Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ephphatha posted:

Speaking of, I'm watching that one at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnH8MLlreu0
It's an experience.
I'm still sad this didn't get a block with The Dog Island :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dancer posted:

The one not entirely dumb argument I can think of is that there are better charities than PCF. Not that the PCF is bad, mind you, it's still pretty good.
Yeah, I would weakly prefer if they chose a different charity than PCF but like, even as an outside it seems like PCF is stoked to have GDQ and I assume they go above and beyond to be easy to work with at this point and I don't care nearly enough to agitate for a different charity.

everything else is Nazi punks who haven't hosed off yet

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Was he the "if you really want to prevent cancer, go stand in front of the hotel shuttle" guy or was that just one of his flunkies?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zamujasa posted:

The thread in question, because this is fascinating to read
That's one hell of a killscreen - the rabbits that you shoot for points just stop showing up, not that they move too fast or whatever. Nice one, 5.51.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

synthetik posted:

Good ole’ xx_420_blazeit_xx. I knew he had it in him.
It's actually xx_420_blazit_xx :colbert:

(that line "and it was all thanks to a guy named 420 blaze it" killed me)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

financially racist posted:

from what i understand, narcissa owns the domain still and this was done by her and she won't give it back to the zelda community.
They appear to have gotten a redirect working now. Is Narcissa okay? I literally haven't watched that stream since back when she was Cosmo and speedrunning Wind Waker.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kaubocks posted:

look if you aren't talking about LTTP rando what the gently caress are you even posting for
honestly I don't find Keysanity even remotely enjoyable to watch and I think this tournament dominating like all the speedgaming channels is a major misstep

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I mean, he just got it, so unironically yes :shobon:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticWiseHorseradishRiPepperonis

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Boogalo posted:

gently caress no. He'll still be at it for the rest of the week just to try to repeat it.
This.

He literally happened to go 1/25 and did not expect anywhere near that, as far as I know. It's one of those things where it just kind of is luck based on that bit. Makes me think of early FF4 any% runs when they started using the 64-stair glitch but didn't have all the stuff properly mapped out so sometimes you just hardlocked with that annoying frying bacon noise and didn't know why.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DoctorWhat posted:

What do you think "ubiquitous" means?
there are so many words they're goddamn everywhere man :catdrugs:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the origin of the prhase "wrong warp", anyway? I mean, it's perfectly pithy and describes what it is really well, but it has a strange cadence to it. Did a Japanese runner put it that way first or something?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pharohman777 posted:

Heres a nice bit of speedrun humor.
Try and spot all the 'tricks'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9bvkaMI7k
All I can think of is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJAgmVrEL-I

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Groovelord Neato posted:

odd question but are there any "solved" games. as in the world record is impossible to beat by another human. maybe a stupid question since it always seems like when a game is solved someone finds some new glitch or tech to beat it but i assume via tas it can be determined.
Goldeneye runners go off the in-game time, which only measures to the second

so I assume some of the levels that have like a 50+ way tie for the Agent WR are solved but I've never seen a Goldeneye TAS.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kennel posted:

All but one Goldeneye TAS times are at least few seconds faster. Runway record is actually faster than the TAS (which is 7 years old). The TAS uses the hardest difficulty which makes the perfection even harder for the human players.

http://tasvideos.org/3011S.html
https://rankings.the-elite.net/goldeneye
Would Runway TAS end up tying humans if it was redone? Now I'm curious :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Would other levels be available to go to that you hadn't theoretically unlocked yet because the game thinks it you are flying from this level then you must have done the others?
Levels are gated by moon quantity not by plot progress (that's why world peace% exists because you skip a lot of the boss battles in any%) so no, sadly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well :rip: the Darker Side skip in Odyssey. The latest update took that out (as well as the Talkatoo Jump Rope glitch.)
They fixed Talkatoo storage?! I loved that glitch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Carbon dioxide posted:

