Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Starting to see gay liberals rabble-rousing about how people witholding Democrat votes on anti-genocide grounds will lead to gay people in death camps, how it will be blood on their hands and their smugness won't save anyone.

As a gay, transgender, immigrant who grew up in a very low-grade warzone (some bullets in the school facade, grenades in the neighborhood) facilitated by the U.S., this is. making me mad.

If you know anyone liable to spout off like that, tell them to keep their traps shut, before someone like me just up and loving kills them.

vv i dont know what that nerd emoji means and i dont care ok now i got it. understood

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:36 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

yeah, that. i did appreciate the nonjudgemental help.

anyways, may every bloody warhound meet the same ignoble end. amen.

vv my excuse is that i dont expose myself to liberals if i can help it so im not familiar with that thread. you run a tight ship here. unlike certain armies!!!!

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:53 on Oct 28, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

small bit of good news: all the 20-something "progressive" Zionists are in the middle of a weeks-long depression fit because all their leftist friends are rightfully refusing to hear out their dissembling and equivocating about the Palestinian genocide. they are just absolutely not finding any purchase, and any Zionist that does not eventually go the route of accepting and uplifting pro-Palestine protests, inevitably tailspins into ranting about how Pallywood is turning all their friends against them.

young people are just not having it

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

tangy yet delightful posted:

I am glad that the Israelis are stupid

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/Oye_TaRim/status/1721395237380112618

I was tearing up at the video and then the reply shocked me so much it factory reset my brain.

I hope you are all going to taking material action where possible, is what I'll say

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-772021

God loving bless the troops

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

The big sticking point with the Tacoma blackade seems to that the organizers were straight up lying to participants and hobbling the efforts of people who were actually willing to do things of consequence.

Presumably for clout-chasing reasons, at best, and wanting to be little feds at worst.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I have to imagine there's some Pentagon guys freaking out about Israel using the evil knife missiles in the most spiteful and public way possible. They surely count on this kind of thing going semi-hidden by virtue of the average American knowing jack about poo poo.

A whole lotta people are gonna be asking themselves tomorrow, why are my taxes going toward long-range knife grenades? Why do we even have those?

Really amazing how deeply evil systems will be set up in plain sight. On that note, been doing some reading on that Ben Gurion guy:

from Nahum Goldmann's The Jewish Paradox. sure does clarify some things.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1723393376051974377

this posted yet? absurd ghouls

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

their "makes tent camps on open ground with no cover and no watchmen" team got blown up today, too

also their "multiple people ambling in front of open windows at a sedate pace" team

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

On the other hand, I saw an IT-department army reservist telling people that Israel is the most war-torn country in the world, which is why she committed to that career at age 19. Gotta lead the charge on the crusade of our times, after all!

I feel like it's a safe assumption that people will be taught and believe whichever worldview is conductive to having a deep manpower pool

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Adenoid Dan posted:

Palestine is simultaneously a state (so Israel can declare war on it and has no obligation to maintain conditions hospitable to life) and not a state (so Palestine has no legitimate government to negotiate with and is completely subject to Israel's whims)

It really is incredible how good people are at holding conflicting ideas in their minds without apparent discomfort.

Another observation:

What's particularly puzzling about the very online liberal Israeli I'm seeing lately is that they just want the whole thing to be... handled internally? And bloodlessly/perfectly too

Meaning an immediate cease to the protests, no blockading of the weapons being shipped to Israel, but also with sudden and proper elections that usher in a new (peaceful!) Palestinian governing body, and a complete cleaning of the house of Israel, in favor of less nakedly cruel one. A viewpoint that simultanously calls out insurrection as childish, unrealistic, and wholly unnecessary.

