to it too.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

He's been my go-to ban for a while. His laning is kinda weak but he's so strong later, and if he gets ahead at all he'll gently caress up your whole team.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I don't know what the gently caress is going on this patch but I have had at least one (and usually multiple) people on my team feed their faces off every. single. game. I've tried a bunch of different roles and it doesn't seem to matter; go 2/0/6 as support, look up and the score is 8-18. Start the game 3/0 with three buffs and both scuttles as jungler, mid has already died twice, eventually ending 0/8/0 against a 13/1 fizz (the one death was to me, solo). Go mid and both bot and top are 0/3 and spamming ff 15 by five minutes (no the ff15 does not go through). I've gone something like 2-20 in the last two weeks, this is starting to feel like a warchicken flagged for losses situation.

Obviously I'm just getting something wrong but I'm really struggling to see what, this is immensely frustrating.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I knew it!!

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Oh now I remember you

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Forecast Janna is worth it just for the taunt, it's the best one in the game by a mile

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

The people in this thread are not trying to be mean to you, we're just trying to help you understand that the way to raise in rank in this game is to improve your game mechanics and decision making.
And maybe try using your free ward, that you get for free, more than once a game

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

You can get your mmr from silver 3 to gold 3 by going on like a 10 game win streak

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

its curtains for Kevin posted:

The meta of avoiding bad matchups, and getting vision to read the swap and follow, was cool, and i'm sad there was no way to keep it without removing it

It was interesting when it was an actual 1v2 lane, once they figured out that it would devolve into the 4v0 push thing it ruined it forever

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

And unfortunately I don't recall it being a result of any particular balance change, at some point people just realised you could totally run roughshod over your strong side of the map when you're 3v2 and one of those 2 are still level 1

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

He's right in the general sense, though. Even abstract concepts like lane priority and their implications have trickled into solo queue.
Mostly as buzzwords to direct blame rather than strategy to be applied, but still. At least they're aware of them.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Maybe you shouldn't have died :colbert:

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

lol if neeko copies udyr at level 1, she can immediately level her ult

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Her damage seems crazy high. E is nuts in lane, a little more fair when there aren't minions around. It's hard to tell how effective her passive and w are, but they're definitely fun.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

Old Urgot’s ult was the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.
There was that one worlds where he got picked as a counter to Hecarim (I think?) and just ulted him whenever he tried doing anything, that was pretty cool.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Won't that be terrible without the passive to go with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

foutre posted:

Trip report from first placement in Season 9: had a disco nunu who inted level one (who was mad because he lost to the Pantheon the previous game?), then ran down bot lane repeatedly to consume every cannon and then die to the enemy lane. The panth then inted into top tower to "show nunu what it felt like" and then denied surrender votes to "force Nunu to stay in the game".

Dear god. The saddest part imo was that we actually got first blood bot while nunu was on his way to lane, and I only missed one non-consumed cs prior to ~5 or 6 minutes when he started body blocking me off the minion wave...

At least it was just my adc placements, I guess...
Yeah I definitely should have waited a couple days. Played five games: had one good, well-matched game; three had someone int or give up after level one or two: last one my adc was clearly outmatched and told me he was meant to be bronze and wasn't sure how he ended up in a plat+ game. He was a good sport about it at least.