Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Mentioning these dead gay forums in ChocoTaco's stream gets you banned and the comments deleted. What did you guys do?

Snapes N Snapes posted:

dead gay forums

There's your answer.

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm not sure specifically but it seems like at least one of his mods is super severe; there have been more then a few comments about people being banned, which is obviously sometimes someone showed up and shouted slurs then is like 'What did I do!?' but there's been a few where it seems to come out of nowhere.

Hi, we're a bunch of different people with different tolerances for what should/should not be banned. But we do log as many time-outs/bans as possible and we try and review and discuss anything that may be subjective to people based on behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

cosmicjim posted:

Is mentioning SA at all illegal?

Not at all. Just the language used with whatever his comment was (I wasn't there, I am just relaying the log message) was what got him timed out. I imagine it would have been the same result regardless of what website was being referenced.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hawowanlawow posted:

I'll report back with a comparison between steam overlay being on/off later. I'm right on the verge of a constant 60 frames at 4k.

Nothing seemed to change for me, stayed in the low 50s.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I still wait for the day that I make it into the video as somebody who died to some amazing shot.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's the SSD. That's literally it. OS doesn't matter. I still use Win7.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

VulgarandStupid posted:

I play with 2800 DPI which is definitely NOTWHATSHROUDDOES(TM)

Jerkface posted:

Sup thousands DPI buddy B)

I also use 70 in game sensitivty l;ol

Anyone who uses low DPI is doing it for some kind of gameplay reason because it makes you require bigger movements to aim. progamers use full arm motion to whip their mouse around but i dont have the desk space for that

Sup... 3200 DPI :smug:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

credburn posted:

Here's a question that might be very silly but I'm very new: When you kill a dude and he drops a crate...is that stuff all just randomized or is that stuff he had? Because it seems like everyone I kill has an enormous stash of stuff and all I have is some dirty underwear and a pistol.

Yes, the crate is their entire inventory.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rex-Goliath posted:

I like the redzone :shobon:

Is it enabled in tournaments? If it is it probably shouldn't be

It was not enabled in the IEM tournament.
It was enabled during the Twitch Rivals tournament.

Usually, it is disabled in tournaments.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

2018 PUBG Roadmap

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/130.pu

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've been bamboozled!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

So what's this new trick to parachuting? I see Chocotaco do an S shape - down, sideways, down, sideways, down - now. He says it's faster. Did anyone figure it out?

I think I have it figured out. Basically, you point straight down, and as your arms move close to your body you can see the camera pull back a tad. That is the "speed burst" for going down, once you settle in and the animation doesn't move anymore, that is when you move your mouse back so you point forward. This causes you to flatten out and move horizontally towards where you are facing. Fly like that for a beat. Then, switch back to going straight down. Rinse and repeat.

It also helps if you jump out slightly before the plane passes directly next to your marker (the marker is directly above the wings of the plane, if you move the camera where the wings are pointed top to bottom on the screen). This way you get a slight head start on everyone else trying for that location. I beat about 15-20 people down to Hacienda that way over the weekend.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MF_James posted:

Well, it's so successful in CSGO, I am going to guess that any shooter with a budget (and those without even) will bring skins into the fold to make truckloads of money.

Nothing they have shown leads me to believe that it is going to work the same way as CS:GO. I think that no matter what gun you pick up, whether it is a spawn or looted off a dead guy, it is only going to show your gun skin. So, even if you loot my dead body and I have Green Camo M4, and you pick it up you will only see your Neon Orange M4 skin.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scoss posted:

They haven't really shown anything at all about how it works in a live game, have they?

No, but hopefully we can see soon with the test server build. I just don't see any way for the game to know that Hockles picked up an M4, make it camo green. Then, when I drop it, it stays camo green. But then what about the next M4 I pick up? Will that one have my skin too or just a default one?

I think the easiest way is just going to have the game display me my skins and you your skins no matter what weapon you pick up.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

no broccoli please posted:

Poor Choco, he's only in there for team kills, haha.

I've been neglecting my responsibility at Clip King of his channel for the past week or so...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This supposedly already out on the Test Servers, so I can look into it tonight and see how it works.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Thom P. Tiers posted:

drunken officeparty already answered your questions. Skins are probably going live tonight with the 4 hour maint.

