Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Got Elfreeda and Eileen today. I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

10+1 got me Ace #2, my first dupe rainbow.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I cleared 9 friend units today, and added some of those from last page.

In anticipation for enhancements tomorrow! She's almost BiS, just really missing Yun's chest.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Slack Motherfucker posted:

Hey I really appreciate all the adds from folks here, you all are cool :) I changed my name to IadriaSA, so that it's slightly less confusing when I blindly add people from the thread!

I have a really, really dumb question: I finished my first 100% trust rating, one of the moogles from the event. How do I actually collect the TMR? I can't find it in my stuff anywhere.

If you were just smashing moogles into moogles to get the percentage up, that doesn't actually get you the TM. That's just a space saving feature, so next time you get a unit that has that TM, you can smash that 100% moogle into that unit to instantly get their TM.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yesterday's daily I got Prishe #2.

Today I dropped 12 regular tickets and two 4* tickets on the banner.

Ended up getting 4 rainbows. Most rainbows I've seen in a day.

Queen #1
Ace #3
Ramza #1 (YAY good timing)
Basch #1

Five rainbows in my last 15 pulls. I will take that and resign myself to having used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Thanks to the loads of tiny burst pots from expedition as well as the king burst pot every 2 weeks, I am literally running out of units to throw them into.

I've maxed out the LB of a few units I've never even really used, or used only a couple of times. Including a second Rikku, Veritas of Earth, Mystea, 9S, and Cloud.

I mean, they are all useful LBs, but I haven't really used the units that often and haven't really got much out of leveling them. Yet I still have more pots than I know what to do with. Right now they're going into Tidus because why not.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Man I really want to upgrade Olive since she carried my rear end through so much of my early life in the game, but realistically I'm probably not going to use her at all. Not sure if I could justify blowing all those crysts on her.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I just said gently caress it and upgraded her anyway. Well all but Mortar Beacon.

I'm a few black alcrysts short of finishing her Shattering shot though. Will probably have that done this week.

EDIT:

Not best in slot, but not bad!

pezzie fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 8, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Office Thug posted:

Of course, you also want her TMR, a Prishe Hat, and an Apron Dress too, and then 2-3 ATK+30% materias and Adventurer V to fill the rest. It's not totally free, but you definitely don't need to dive into deep whale territory to kit her out like the other top-tier finishers in this silly game.

I think Olive does slightly better with Cloud's Uniform than Apron Dress for attack (edit: just checked, +3 more attack with Cloud) if you want to skip one more piece of TMR. Though I'm still torn between the two, nice HP gain on Cloud's Uniform but the Apron Dress has an assload of def and spr (19 more def, 34 more spr)

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea I just burned a bunch of moogles and finished a Queen TMR for my Olive as well just for some added HP. She's at over 6k now, which I'm pretty happy with.

I'll probably end up sticking with the apron as well, since I have several other units that like to use Cloud's uniform. It's just a nice option since it's not a TMR in case you didn't have Amelia.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Dissidia Opera Omnia is setting the mobile scene on fire, FFRK is fighting back with a Kingdom Hearts collab launching simultaneously in JP and Global, FFBE has... a dog?

*Price is Right horns*

Sounds like FFBE came out on top in this exchange

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I literally looked at those weapons and did everything I could to not get the missions.

Don't need dead weight in my equipment box.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Got an 1165 attack Aileen up as buddy for the raid, includes Machine Killer materia. Hope this guy isn't earth resistant!

if you need a raid friend.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Three rainbow day! Could it be the day I finally get Ayaka??

Ramza #2
Duke
Jiraiya

Well I guess I got some more good TMRs.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

hagie posted:

I have only seen my Garnet with whoever she was equipped with...is that some kind of recent change?

Garnet's 6* was unlocked yesterday, so yea pretty recent.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Daily freebie gave me Trance Terra #2.