While ignoring just how unlikely it is is that their perfect bureocratic dream will be happening within, say, the next century. In the meantime, for the Palestinians: wait 50 years and hope the fire that is burning you gets a little less hot every year.

edit: oh yeah and they all talk like this when they aren't trying to sound high and mighty

Ramie has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Nov 16, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I really have to wonder what morale in the IDF has to be like atm. Surely a bunch of soldiers have lost friends in the process of capturing the hospital terrorbase, and they gotta see how pointless those deaths were, right? And they are only going to be more cowardly going forward?

vv ah, good point. their brains probably can't get more thoroughly brined in dipshit tyrant hormones. gotta be total saturation at this point. this is as cowardly as cowards get

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Nov 16, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I think ironically linking people to videos of IDF soldiers beinga full-throatedly awful can help. Words are nice and all, but a picture is worth a thousand words, let alone multiple frames per second filmed from first-person PoV.

Additionally if the person you are talking to is non-white or non-cishet it is very very easy to peg the soldiers as cop-brained, and sympathy with fellow victims will do the rest.

v bud we just had a video posted of soldiers making GBS threads on prayer rugs, don't be obtuse. gore does not have to factor into it

Ramie has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Dec 1, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/MSF_canada/status/1732420636822442146?t=xsYOOf5aHE4uuFWw29mezg&s=19

christ.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Hey, all of you who've spent several days and several threads defending this fabulous act of "resistance", what part of it did you like most? The war rape? The slicing of children in half? The parading of bodies in Gaza to a cheering crowd?

If you think this is such a great thing for Gaza and the world, get off your keyboard, arrange a one-way trip to Israel, and sneak over to the Gaza strip and present yourself to Hamas as a hostage. If you somehow survive the ordeal and aren't raped, murdered, and paraded in Gaza, you might do something actually significant to improve the goals of the fabulous resistance.

Every single one of these "pro-Palestinians", as well as the long overdue tankies, should be banned from these loving forums. It's a pox upon it that they are let to be here so long, and it's a pox upon you and your team for probating and banning people presenting real historical information that's not comfortable for Westerners and inconvenient to the Palestinian narrative. Don't bother with punishments, I'll be out momentarily.

ok.

https://twitter.com/sitcomabed/status/1730618032421044478?t=pz3dlXvrD8sGQVUVgOa9Uw&s=19

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

am I crazy or did someone in this thread post an article from an Israeli news site with an IDF source saying only 15% of those captured POWs were non-civilians? I was looking for it

I might have seen that on another site though

vv thanks. drat, I didn't know both sites reported it. between this and the friendly fire numbers, I assume confidence in the IDF is at an all-time low among those who are not entirely blood-maddened. but then, I'm expecting some level of rationality

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Dec 13, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Al! posted:

like by all means, maybe its something thats real but if i was going to scam a bunch of white people over the palestine-israel war id definitely do it in some untraceable way like this

https://twitter.com/Hind_Gaza/status/1718755140738461903

seems pretty legit, and people have been funneling effort into it for a while, artists doing fundraising commissions and donating the proceeds to esim funds, and the like

there was a hiccup a few weeks ago iirc where one of the providers was blocking foreign purchases but things seem to have stabilized now

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://againstapartheid.art/downloads

people were asking about pro-Palestine art and these collections are the most comprehensive I have found. some incredibly well done stuff in there

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israelis also use the prickly pear as a national symbol sometimes, they call it sabra. getting pissed at them is how I became a cactus pedant.

Old post but I have been thinking a lot about this while I have been spending the holidays with family in Mexico

In the Sierra Madre, seeing a prickly pear is nothing less than a relief. The land can be thoroughly indifferent to human life, so seeing the bright red of a tuna can feel like a peace offering. It is the friendliest plant around, in its context. There's spines, sure, but those are a non-issue if you know how to handle the plant even a little bit. It's not hard to peel the fruit one-handed, using just a sharp knife and a flat rock. My grandpa used to do that. The flesh is refreshing on a hot day and the sweetness warms you on cold one. The only way you could possibly see it as unfriendly or a symbol of self-defense or whatever, is if you are unfamiliar with land and context and go poking poo poo you don't understand. So, the "making the desert bloom" mindset yet again.