Does it reskin every gun? Just the first gun? What if it is already skinned?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Oh guns stay skinned after the first person picks it up?

That's cool. They need a button to re-apply your own skin though so those who spent hundreds of USD don't have to stare at a blank beige gun though.

edit: brb buying beige skins

You can remove and add skins by pressing Alt+Shift+Left Click. Something along those lines, I forget the exact button combination.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Apparently ninja dropped the n bomb on his stream.

Time for choco's rise to the top :getin:

Choco swore yesterday.

Time for Hockles' rise to the top!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The whole Choco "Christian stream" is a running joke. Nobody gives a poo poo about choco swearing. And if they do, they are the extreme minority. He's playing a game where you drop in a school and murder a bunch of people.

This. He has said himself that he doesn't care what people he plays with say (within reason, of course), just to be themselves. He used to work with kids, so he has trained himself to not swear very often.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If you would like a code to try the 4x4 map in beta:

https://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Here is me winning my first Solo FPP game. I don't care what anybody says, I am excited.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeSaltyBoarMrDestructoid

I've won a bunch of duo/squad games, but not a solo since FPP was released

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chard posted:

I can't find it at work, but someone posted a video on setting your sensitivities that helped me a lot. I think I dropped everything by 50% or more from where I had it (so low-to-mid 20s now). Your Mouse May Vary. This means I had to unlearn a lot of bad habits but my aim improved perceptibly. Also fiddle with the various scope-specific sensitivities, since you should be ADS for most shots anyway.

I just realized I have had that "mouse pointer precision" on this entire time. I turned it off and my mouse moves around super-fast with my current DPI (3200). So, I turned it down to 1600 and it feels more normal.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A good update.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always played the call of duty games on hardcore mode because it was way more fun when everyone wasn't a bullet sponge and you had to use iron sight.

Same here. Same reason why I never went back to TPP after FPP got released, and why I won't play Fortnite.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Holy crap, dynamic blue zone based on number of people.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cinara posted:

My only complaint with the event mode is flares seemed too rare. We were only playing with 4-5 people but even then we almost never saw a single flare unless we landed Military. Looted all of South George + Crates several times and zero, Novo, Yasnaya, all the same. Saw tons of other people shooting off flares though, so plenty of fun guns were had from their corpses.

I played maybe a dozen Event games, and I think our squad got a flare gun a bit more than half the time. I found 2 in the same random house.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

flatluigi posted:

Is there a page somewhere that has specifically what changes to the game have actually gone live? There's so much up in the air for testing and such quick turnaround on a lot of things that I've completely lost track.

Nope. Because I am 100% certain they (the devs) make changes and include stuff in patches that are not in patch notes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That looks like an A+ patch

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also, make sure to tell Choco his wish has been (sort of) granted and fall damage no longer affects you from a grenade. Although they did increase grenade damage so...

They also increased the carry-weight of them as well, so theoretically people are not able to carry as many nades as before.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fano posted:

Can someone copy/paste the patch notes here? work blocks steam :(

MEGA POST

quote:

Weapon & Item Balance
We explained our goals with weapon balance in last week’s dev blog. You can find the specific changes below:

Weapons

ARs - rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
SMGs - adjusted them to be more effective in short range combat
Shotguns - increased overall damage and effective range

Pistols
Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
Shotguns
Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
Reduced pellet spread by 25%
Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
SMGs
Increased limb shots modifier
Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
Increased ADS transition speed
ARs
Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs
Added new recoil animations for all ARs
DMRs
Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
Decreased the damage of the SKS
Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
Other guns
Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds

Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving

Throwables

Frag grenades
Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
Weight changes (all throwables)
Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12

Character Movement

We’ve slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received

Other Item Balance

Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds

Gameplay
Along with all the balance changes, we’re introducing a new weapon, a new vehicle for Miramar, and a ton of new weapon attachments.

New Weapon

Added the SLR

The SLR will be spawned alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.)
The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.

New Vehicle

The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets

Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.

New Attachments

Duckbill - A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
Attachable to S1897, S12K
Light Grip - It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Thumb Grip - It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Half Grip - It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Scope 3x - This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
Scope 6x - This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.

You can now change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope using the scope zeroing keys (Page Up/Page Down by default).

