Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Chillyrabbit posted:

Hahaha .... I can't believe they said that,

"...by helping the middle class and those working hard to join it. "

Hahaha ROFL , LMAO

Wait they're serious?

He means people waiting for their parents to die and leave them some rental properties in their will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It owns that like everytime I check the NS section of the CBC there's some Ontario yuppie couple whining about something. Half the time they're landlords or property developers or in marketing. Go home then fuckos!!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

vyelkin posted:

the problem is nothing we do right now can be an overnight fix for the fact that we spent the last 30 years not doing anything

Hard to understate how much lasting damage Chretien's budget cuts did

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The only level of government that really wants to do public housing is municipal and all our cities are broke lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A world without P3 contracts...

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I always just assumed the vote was rigged tbh. Newfoundland went bankrupt like three times over the previous five or so decades so there's no way a barely functioning post-war Britain wanted to keep dealing with them

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Speaking of private entities Tim Houston's latest method to... "solve".... the NS housing crisis is partnering with some kind of AirBNB-but-Shittier techbro service to let people rent out their spare bedrooms. Epic. A billion to twin highways, zero to build new public housing. But the Uber of Guest Rooms gets its cut. gently caress yeah

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I think I read an article about some Timmies franchisee in PEI opening up company housing for his workers that he ever so graciously charges them rent for. Might be mixing up the companies though

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh I think it was this, but apparently the tenants managed to win a case against eviction (presumably by accident)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6762139

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Isentropy posted:

is this the 103 where the crashes are TOTALLY not because of drunk driving being a thing honest

it’s wild how NS has old school NY machine politics where the condition of your roads are tied to whether you got the right party in or not

They're twinning three. That one between New Glasgow and Antigonish which is almost done iirc, one from the city to Lunenberg, and the one in Windsor which they can't start until figure out how to deal with the most vital piece of infrastructure in the entire province: an artificial lake used by a local snow resort and property developers who want to build lakeside suburbs.

Don't drive so I don't know their numbers but also I'm sure that applies to all of them lol. Of course we could just rebuild the train network to reduce the amount of drivers and lower the speed limits inst- *user was blackbagged by the NSDOT*

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Sending the air force to carpet bomb the highways would probably save even more lives in the long run. I'll get the sex perverts at National Defense on the line

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

There's no need to open new land in the greenbelt when you can just let a herd of wild bulldozers loose in the suburbs and build better stuff after they're done. Also nationalise AirBnB

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Isentropy posted:

it ruled that NS spent so much money on the original “green technology” (scrubbers, etc) for burning their D tier quality coal to prop up Cape Breton

It's cool cause now we're giving EverWind hundreds of millions in tax breaks to build mega windfarms across the province*

*that will only be used exclusively to power hydrogen refineries for export to Germany. Oh.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Excited to find out which hot new means they'll be testing for this one

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah the clinic in Charlottetown shut down, the only one left is Summerside iirc. Otherwise you gotta go to Moncton or Hali

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Status quo but all the landlords drive Teslas ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Single issue train voters very conflicted right now

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonna be very odd when all the Canadians in the i hate cars thread start campaigning for the tories

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The train thing is such an out of nowhere inclusion lol. I can only assume some Tory uppity up has family on the board of CN or something since VIA doesn't own any track iirc and can only run on CN or Canada Pacific or whoever' lines. Only way it makes sense

Coincidentally the privatised track through New Brunswick is so poorly maintained that there are sections VIA won't let trains go faster than 30km/h lol. Takes 22 hours to go Hali - Montreal, which is only like 14 by car

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Just remembered that VIA's big new rail line in the Toronto-Montreal corridor is going to be all P3 contracts lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

i never noticed the stop before winnipeg is the snake pit and there is no calgary stop so i think the map is good now

VIA doesn't stop in Calgary as is so we're already halfway to perfection

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

trains rule

Tory scum

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Isentropy posted:

the ONDP fumbling on the 1 yard line in the Wynne election is why I am probably gonna have to leave Toronto

the other provincial ones aren’t much better. the NSNDP couldn’t even do car insurance but they did find time to pay the Irvings

