Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

hey really curious why you censored your account name, any specific reason why you dont want people to know the name of the account you're playing on?

probably a Methanar parachute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I would rather never play this game again than have to play Jungle even one more time. Holy gently caress it's the most unfun poo poo ever; how do y'all put up with that garbage

it's league for people who want to play a singleplayer game for the first 5 minutes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oh yeah, feed this poo poo right into my veins.

I'm betting a late June/early July release, right before the summer CS:GO major.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Smol posted:

I think Riot could easily grab a significant chunk of the CSGO playerbase if they nail the shooting mechanics and the casual matchmaking experience.

I love CS, but they definitely have a problem of retaining the casual players.

According to the e-sports people who have played it, the gunplay feels like CS:GO and the movement feels like 1.6. Riot sent a few more rounds of testing gameplay to some channel called Hitscan and it definitely looks like it hits all the right marks. Main gunplay differences are fewer redundant guns and no different weapons between sides, and a few weapons have 1.25x zoom ADS that either reduces their rate of fire or turns them to semi or burst. There's pump/semi shotgun options as well as the classic scout/AWP options for sniping. Apart from main rifles and pistols each class has two options; cheap and standard.

The abilities are reportedly more like grenades with the occasional Siege gadget or "oh, that's interesting" thrown in as an ult-type ability. One Polish streamer/CS pro or whatever who played the alpha says they're no replacement for being able to move effectively and click heads, and the Riot gameplay teaser footage has a lot more bursty use of them than you would probably see in an actual match; no one drops all their smokes a minute and a half in. Ults build up over rounds both passively and through getting kills/picking up "orbs", whatever those are.

Riot figured out what Blizzard didn't: the way to grab e-sports FPS market share isn't through mashing up TF2 and MOBAs. It's by looking at the top dog, figuring out what it does wrong, and improving upon that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

is there a valorant thread?

Not yet. I was thinking of making one once we have more details than "it's counter-strike with a few waifu characters for whale bait" and reddit reposting the same dumb questions and fan art over and over, but if you have an idea for an OP go ahead

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Methanar begins to rub his hands together, saliva drizzling from the corners of his mouth

The Something Awful Forums > Games > VALORANT - No, Methanar, you can't post in this one either

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

is there a valorant thread?

Update: There is now. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918061

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Methanar is already there better :sever: your dreams for forums gold

shoulda stuck with my original subtitle idea

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

So, I've just started playing again after... wow, probably close to ten years. I've got a bunch of friends who play and it's fun! I'm having a lot of fun with bottom lane ADC, but I'm having issues with top lane. I seem to just absolutely get deleted in engagement with the enemy top laner. I'm playing Poppy and I seem to go up against Tryndamere and Mordekaiser quite a bit, and both of them have the ability to just turn me into putty.

Is there a decent top lane "tutorial" of sorts so I can sort of learn what not to do? I feel like I'm having a better grasp of bottom and maybe I should play some mid or something before I go into trying to hold top on my own. Most of our wins we end up with a horrible mess where at best I get the first tower down up top but lose both our top towers our bottom or mid is our no brakes steam train that we push all the way to core through.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I hate Sett.

That is all.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

just delete allchat. 90% of reports gone

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

I genuinely really hate seraphines design, it just seems so lazy.

she is 100% geared towards milking money out of dudes who are into 16 year old k-pop stars and riot knows how much bank that's gonna result in

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

which champion is not designed to get people to spend money, im just curious

they all are

only some are geared towards "actually, it's bpehpablaolphilia" types tho

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah that's the problem with having multiple ranked leagues within the same general rank structure. dude's #624 in NA in solo queue but probably only plays flex with his IRL buddies who are all silvers so they balance out to gold I

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Three words happened: Heroes Of Newerth

People are still playing that? Dang. I figured it would have gone under after League and Dota 2 both got established as e-sports.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm honestly surprised Riot's legal team hasn't sussed out whether or not they can get away with opening onlyfans accounts for the KDA characters

Would probably net them a SHITLOAD of money

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

christ I can't tell at a glance what half that poo poo does. they should have an option to colour item icons by purpose ie. health has a green background, AD is red, AP is orange or something

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iirc this isn't the first time that riot has just stolen some actual person's appearance for a character design but it's the first time they've done it because some dev bro couldn't score

also lol at riot's statement. "we investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing" is some police union poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

Yo why is this thread so chuddy?

they spent too much money on corporate parasocial egirl waifu and need to defend their poor choices

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

turns out a team will ff if your 5 stack yells HORSE in all chat when you gank their hecarim

who knew

our discord was just a mess of "horse? horse! horse? HORSE. HORSE HORSE! HOOOOOORSE" whenever someone saw hecky near mid

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hellioning posted:

I'm just going to focus on Rell. She probably cannot become a pop star.