I honestly didn't watch most of ESA Winter but I've been watching some runs this final day. Pokemon Crystal was kinda cool, but they were planning some new RNG manipulation strat where they consisently can get Entei, and when it didn't work after a couple tries they switched to another cart with a save that already had Entei in it. Weird poo poo, I've never seen that in a Marathon before.
I know runs have had backup saves prepared before at GDQs, I don't know if I've ever seen one that was actually used though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The best run of AGDQ18, Arabian Nights, needed to use one after a merchant refused to sell the runner a needed progression item.
I only watched the first half of Arabian Nights, I should go back and finish that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KennyMan666 posted:

Had to take a bit of a walk to find an actual night-open pizza place afterwards, the one right next to the hotel closed already at 21:00.
lol europe

...really though ESA was good, props to you and all involved :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish i didn't know that goose guy was some maga rear end in a top hat cuz he puts out pretty regular and good videos.
:same:

it's a real shame

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wow, sure am seeing a lot of complaints in Twitch chat about the new ToS from people with pepe emotes and names like "dadboddeplorable69" :thunk:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Renegret posted:

It's not a real roundabout run unless it includes all the cutscenes.
Let's go, Giorgio!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
is that his normal gold split noise

because if so I better follow this dude

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do people actually sub/donate to the speedgamings? You're all talking about it like a money fountain.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

abraxas posted:

They also now have "bit races" which are rando races (at least that's where I've seen it) where you pay bits to give/remove items/hearts/magic/money/arrows/bombs from the two racers. Very obviously a milking-money-out-of-viewers thing, but people are making GBS threads out bits left and right so again, :capitalism:
This actually owns and I have no problem with that blatant cash grab because it sounds like it would be funny to watch.

(I also think the SGs would get fewer subs than pie because pie is a single human being who is always on his own stream, if that makes sense?)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shoutout to peaches, who we collectively determined in his stream chat last night has the absolute worst time slot of the entire event (8:30 AM Eastern on Wednesday, and it's not even the run directly after the five-hour Skyward Sword run beforehand).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
this owns, thanks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Suspicious Dish posted:

I only accept the one true name for that trick: HOLD R LOL
HOLD R LOL and Reverse Right Side Clip are my two favorite names for any trick ever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mp5 posted:

anyone who thinks running FF10 International Penance% is a good idea
Animal Crossing 100% because it's just three days of code entry

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Doc Hawkins posted:

Every wr suspected to have been completed under the influence of weed should have an asterisk next to it.
we need to differentiate WR [weed records] from WR [world records]

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I am mad they killed Talkatoo Storage but this owns so I think ultimately I'm happy

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Golbez posted:

I'm sad those folks, or anyone else, haven't tackled another horribly long 100% run. I enjoyed the Oblivion run, checking in from time to time and watching them panic over a missing Nirnroot.
They should do Animal Crossing 100% but like, no codes, just Tom Nook scumming (*do not do this)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there a highlights video of that because it sounds terrible and hilarious.
I know they have the entire thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0YuXu2s_M

but I don't know about highlights.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

cool cool is there a 100% oblivion speedrun where they don't shout slurs at the 36 minute mark because that would be excellent
no, the only one was done by rear end in a top hat college bros

like someone asked so I will provide but I am not exactly endorsing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
choo choo, hop on board the GDQ express

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Cool Fat white racist meetup 👌
why did you feel the need to put redundant things in "cool racist meetup"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
goin for the 100% racist-describing wr

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Clitch posted:

Describing a group of shitheads 100%

That will teach me to refresh first
it's okay, there's plenty of room on the leaderboards

edit: holy poo poo PLEASE tell me about what the TOS changes have actually done that is over the line :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm 7daybanned Twitch user niggersayer58 etcetc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Studio posted:

Actually werster did drop an n bomb on agdq 2013 bonus stream.
Bring back bonus streams, but also ban werster for life. Win win.