Lol yup Darrel Dexter hosed them up. Chender seems less awful but it's all talk and the Tories will deffo get another majority anyway so whatever

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Maritime ones too https://wayves.ca/2023-09-counter-protest

Not sure which is right for Hali fyi, the facebook says 930 at the Legislative on Hollis but the site says 9am at Grand Parade. Whatever, they're only a block or two apart so not hard to figure out

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

infernal machines posted:

there was a poster in canpol, back when the information about freeland's grandfather came out (years back), who insisted that no one in the thread would have made a different choice, and that he was coerced into owning and running the formerly jewish printing press, and naturally had to print nazi propaganda

i don't remember who it was, but it was certainly something to watch

Based on no evidence I'm going to say it was exxon and start some goon telephone to that effect

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol Rust. That decides it, SPR should be freed. Also lolling remembering the good old days of 2017 when the media was still allowed to point out Azov are Nazis without getting disappeared

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat that one guy stepped down from a useless ceremonial position. The consequences for all of our elected leaders hooting and hollering in support of Obergruppenfuhrer Slava are truly devestating

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

crepeface posted:

what's the response been from the general Canadian literati? is the d&d canpol thread furiously trying to dismiss it as Russian propaganda?

They got distracted by discussing the Nazi-Soviet alliance of the Molotov Pact

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

eXXon posted:

On the one hand, Holocaust expert says "nuance" is inappropriate (I would have liked to seen the direct quote, but I suppose the author ran out of room). On the other, guy with no ulterior motives whatsoever claims that it's literally impossible for any Ukrainian to have been a "Nazi", held antisemitic feelings, or supported the Third Reich.

Lol vyelkin or whoever called it, they're spinning the BS 80s inquiry as proof of clean records

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is the Skytrain a monorail

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Took the Skytrain, my favourite monorail, once to watch a Lions game and the Skytrain was definitely the highlight of that night

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

corgiwizard posted:

I hear those guys are awful loud…

Thwy'll be drowned out by the crowd

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

gently caress you

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Noblesse Obliged posted:

what are the actual NDP leaders stance on this?

quote:

[...]The terrorist attacks by Hamas on thousands of innocent Israeli civilians are unjustifiable. We are shocked by the brutality, missile attacks, kidnappings, and targeting of civilians including the elderly and children. These are war crimes and must be prosecuted. We call for the immediate safe return of all hostages and call on the government of Canada to do everything in its power to ensure the release of Canadians among the captives.

This morning, Israel’s ground operation into Gaza commenced. Civilians in Gaza are caught in a horrific cycle of violence; like the Israeli civilians killed over the past few days, Gazans are victims of Hamas’ brutality.[...]

https://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-statement-devastating-violence-israel-and-palestine

Lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Karach posted:

Professional Journalist Jesse Brown on Israel/Palestine: sickening that people in Canada would be calling for a free Palestine while a nonzero number of babies have been decapitated. Don't they know that a nice Israeli lady drives Gazans to the hospital sometimes? Also, check Wikipedia to validate your news sources.

https://www.canadaland.com/podcast/the-worst-week-so-far/

Lmfao podcasts ftw

Read that as Can-Cuck everytime I saw it in Starfield tbh

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Do what I'm doing and hope that our nation is baptised in purifying nuclear death sooner rather than later.

woah.... badass

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wisely: Covid is just like Israeli genocide of Palestine

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

there's no such thing as a good podcast, sorry

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pretty sure the Greens are mostly still just Liberals in Teslas OP. If you have to vote I guess you can choose one of the two (identical??) communist parties but I don't either of them run candidates in every riding. And they're probably just soc dems in rubber masks or something anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I liked that bowtie guy the New Brunswick NDP was running a few years ago. Not like his politics or anything just thought he handled a bowtie very well