Well now you've done it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It can't possibly be worse than Neverwinter, so, gently caress it, I'm on board.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

this system is so moronically stupid
somebody tell riot to steal the abandon system from dota instead

if one person disconnects or AFKs for more than X minutes, they get marked as "abandoned" and lose MMR/LP no matter what, and then the game is marked as "safe to leave" and everyone else can disconnect with no penalty
whereas in league when someone AFKs from minute 0 or even actually disconnects from the game server you still have to wait up to 10 minutes and then vote to surrender

While they’re at it they should steal an actual matchmaking system for unranked. If my friends and I play together as a five stack we get matched up against multiple mastery 7s with a million points or more each. If we play as a three we get two pubbies who int like they’re getting paid a grand per death.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

They sold the game and the whole development team to a subsidiary of Garena and then made Strife, which shut down barely three years after launch.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Firebert posted:

his ult scalings on S@20 right now are...fucky? He has what looks like crit chance scalings on his ult but the tooltip number is just absurdly high right now

thankfully it's a placeholder otherwise everyone would be rushing as many agi cloaks as possible by 6

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

smart players play xin zhao in all lanes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

zaepg posted:

I'm convinced there's a farm factory somewhere that pumps out toxic children

Yeah, it's called America.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Which support items are good now? I have no clue they all seem kinda bleh.

Depends on what type of support you're playing. Mage support, grab Liandry's maybe. Tank support, Sunfire Aegis (until 11.2, where Frostfire and Chemtank are both getting well-deserved buffs)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Assuming the other team doesn't ban Ashe because she's like, #4 in the ADC winrate meta right now, yeah, she's a solid choice. She was my first ADC when I was just a League babby, so I should probably pick her up as a support more often.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Barudak posted:

Is Ashe support a thing now?

It's not really "a thing" but because the current "support mythics" are absolutely garbo, so many people are finding support builds for various champs that weren't designed as supports at all. For Ashe, grab Imperial Mandate, hit someone with a W, and once your ADC hits them you both have an extra 20% movement speed for a few seconds to chase them down and commit murder. By rank 5 of your W you'll be firing off Ws faster than the bonus damage and movement speed period from Mandate's unique passive can expire.

The mythic passive will only affect your ult but the ability haste on Mandate helps with sending it more and more often at least.

e: Start with Shoulderguards and kill cannons for dosh

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 14, 2021

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There have been 4 supports released in the last 2 years (2019+2020): Yuumi (yuck), Senna (pretty cool design, terrible in the current patch with a 45% winrate), Seraphine (generic uninspired mage only created to sell kpop skins, the warcrimes are just in her lore), and Rell (engage tank, has a gimmick where she slows herself to unplayably slow for the next 11 seconds every time she uses her main knockup)
Sett was supposed to be a toplane tank but he's sometimes played as a support as well

In my experience (primarily premades) Seraphine absolutely sucks at support when compared to her potential in midlane. She's a decent support but she's nothing special. Her real talent is in making people go "aw gently caress" when they get rooted and suddenly have a bunch of damage coming down on them they can see but can't actually do anything about.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Seconded, Pyke is great and is credit to team

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

one thing thats super weird to me is how people who have to always play ap carry supports also coincidentally always have adcs that suck. im sure nobody could figure out any causation between these two completely unrelated things

Which is terrifying when someone who's gotten used to playing Lux as an APC support accidentally lanes with someone who's an actually good ADC.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

At one point didn't it have some wild ratios and completely destroy towers?

Of course, now trist, ziggs and a ton of other characters can rip down towers so I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore.

I'm looking forward to new Rammus rolling on down to a Trist/Ziggs botlane and following up a successful gank by tearing a tower down from full health in two seconds flat.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

viego is in a nickelback cover band

they explicitly don't play anything from before Dark Horse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The end of Tank Meta makes Jungle so much more fun. You can just run whatever the gently caress, experiment with stupid builds, and still be able to win.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I like playing with my usual group because we're consistently a 5 stack for hours with people rotating in and out but they are WAY too eager to through out an ff at 15 to get out of a game one or two people are finding un-fun. Totally not what surrenders are for.

Not coincidentally, all but three of them are deathly afraid of ranked

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Riot added a new jungler who loving sucks so their solution is to nerf jungle as a whole

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That, but also while ending the game with all around better numbers than your ADC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Every once in a while I get to fight an Ezreal jungler, and invariably they're either trolling or an absolute pushover. Tonight, an Ezreal jungler got me mastery 6 on Xin Zhao.

Anidav posted:

Senna and Seph bot is a loving crime.

Heal heal heal heal heal

Have been both of those in that combo on different occasions, can confirm