I'm pretty psyched about this one. I've always wanted to run those insane 3x Trance Terra teams I've watched vids on. Just gotta build up those black alcrysts again though. I just stockpiled a bunch in anticipation of Freyvia's enhancements too.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

He's not really strong enough to one round carry ELT, but he could work if you break breakers.

He's basically the best bonus unit I have for this event. If you want another unit for my friend unit though just let me know. I know he's pretty weak compared to what I usually have.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Sharing an enhanced Aileen with 994 attack and 4 sources of beast killer (Ifrit, King of Beasts, Demon Horn, Beast Killer materia).

253 556 279 if anyone's interested.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

McSpankWich posted:

Alright folks time to take down your lovely Steiners that no one wants to use anyway, and put back up your A2's/TGC's with beast killer tia

What's that? You want Steiner back up? You got it!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

6.5 million gil is a good stockpile unless you're enhancing units. You can easily blow 4 mil on one unit when enhancing.

For everything else it'll last you a while.

As far as Katanas go, the Gilgamesh trial has a good one. Even if your team is not good enough for it, a goon should be able to put up a Gilgamesh immune Noctis or something and steamroll the fight for you.

There are other good ones that were rewards from past events that were easy to get, but if you missed them then you can't go back for them unfortunately.

quote:

Purple Lightning from the Lasswell Training the Soul mission in the Vortex should be easy enough to get, the next step up is Genji Blade from the Gilgamesh trial. People can set up a friend unit to solo it if you don't feel like your team is up to it; just takes a while iirc.

Ah yea this one's not bad. If you're a newer player it might be rougher because god knows who wants to blow cactuses on story units early on, but it's an option to keep in mind.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

widespread posted:

Okay so uh I haven’t played since the Automata event and uh

Why is classic Lara Croft the icon

Since you last played Square cancelled all Final Fantasy everywhere so they had to make some quick dirty deals with other franchisee to attach to this game.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Victis posted:

Garnet/Eiko can do so much damage with Bahamut/Leviathan as a chain finisher that they make those missions (especially on 10-mans where you can just swap them in) pretty easy.

Yea, my Garnet with +90% EVO (70 innate enhanced, +20 materia) took down Sheretan from 40% by capping a chain. It's crazy.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Kjermzs posted:

Jesus Rainbow. I just 1 shot Castle LGD chaining our TTerras together after a 1 turn set up. Your TTerra is everything I wish mine to become.

TT/Christine is my favorite chainer :D

(I found the FFBE chain macro maker and had to play around with it)

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

For any "finish with magic" mission, always just bring a dual cast Ultima or Alterna and hit that right before your chain. You'll always get the mission because the Ultima/Alterna animation is so long that it'll always hit after your chain ends, making it last hit.

For the raid boss, I brought Ramza for buff, enhanced DW Tidus with enhanced Tidus friend, and TT for chain capping. The Tidus Quick Hit chain was enough to one shot the boss, so I imagine if you threw in an extra chainer in it shouldn't be a problem. The Ultima hit twice after the HP was already 0%, but I got the mission.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Finally got around to doing Malboro today, though I didn't get the kill with limit burst achievement. Oh well.

Only Ice Bird left on my list of unfinished fights.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I figured as much, but unfortunately my team at the time wasn't in the position to throw in one extra attack limit burst into my kill chain.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

I did :retrogames: on batch 3 and only got Sakura. Also in the middle of it I accidentally threw one ticket into the Tomb Raider banner and got E.Aileen. I think I'm just going to quit pulling for a nice, long, while. :sigh:

That sounds... pretty good?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Counterpoint: Sakura owns

EDIT: I mean, I get you, I'm about to drop 98 tickets on CG Fina's banner but I'm under no illusion that the odds are highly against me. I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing what off banner rainbows I pull.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 20, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ratzap posted:

The 10+1 today delivered. I finally have Olive. F2P is slow but I'm getting a few decent units.

Olive carried my sorry rear end through most of this game, I love that girl.