It's like Zionists set out to find the Toughest and Meanest Fruit, and as usual they hosed it up.

Ramie has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jan 3, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

oh i guess if you put "status" in there it's fine

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

In a way, this is a pie-in-the-sky outcome that even the most optimistic hardcore leftists wouldn't anticipate.

Lots of people asks themselves, "hey, if the system will kill them anyway, why don't people do something useful with their deaths and make it a blow against the structures that kill them?". And then this guy went even beyond that, beyond dreams of defiantly throwing a rock at the tank about to crush you. He knew he had a shot to really, really make it hurt. People go their entire lives agitating and rabblerousing hoping to deal one-hundredth as much damage to the grip and illusion of moral infallibility the government has, before they die.

So it bears discussing why this is all worth dick squat, and we should instead be jerking off into our own mouths, very leftistly.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1773344206263578945

never knew this Uli person was a goddamn D&D start-up guy. feels like a parody of soy nazis

Ramie has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Mar 28, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Clip-On Fedora posted:

He also thought it was very mean to laugh at the stupid Billionaires who imploded themselves in their own poorly designed submarine, but I think it’s less cowardice and more of a misplaced sense of empathy

before we get into a very stupid discussion: it's an April Fool episode where they play a nonsense audio clip on repeat for more than an hour of runtime, in lieu of any actual interviews. it's very explicitly mocking the misplaced empathy that you see in NYT and the like

I don't listen to TrueAnon otherwise so I can't speak to any history of something or other

Ramie has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Apr 2, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

boo boo bear posted:

dude... you gotta let the good ones run it's course.

normally I would agree but I wasn't looking forward to everyone's super smart podcast posts in the genocide thread

anyways. It's yet another day where we see reflected the attitudes of the West towards its victims: the otherized masses laying out their accounts of being brutalized? well they are just biased and self-interested.
the in-group gets killed? well NOW that's someone that matters, why didn't you say so before! no surprise that activists of every stripe are more radicalized than ever, every liberation movement is reflected in this one

10000 Palestinian victims would never have the worth of 1 Western one. "cruelty was invented when it happened to us!". and then the weight of a Western life is not even that much, as we have seen. these past few months have been a referendum on the worth of human life.

it's not something new in the least but it's baffling how there's no attempt to even keep up the pretense for a moment. just going ehhhh gently caress it. the jig is up. take it or leave it.

maddening. the only sanity that can be found is in the horror other people share

vv true. can't argue with that. this is just another manifestation of the same ideals. and this time it's not even for money

Ramie has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Apr 2, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

selec posted:

wife took apart a chair today that had been brought in because it was uncomfortable to sit on. right under the top layer of batting there's a fuckin' pair of wire snippers lol. had been sitting in the padding of that chair for at least a decade. a decade or more of people consciously or unconsciously avoiding the uncomfy chair. and she gets a free tool out of it.

in this way your wife is much like the Hamas frogmen dredging up metal scrap. curious!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

FUNDRAISING INFO POST, SORRY FOR THE LENGTH

I have seen people asking about fundraisers in the past, and I found this one Arab blogger who put together a masterpost of Gazan fundraisers they have been able to vet by actually talking with the people behind them. Scammers who were not even able to speak Arabic or pass a basic background check were not highlighted.

quote:

Fundraiser masterpost

This is a masterpost for the evacuation fundraisers I've vetted so far, a few other fundraisers I find trustworthy but have not been able to vet (inability to communicate with the organizer), and a few semi-completed fundraisers or fundraisers for a different purpose (like house rebuilding, or aid distribution). The numbers next to the names have no significance beyond ease of navigation for me for when I check their progress in the future. You should look at the disclaimers instead and focus on those. Occasionally I will update these with new info, including new fundraisers, and the amount of cash that's been raised. Check in regularly on the original post when you see it being reblogged. In all likelihood once its reached you it's already outdated. Also please don't overlook the Sustainable Aid options near the bottom! The brain drain is already creating problems but having another way of keeping or creating new knowledge and key members of a functioning society is important.

