Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

About the most milquetoast statement Markey could have made and it still wasn't enough for these psychos. gently caress Israel and Jake Auch, whoever the hell he is.

some random lovely rep who was 13 years old on 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

what is this

someone who should be on everyone's ignore list

Griz
May 21, 2001

Thoguh posted:

I like how this story just invites you to assume that all of these people showed up at the airport without having already acquired a ticket like it's the 1930s or something.

I assume they're all bloodthirsty maniacs because really why else would anyone fly halfway around the world to commit someone else's warcrimes instead of just staying the gently caress home

Griz
May 21, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

bullshit ban

Griz
May 21, 2001

Soggy Muffin posted:

Those roof knocker prelude bombs are so kind of Israel. If you have a disabled bed bound loved one it gives you like 1 minute to say your final good byes to them. Just hope you have tell the difference between a roof knocker over all the other bombs blowing up around you. Also good luck outside!

sometimes they drop leaflets telling people to go somewhere else (which is then bombed in addition to the building they just fled)

Griz
May 21, 2001

i say swears online posted:

but if the tail rotor stops spinning you're dead right? how does it maintain rotational stability in that scenario?

if the tail rotor stops working then you cut the engine and autorotate (assuming you had sufficient altitude and airspeed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation

Griz
May 21, 2001

they should make these fuckers repeat their walk-back every 5 minutes like they were doing with the obvious propaganda 2 days ago

Griz
May 21, 2001

dti posted:

I don't think it's in the best interest of children to believe the indefinite hell that the medical industry visits upon them constitutes a 'gender reassignment', and there's growing evidence to support this view, and a growing awareness about the lack of evidence for the opposite view. What constitutes 'saving' trans youth in the discourse is actually causing further suffering. The majority of the kids I have known have major trauma in the background, others have reasons that are so typically adolescent in scope that it's a travesty that we would encourage them to absolutize their own transient beliefs about their selves.

More to my point and why I mentioned it, if you're woke enough to believe that there is an ongoing transgender genocide, you'd hope that you'd recognize an actual genocide.

If you still think my view is reprehensible, I wouldn't be surprised. I consider the prevailing view to be too ideologically hampered to help anybody grow up to become a real live person. Sending kids who don't know they're gay yet to be sterilized, and robbing other children of their youth, is not why I signed up to be a doctor.

gently caress you and gently caress off

Griz
May 21, 2001

Phigs posted:

Feels a bit rough to punish a person for an opinion that was dragged out of them. Just take note for forming your own opinion on them. I don't think they're inclined to keep talking about trans people.

if someone asks your opinion and you say "whatever i say will be wrong" and then you elaborate at length, you're the problem and you put yourself into that situation

Griz
May 21, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

Eh the US and KSA has been genociding the Houthis for years this is old hat

also the Houthis already said like 4 days ago they'd take action if the US started loving around

Griz
May 21, 2001

Weka posted:

Saw somewhere they used to have a crane on the boat itself but they got rid of it, atleast for the newer ones. Also they had ships that could do it but they were decommissioned.

Does anyone know where the closest port they can reload at is? Italy?

the ships don't have anywhere to store more missiles and they could only use the crane in harbor or perfectly calm seas, so they just removed it and added more missile tubes instead.

they'll probably go to Crete for reloads since that's the largest NATO base in the region.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Sancho Banana posted:

There's also that interview with a survivor from the rave who said that the IDF soldiers who arrived were shooting everywhere like crazy, and that one video from the rave showing that a tank was present but I don't have those on me right now. Someone else here can probably link them and other stuff I'm not recalling.

also some kibbutz where Hamas guys took prisoners and called it in to the local police to make them aware of it, then a tank showed up and fired directly on the building full of people killing everyone except two women and one Hamas guy who promptly surrendered.

I forget the names of anything involved but she was all over the media for like two days before they got her to shut up

Griz
May 21, 2001

Pookah posted:

If I remember correctly, her name is Yasmin/e Porat.

that's correct and here's the long article that now includes a guy whose partner was killed saying Israel did it

quote:

Haaretz reports: “According to him [Tuval], only on Monday night and only after the commanders in the field made difficult decisions – including shelling houses with all their occupants inside in order to eliminate the terrorists along with the hostages – did the IDF [Israeli army] complete the takeover of the kibbutz. The price was terrible: at least 112 Be’eri people were killed.
This testimony would seem to indicate that many Israeli captives were still alive on Monday, 9 October, Mondoweiss observes, a full two days after the events of Saturday, 7 October.

https://electronicintifada.net/content/israeli-forces-shot-their-own-civilians-kibbutz-survivor-says/38861