Back in the day I didn't have any 5* chainers, so I'd do 2x Setzer chains and cap with Olive's True Shot.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ugato posted:

I did this as well. And didn’t have DW for them. Chaining the longest animation finisher with the shortest animation chain (Red Card) makes everything else seem ridiculously easy in comparison.

That's rough. I had at least one DW materia to spare by this time and for my second Setzer I had a second knife.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anyone have a reliable site that lists what enemies or locations are best for getting specific materials. I think the one I looked up was outdated or just flat out wrong.

I just need a few more Lucky Seedlings and Brilliant Rays...

You can get them from Chamber of Awakening PRO, but honestly just buy them from the mog king when they roll around. They're cheap.

If you still have mog king currency from the last event I think he's still around.

EDIT: for a reference website: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

BGrifter posted:

The only good reroll is rolling on out into another thread to play a better game run by less greedy incompetent developers.

It's ok man. This time I'll definitely get CG Fina. Gumi wouldn't do me wrong.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea they usually stick around til the next Thursday for you to spend your currency (though I have seen them disappear as early as Tuesday before, so try not to wait too long to spend spend spend).

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got a Fryevia from a ticket today.

She's still good, right? Trance Terra can use her sword for sure.

She's still solid, probably still in the top 10 chainers, and has a high chance of getting enhancements next month.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Easter is April 1st, if they somehow bring back the Egg Seeker event you may see a comeback!

VVVVVV Worked for me :(

EDIT2: Got curious. In the last one year and 3 weeks since I've started playing the game, I've dropped $70.45 on this dumb game. The bulk of that was for the Adamantite Chest (4,799 Amazon coins) from this summer which got me NOTHING, not the Rikku I was pulling for at the time.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 21, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I wouldn't say she's a shoe in for top 10, but she's in the running. The only chainers I'd say are easily above her right now are A2, 2B, Christine, enhanced Trance Terra, enhanced Tidus, enhanced Aileen, and enhanced Orlandeau. Maybe VoD if you're talking ease of chaining partners, but I still think she does more flat damage. Maybe Barb? There's a conversation to be had.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

If you have both Wilhelm and Basch, throw both of them into the party and never bring a healer out again.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

60 tickets used so far, 40 left.

Two rainbows, 3rd Ramza and Kunshira.

Still have hope (lol got 2 of him) and will try again this weekend.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its honestly not worth it to just keep rerolling till you have the best possible reroll. You'll kill yourself before that happens. As long as you pull 1 good offense based rainbow that doesn't become absolute trash later on you can just build your team around it.

Dark Veritas, Orlandu, Onion Knight, Fryvia, T.Terra, Aileen are all good choices with T.Terra and Aileen not being absolutely optimum because they NEED their enhancements to be good which for someone starting out could be unobtainable for a while. Dont settle for finishers, those wont carry you as hard as a chainer.

UOC= Unit of Choice, which are tickets we'll eventually get one 7* hit. You need 10 frags to create a ticket and once you use it you get to pick from any of the non limited 5* units.

Agreed with the stop rerolling once you get one good offensive chaining unit. I would stop if I get one of the following:

Tidus
Trance Terra
Barbariccia
Fryevia
Dark Veritas
Aileen
Orlandeau
Onion Knight

Some of these like Fry and Barb we don't know about their 7* since they're global exclusive, but chances are good that they'll get decent ones. Fry also needs a lot of TMs to get going too but for a new player she can still do some real good stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the enhancements thing, all the units will still carry you hard without enhancements, and by the time you actually need their enhancements you will probably be able to get them.

The only one lackluster on that list pre enhancement is Trance Terra, but even then she'll still carry your team hard for a good chunk of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

And another healer eludes me. 102 tickets (14 4*, 88 regular).

2 rainbows total, Ramza #3 and Kunshira

10 Wadows

Fuckton of Erwins

• Locked thread