VETTED FAMILY ESCAPE FUNDRAISERS

Walaa Abusamra (1). 10 family members. 18.5k out of 80k €.

Ezzideen Shehab (2). 6 family members. 5.2k out of 32.5k €.

Madleen Abu Jayyab (3). 4 family members. 5.6k out of 70k USD.

Jehad Shehada (4). 1 individual. 2.8k out of 15k CAD.

Aser Alassar (5). 5 family members. 258k out of 550k SEK. Or 33k out of 51k USD.

My friend Mona Abu Hamda (6). 9 family members. 54k out of 75k USD.

Mohammed Shamia (7). 7 family members. 1.9k out of 35k USD.

Abdullah Al-Saghir (8). 9 family members. 65k out of 100k €.

Randa Abubakr (9). 6 family members. 10.2k out of 14k €.

Fadi Alshrafi (10). 9 family members. 40k out of 85k USD.

Osama Abdelrahman. (11). 9 family members. 27k out of 45k €.

Alhaw family and the Albittar family (12). Between 18 and 12 family members. 4.5k out of 90k €. (EXTREMELY LOW, NEEDS FUNDS)

Verified Fundraiser by Palestine Asdiqa to help a malnourished baby with cerebral palsy. (13) 6.3k out of 31k USD.

Rana Abu Ahmed (14). 6 family members. COMPLETED ✅

Mohammed Abu Matar (15). 6 family members. 5k out of 34k CAD.

Moataz Abu Sakran (16). 3 family members. 12.4k out of 20k $.

Ayah Abu Sidu (17). 10 family members. 15.2k out of 50.4k USD.

Said Fadel (18). 7 family members. 19k out of 50k USD.

Tasneem Nabil Musa (19). 7 family members (ALL INJURED, NEED MEDICAL CARE.) 13.2k out of 50k USD

Belal Azmi Msallam (20). 14 family members. 7.1k out of 160k AUD.

Mortaja Family (21). 11 family members. 28k out of 70k €.

Abu Ramadan family (22). 14 family members. 10k out of 148k €.

Mai Rajab (23). 45k out of 50k USD (CLOSE TO COMPLETION)

Amal Abu Shammala (24). 4 family members. 33.1k out of 42k €.

Maryam & family (25). 29.5k out of 50k USD.

Haneem Abdelhalim (26). 8 family members. 31k out of 40k USD raised.

Ahmed Masoud (27). 12 family members. 8.3k out of 60k €.

Mohammed Fareed (28). 21.7k out of 60k CAD.

Lena Nofal (29). 34.7k out of 35k € (NEARLY COMPLETE)

Rasheda Alfaiomy (30). 6+ family members. 22.6k out of 65k USD.

Ula El Hindi (31). 1+ individuals. 8.2k out of 15k €.

Muhammad Safi (32). 5+ family members. 4k out of 30k BP.

Yazan Khalaf (33). 18 family members. 12.4k out of 40k USD.

Afaf Masoud (34). 5+ family members. 55.1k out of 75k €.

Motasem Khayal (35). 5 family members. 492 out of 43k € (26.5k needed for escape.) EXTREMELY LOW, NEEDS FUNDS.

Youseff Abu Saeed (36). 3 family members (1 is already out for treatment). 154k out of 200k USD.

Abdulaziz & Abdullah, escape & surgery (37). 2+ family members (1 has already been treated, 1 NEEDS TREATMENT). 95k out of 150k BP.

Nadine Abdullatif (38). 8 family members. 103k out of 130k AUD.

Sami Salhab (39). 6 family members (5 already evacuated). 13.1k out of 26k €.

Jehad Al Ghandour (40). 5 family members (1 already evacuated). 30.6k out of 100k USD.