Griz
May 21, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

"it is forbidden to move north" bitch it ain't your house, you can't forbid poo poo

there's still at least half a million people who never left the north, and the ones who did have now seen that moving doesn't guarantee safety so they'd all rather go home than live in an overcrowded UN facility that's gonna get bombed anyway

Griz
May 21, 2001

also Hamas has enough actual gear that they wouldn't be using pieces of fraying twine as slings

Griz
May 21, 2001

Mia Wasikowska posted:

"142 Palestinian females, including babies and elderly, detained during Israel's ground offensive into Gaza - Joint statement"
https://english.wafa.ps/Pages/Details/139985

^this was mentioned in al jazeera. i don't know what credibility this agency has. can anyone help me out?

it's the official state news agency of the PA

Griz
May 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Exactly. Normally my standard of proof is pretty low on stuff when it comes to accusations of sexual assault, because just believe victims, its not that hard. But this apparent footage is being used as justification to kill all Palestinians. Everything the zionists are doing in the U.S. is to deflect from the fact that it's Palestinians only that are facing an actual genocide that is happening right now. It's so beyond disgusting. And of course Americans are falling for it because we are the dumbest motherfuckers.

the most infuriating part is that they just outright believe whatever Israel says with no actual evidence, while completely ignoring all the reports and multi-source videos from the ground about IDF's dozens of atrocities

Griz
May 21, 2001

i say swears online posted:

they're getting hosed from poor latrine protocol

also they keep filming videos of themselves making GBS threads in elementary schools and houses and smearing it on the walls, and oops there's no water or supply in gaza so they all get diseases from not being able to wash their own poo poo off their hands

DTI
DTA

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/Megatron_ron/status/1736761547219702239

Griz
May 21, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How the gently caress do you get rid of all your supply ships!? Is there any precedent for this?

the tenders didn't have the ability to reload the VLS cells at sea anyway

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/03/28/us-navy-prioritizes-game-changing-rearming-capability-for-ships/

Griz
May 21, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

I didn't know tanks could fire "light" shells - they tend to just shoot the round they're designed for..

I wonder if they have canister shot

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/AnimalFriendsAF/status/1738520393193791693

Griz
May 21, 2001

the cat guys are still alive
https://twitter.com/AnimalFriendsAF/status/1740285555328405536

Griz
May 21, 2001

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol that sounds like a hell of a design flaw

trophy is so loving bad for this application

- infantry near it will get gibbed
- minimum range against RPGs is 50m
- it is single shot and 1.5 seconds to reload so can be defeated by simply having two guys with rocket launchers or one of those new double-barrel ones
- it seems to either have a coverage gap directly above or its sensors are set to ignore small slow quadrotors because there's a bunch of videos of grenades being dropped directly onto tanks
- entirely ineffective against high velocity projectiles such as a 1960s Soviet recoilless rifle

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/AnimalFriendsAF/status/1741781778459726228

Griz
May 21, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this Boy Jared's plan?

the plan seems to have been completely unchanged since Oct 7 despite Saudis now being universally opposed to "normalization"

Griz
May 21, 2001

Meadowhill posted:

cut-and-cover what ever that is.

dig a trench and build a roof on top

Griz
May 21, 2001

(click for video)

Griz
May 21, 2001

Marenghi posted:

I hope Hamas has anti-air rockets. See how much appetite Israel has to keep fighting when their Apache's fall from the sky.

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1711324987007582653

Griz
May 21, 2001

they got the fire out and the ship is loving off to an unspecified safe harbor. I wonder how long it'll be stuck there for repairs.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Karach posted:

Interesting, hadn't heard about that. Any links?

I vaguely remember seeing something about Hamas having a bunch of Chinese-made small arms which is probably because China is switching rifle platforms so there's a ton of the old stuff getting sold as surplus.

Griz
May 21, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wasn't there a story like:

"hey does flipping switches count as starting a fire?"
"I'm thinking no." "Yeah prob no."
"Idk could be yes there's sparks."
*Physicist describes electrons & it's probably no*
*everyone now agrees it's probably yes, except the first guy who said maybe*

Or was that made up bullshit?

this actually exists and has its own wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KosherSwitch

also the "Kosher Lamp" which is just a lamp that's on all the time with an opaque cover because covering the light is ok but turning it off isn't

Griz
May 21, 2001

how is fluffdaddy still admin? he's a total loving moron

Griz
May 21, 2001

TeenageArchipelago posted:

also the copy of Mein Kampf in a kid's room

don't forget the pristine ipad with 100% charge and a nazi desktop that they "found" in someone's destroyed house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/MnarMuh/status/1782815059158143112