Boat and Swimming Adjustments

Boats now sink when destroyed
We’ve made some adjustments to the way swimming works to reduce the effectiveness of hiding underwater.
We’ve decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
Once you’ve run out of air, you’ll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
We’ve increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it’ll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)

Map Selection and Main Menu UI

Map selection is now available.

Pick just one map (Erangel or Miramar) on its own to guarantee you’ll play there
If you select multiple maps, the game will randomly drop you into one of the selected maps
As we discussed in the map selection announcement dev blog, we may revisit the design of this feature as additional maps are added. We’ll keep you updated if changes are made.

We’ve also Improved the UI for team mode and perspective selection. As before, only the host can select these options.

Settings

We’ve added an option to adjust vertical mouse sensitivity
We’ve added an option to change the hotkey for reporting a player during killer spectating (R key)

World
We’ve made more improvements to Miramar:

We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces.
The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified

Bug fixes

We reduced some overly-dramatic collision effects (read: space shuttle takeoffs) that occurred when the motorbike crashed into other vehicles
We fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from hopping off of the motorbike after it had fallen down
When players move and shoot at the same time, bullet shells should now fall to the ground and remain there, instead of chasing the player like hella scary demon bullets
The timer for the final bluezone should now display correctly
We fixed an issue that was muting the bluezone’s sound effects for player who left and rejoined a game
We resolved an issue that sometimes allowed you to adjust your camera to see through the ceilings of the school on Erangel
Certain problematic terrain elements (which caused weird collisions or movement) on Erangel and Miramar have been fixed
We’ve fixed some abnormal orange lighting effects in buildings on Erangel
We’ve resolved some strange collision problems that were affecting character models and bullet cartridges
Walking on wooden structures will no longer create bizarre or out-of-place footstep noises
Prone characters should no longer improperly clip into the ground.
We’ve resolved an issue that sometimes limited movement after using emotes and the quantity popup window at the same time.
Text on a UMP skin from the Equinox crate labelled the gun as 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Thanks to the power of memes, this has now been fixed.
Weapon ammo is now counted as “loaded” when the magazine or bullet is inserted into the weapon, rather than when the animation finishes

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

cougar cub posted:

Is there a spreadsheet that explains the new shots to kill because of the damage changes?

Dropping the 5.56 AR damage by 1 and increasing mini-15 by 1 means... ?!?

Maybe this is what you are looking for? A view of mine/choco's made this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cn6iqu5OgHd7eUddIjbSYbztJYrNWVBSHv_YlROFBlQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just want post-match individualized damage reports identical to CS.

You hit Jimmy 3 times for 84 damage.
You hit Beth 1 time for 10 damage.
You hit Tom 4 times for 102 damage. -DBNO
You hit Richard 1 time for 150 damage. - Kill

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

New Dearsomone video --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOTMTK_BSI

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Groovelord Neato posted:

cmon he’d get more than one sub. at least two.

Hell, I have 9...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, a lot of people were complaining about that on the test server, too. Sound will just randomly cut out completely for about half a second sometimes.

It still does that. Good thing that the test server lives up to its name.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Elman posted:

I always refuse to buy early access games because that only leads to getting bored while the game's still an unfinished mess, and I'd much rather wait for the final product and enjoy it properly.

So what I'm saying is Bluehole played me.

If you did it right, you made enough money off of playing this game to make back the purchase price, and to even buy a different, better game.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Neutrino posted:

Is the market coming back??

I wasn't aware it was ever gone? I'm just talking about selling the crates you get from playing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ehud posted:

Regarding PUBG steamers in general - ultimately these guys are trying to make an entertaining stream.

They’re often going for high kill games and cool plays that keep people engaged. I’ve heard Viss comment that he sometimes knows that the best move is a more conservative play, but most people don’t want to watch that.

I've hotdropped way more while on stream than I would normally. Like 1/10 of my games I'll win school/mil-base/hacienda/etc, but I try more than I would off-stream.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Apogee15 posted:

A lot of people have been noticing weird lag. Like doors opening slowly, items taking forever to pick up, even a little bit of rubberbanding. I'm wondering if it's related to the increased tick rate.

This is the one that happens to me the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've seen bugs where during a duo, the guy that I am watching the deathcam of, his partner disappears and is just 2 guns floating in mid-air.