MORE VETTED FAMILY ESCAPE FUNDRAISERS (tumblr has a character-per-block limit, there's no difference between the following fundraisers and the previous ones).

Mahmoud Algharabli (41). 16 family members (4 already evacuated). 48k out of 57.6k USD.

Dr. Marah & family (42). 2+ family members. 5.1k out of 40k USD.

Khaled Alshabrawi (43). 5 family members. 1.4k out of 35k € (25k needed for escape, but will begin with 10k for stable housing).

Muhammad Osama Alzaq (44). 5 family members. 2.1k out of 60k BP.

Mohammed Wishah (45). 7 family members + 1 pet. 2.3k out of 71.5k €.

Muhe Ayman (46). 5+ family members. 3.6k out of 60k €. (CAUTION: If you scroll down in the GFM there are photos of mutilated and dead babies.)

Abdallah Animal Rescue (47). 1 individual + lots of pets. 30.4k out of 40k USD.

Haya Orouq (48). 5 family members (1 injured, NEEDS TREATMENT). 29.5k out of 50k.

Retaj Abu Abdo (49). 8 family members. 7.8k out of 80k USD.

Mohammed Zyad (50). 9 family members (1 MISCARRIAGE). 4.7k out of 40k BP.

Souad Al-Kurdi (51). 5 family members (1 DIABETIC W/O INSULIN, CRITICAL, 1 INJURY). 1.2k out of 50k €.

Mahdy Zourob (52). 1 individual. 141 out of 20k €. LOW ON FUNDS.

Ahmed Alboji (53). 5 family members. 65.7k out of 75k USD. (TIME SENSITIVE)

Sama Lulu (54). 7 family members. 1k out of 80k USD. LOW ON FUNDS.

Fadel Moghrabi (55). 4 family members. 15k out of 25k USD.

Qosai Hani (56). 2(+?) family members. 23.3k out of 40k USD.

Khaled Khraizim (57). 14 family members. 28k out of 100k €.

Ahmed Raida (58). 3 family members (1 INJURED, NEEDS TREATMENT). 19.7k out of 20k €. (NEARLY COMPLETE)

Rozan family (59). 6 family members. 1.6k out of 38k €. LOW ON FUNDS.

Samah Oudh (60). 5 family members. 27.4k out of 35k USD.

Qasim Al-Kafarneh (alternatively: gfm) (61). 33 family members. 1st one, 5.7k out of 80k AUD. 2nd one 64k out of 94k USD.

Ottawa4Palestine’s vetted fundraiser spreadsheet (76 different families with listed fundraisers)

UNVETTED, BUT HIGHLY LIKELY LEGITIMATE ESCAPE FUNDRAISERS:

Rasha family (1). 5 family members. 811 out of 15k € (EXTREMELY LOW, NEED FUNDS)

Natasha Matar (2). 14 family members. 18.1k out of 200k CAD (140k needed for escape).

Islam Daher (3). 6 family members. 2.3k out of 50k CAD.

Ahmed M. Saleh (4). 4 family members. 7.8k out of 35k €.

Salwa Zarifa (5). 4 family members. 1.6k out of 50k €.

Moutasem Quffa (6). 6+ family members. 7k out of 65k €.

Alaa Nidal (7). 4 family members (2 already evacuated). 5.4k out of 12k $.

Zeina and her family (8). 3 family members (1 evacuated, 2 NEED TREATMENT). 5.3k out of 90k $.

Jamila Begum (9). 7 family members. 35k needed. UNKNOWN STARTING AMOUNT. Zelle 347-738-0257, and Venmo @/merilm

OTHER FUNDRAISERS:

Mohammad Qadas. NEEDS TREATMENT + FOOD.

Help Yousef Replant Family Farm & Greenhouse. 2k out of 50k BP. SUSTAINABLE AID.

Rebuilding Developers Plus and Gaza’s community. 2.4k out of 47k €. SUSTAINABLE AID.

Samar Elrayih Hydoub. It seems that most family members have been evacuated, but they need an emergency 1.5k for medical expenses.

Eman Abdel Rahman. Need help rebuilding home and access to food. 7.1k out of 42.6k USD.

Ibrahim Adil Osman. All intended beneficiaries have escaped, they just need some financial support to start being stable enough to make money to get more family members to escape.

Anonymous Palestinian-Canadian woman. She was doxxed and harassed by zionists until she got fired. She's in a very precarious situation and needs funds to survive daily life. NEEDS FUNDS.

Abd Al Karim Adnan Alakklouk. Most intended beneficiaries have escaped, they just need some financial support to start a new life and send more family members money to survive.

Bana AZ. All intended beneficiaries have escaped, they just need a bit of support in establishing a new life. (only 866 € left to meet goal)

Kareem Abu Samra. All intended beneficiaries have been able to escape. They just need support to establish a new life.

Al Hitana Omdurman soup kitchen.

Helping the People of Gaza – Mutual Aid Fund (run by my friend Mona)

Supporting Displaced Families in Gaza (CareForGaza)

Emergency Medical Relief for Gaza Refugees.

Help Sudan Tarada Initiative.

Amer Qudaih’s Relief efforts in Gaza.

These are generally easy enough to find by appending "GoFundMe" to the names in a google search. The blogger is "el-shab-hussein" on tumblr but their blog is set to private so you need an account to view it.

Also, there's another Palestinian blogger who has been able to establish a fundraising pipeline with her friends and relatives in Gaza. Their hastily-assembled operation has been able to provide food to some hundreds of people in the past few months, and provided proof of it besides. Some of the updates she has provided:

quote:

There are a couple new updates that go along with this this proof of purchase update. But first!

With your donations, Hussam managed to put together 500 bags of 25 Kilo flour for refugees in Rafah! This is truly amazing and we couldn’t have done it without your help!

Not only that, but he also managed to find 500 bags of dried milk (0.9 kilos each bag).

quote:

Today, Hussam and his team in Rafah were busy sorting and packaging vegetables. They managed to put 200 packages, each with 10kilo of vegetables (potatoes, eggplants, lemon, jalapeños, tomatoes, and cucumber) and 3 packs of feta cheese for each family.

A few days ago, Hussam also bought diapers, soaps, and buckets to distribute to families with babies. All your donations go directly to Hussam. He still is able to withdraw cash from limited money sources but with high fees due to shortage of cash throughout Gaza. He now pays 15% in fees, which might increase in time. Please keep up the good work in spreading the word and donating.

quote:

Hussam and his team put together a joyful event for the kids in Rafah camps and wanted to share it with all of us here on Tumblr! This included games, songs, competitions, and face painting all of which the kids adored, and even the adults joined in on the good times. They were beyond happy to see their little ones having fun!

Thanks thank you so much everyone for supporting Hussam’s efforts in Rafah, as you can see you’re bringing a bit of joy to children’s lives. Hussam said everyone was on cloud nine with the amount of fun they were having.

Notion site with more information and proof-of-purchase videos:
https://helpgazachildren.notion.site/8517fdaec81a4568a0c1d1ddd0496732?v=59c939b12256426398ab7056b201e952
GoFundMe link:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/gpmrp-help-gazas-children-donate-today

finally, tomorrow April 12th at 4PM EST, videogame streamer wayneradiotv will launch a 3-day marathon fundraising stream, spotlighting Gazan fundraising efforts. He and his team have had no trouble raising $100,000+ on previous 24-hour charity marathon streams for RAICES and No Kid Hungry, so it should end up amounting to quite a bit of something!

quote:

This weekend, Radio TV Solutions will be holding a 3 day marathon fundraiser event for the people of Palestine.
All weekend long, we will be streaming a variety of games and events in an effort to raise money for on-the-ground aid groups and direct Palestinian support campaigns.

The event will not be a traditional stream fundraiser, rather than pointing people at one donation point, we will be suggesting many different support recipients, and you may donate to any of them. You can then submit your donation amount to be tallied into our rough total.

The information document detailing suggested groups/campaigns to support will open up closer to when the event starts, as well as a schedule of events for the weekend. The event will be hosted on my twitch channel, where http://stream.rtvsfundraiser.live/ links to.

Lastly, if you know of any GoFundMe’s or similar site campaigns for Palestinians that you trust as legitimate, please send an e-mail to info@rtvsfundraiser.live with links and details, and I will add as many as I can to the event document.

Please tune in and support however you can, whether that be through donations, spreading the word, anything and everything helps. Even if you can’t or don’t want to tune in, please consider donating. See you this weekend!

Do be mindful of Twitch's dumb "civility" requirements and such if you join, who knows if people saying DTI and DTA in chat could get the stream in trouble. Saying Free Palestine and using watermelon emojis never hurt anyone though.

Ramie has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Apr 11, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

People itt spend too much time talking about how the protests won't cause Netanyahu to kill himself, rather than why the organizers are doing it. Has the word "divestment" been mentioned in the past 5 pages?

I do think the divestment of an Ivy League college from Israel would provide a crack in the foundational assumptions of the Israeli project. And the crackdown is quickly winnowing out other possible outcomes.

As in other fronts, Israel is cooked and they just don't know it

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Lazy_Liberal posted:

some of the Israelis I've talked to are just very matter of fact like "we won the war, we should be allowed to deport people like other countries." it's definitely a lot of "why can't we do it when everybody else got to do it??"

What's strange (convenient, maddening) is that Westerners are the only people who don't recognize the parallels at play, yet also the main drivers and stakeholders. If you ask any activist organizing for Palestine in a colonized country, the sentiment at the core of their actions is some variation of "we can't let this happen again".

But nooooooo, the only thing that can bring the Mexican, the Irish, and the Lakota man under the same umbrella is their shared commitment to blood libel. They just think it's so much fun!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

From what Palestinians say there is a clear gulf in say, Arabic proficiency and general knowledge of the region between scammers and legit fundraisers, and so Palestinians on there have been vetting them by DM'ing the organizers directly. One of my posts in this thread is a list of a few dozen legit ones.

This one:

Ramie posted:

FUNDRAISING INFO POST, SORRY FOR THE LENGTH

On that note, the streamer I mentioned in said post was able to raise 122K for Palestinians trying to make the border crossing :) he and his team had a system where people would submit proof of payment and log it on a spreadsheet, so all the money went directly to people in need

Ramie has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Apr 25, 2024

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Relatedly, I feel like that is a big part of why some ostensibly-liberal people are so stubborn about their Zionism. Not even particularly intense or invested, just those committed to being unmoved: an admission that Zionism can be flawed and that it is worth fighting against, in their minds, means that every bit of anti-Semitic abuse over the course of their life was justified. It means a vast, permanent ceding of ground. And since they are human beings that don't deserve abuse, it logically flows that Zionism can't be that flawed

Obviously that conflation is not how it works, but that's what fear does to some people. You would figure those people would just stop putting their hypothetical fears over very real lives at some point... but it doesn't matter either way. They are comparatively irrelevant, or if they aren't, they can be made to be

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Morbus posted:

if i pull the lever, 50 palestinian children will be maimed, but if I don't pull the lever, shareholders of raytheon may not make quite as much money. truly a puzzle for the ages

this was from back when a queer YA author was revealed to be working for Raytheon. guess what those same circles are crowing about now!

please let us not use this as a springboard for a lengthy derail. remind yourself of the doglike soul of America and move on.

Ramie has issued a correction as of 19:21 on May 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

It is kind of a shame that we don't have chicken lady running for Israel this year. would have killed the effort before it even started