Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Part of me wants to reinstall Fallout 3/NV, but the prospect of getting mods to make them enjoyable is like a Legendary Chameleon Deathclaw breathing down my neck...and I've only just left the Vault

I've enjoyed 3, NV, and 4 well enough and I've tried to get into the first two, but getting then to work and putting up with the small resolution makes it hard to enjoy them, but dang if the lore in them isn't some of the best reading material on a rainy day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Since there's an Illinois license plate on ED-E, I wonder if that means we'll see a DLC for 76 that sends you there (since it's not that far removed from Virginia) and see what the Enclave is up to in the early days of the US being a radioactive hellhole

Heck, we may even get to go to Chicago

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I remember the Skyrim Paid Mods fiasco and the hilarity that ensued for a while
I do believe there was a golden turd for $100
Or maybe it was a $10 potato

Still don't want that anywhere near Fallout or anything in general, really

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

buglord posted:

Hey so how convincing are Gen 3 Synths? It seems like they can almost perfectly match the personality of the victim they're replacing, and of course they look the same. Only way to figure out as the player is to kill them and check for a synth component right?

How feasible is it for a commonwealth doctor to do some really basic exploratory surgery on someone and tattoo them on the forehead as "NOT A SYNTH"?

Completely indistinguishable from a human

but can they breed?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fallout 3/NV look so many times better without the crappy screen tint with mods like Fellout and the like

I like having blue skies and dark nights

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like the voice aspect of it
It's the other sound effects that should be replaced

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Viva Miriya posted:

Aww man I don't wanna have to redo fallout 2 from the beginning. I reinstalled it but my saves are broke. Whatever I'll knock out 3 and then come back to it.

Do I need to mod Fallout 3 GOTY at all for quality of life or anything like that? Or can I just go straight into it?

The Unofficial Fallout 3 patch is usually a good first step which fixes a number of surface-level errors and bugs

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Viva Miriya posted:

Got that. Anything else? I don't wanna change the game too much, just fix anything that's off or make it prettier.

"Prettier" is trickier since there's plenty of mods that restore flora to the region - with mixed results (most common criticism for those kinds of mods is "why are there trees growing after a nuclear fallout resulting in a barren wasteland?")
Not my forte, so you're probably better off looking into that yourself

I keep is simple and just use Fellout to have some semblance of realism (blue skies and dark nights)
Actual iron sights for weapons instead of that half-assed zoom

Some mods will require Fallout Script Extender as well, which comes with its own separate game executable

There's also the Nexus Mod Manager which lets you better organize and update your mods (as well as switching between all the games the Nexus supports)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The reason Shaun is an old fart is because you spent a couple of decades making Settlements and making the Commonwealth prosperous again

Turns out you woke up only a few years after Shaun was actually taken

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Started Old World Blues and had thirty minutes of ham and cheese shoved into my sensory orifices before even starting the quests

God I love the voice acting in the New Vegas DLCs

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I want the ability to purchase life-size replicas of Muggy and Toaster so they can scream at me about destroying my apartment at the wee hours of the morning

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fallout 76: But All The Dialogue Inflection and Animation Is On Par With Sonic Adventure

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pity there's no "Stay silent" option and just play the game as a mute lunatic with a gun

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Trustworthy posted:

Admins please redesign the forums so this isn't too long to be a thread title TIA

Fallout: Ultimate Mom Edition - Now With More Silver Shroud Shenanigans

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Plot Twist: 3 of those are DLC-only areas

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I mean, that would certainly fit the trend of the DLCs being the best part of Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

I'm really digging the look of this new game, and all of the new monsters. What are the odds that Mothman shows up as a boss? High I hope!

I want it to be the RED DEATH of the game

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

quote:

One step above the standard edition is the Deluxe edition, also known as the Tricentennial edition. You get the base game along with a variety of in-game bonus items. That includes the following goodies:

Tricentennial Power Armor Customization for the T-51, T-45, T-60, and X-01 Power Armors
Tricentennial Weapon Customization for the 10MM Pistol, Hatchet, and Laser Rifle
Spectacularly Handsome Vault Boy Mascot Head
Patriotic Uncle Sam Outfit
Celebratory Vault Boy Saluting Emote
First-Class Tricentennial Workshop Posters
Tricentennial Commemorative Photo Frame
Hm...not as good as a wearable Power Armor Helmet, but to nobody's surprise, that's already sold out

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder if we'll get a DLC that lets you and your friends (almost spelled that as Fiends, but given the general disposition of people in Survival games, I don't think that'd have been incorrect) survive against waves of enemies, from wild animals, ghouls, to whatever fresh horrors West Virginia's cooked up

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Who plays Fallout 4 for any other reason than to go Vault-Diving in search of more crafting materials?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

VATS still exists, it's now a real-time aimbot assist
Quests are delivered via found holotapes, robots, and terminals
There is no true singleplayer; other players will be in your game, like it or not

So, yeah, that's that

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

No mods at launch, but they'll come later
Same goes for private worlds (probably to iron out the bugs features)

Sinteres posted:

He had a chance to say you can turn off pvp multiple times too and pretty clearly indicated that you can't by hedging.

Someone really needs to grab him by the shoulders and shake him, telling him-

Your Computer posted:

can video game developers stop assuming I have friends please
-that

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hm...now we need to add Fallout 4 to that, multiply that by four, and see how much of it overlaps with the Capitol Wasteland

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

BULBASAUR posted:

i wonder what kind of RNG 'fallout boxes' you can buy

You have to pay Bethbucks to open locked containers with loot in them

Congratulations, you paid $5 for pre-war money and 5 bottlecaps

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Which is weird, because whatever happened in WV it doesn't make sense that it'd be a complete ghost town.

Unless the creatures we see were the residents of the area...

Not everyone made it into the Vaults - repeated mock tests made people stop caring and when the actual time came, many didn't seek shelter

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

JFC posted:

Playing this with goons guarantees a settlement shaped like a cock.

Funnel the enemies into a chokepoint and fill them with our hot lead/laser/explosive seed

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm curious as to what lies in the original presidential bunker
That'll probably be one of the first things players make a beeline for to unearth

My money's on Enclave

Or they'll troll us by making it empty, but fill it in with DLC down the line

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

The deep quests in the mobs respawing machine.

The final boss of Fallout 76 is the guy who refills the Nuka-Cola machines across the country

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmCqB8ej8Y

Oh cool, the helmet actually lights up and have a voice-changer built-in

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can we just all admit that Fallout 76 is a Raider simulator?

Stockpile all the drugs and go on a Player-Killing spree, Wanted level be damned; make a game out of it: see how high it gets before you're brought down

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If there's a Fallout Arena, I want to be able to play as Uncle Leo and hand out clothing and water to both sides

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That awkward moment when you do Vault 87 before Tranquility Lane and now Liam Neeson is alive and well in Rivet City...

I love breaking Fallout 3

Also, does anyone really ever side with the slaves in The Pitt, or do you side with Ashur and just breeze through the rest of the DLC?
I only wish I could make Midea and Wernher get the rest of the steel ingots for me

And it's a drat shame Marie is never brought up in NV or 4 - you'd think a baby that could potentially cure radiation and disease would be something you could tell the BoS
Granted, with the direction the BoS took in 4...maybe it's for the best that the Lone Wanderer kept quiet about it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Keeshhound posted:

The baby-eating mod is canon.

And so is Mothership Zeta

After obliterating the mistake north of the Capitol Wasteland, the Lone Wanderer fled deep into the reaches of space
Hundreds of years later, they returned and were turned away by fierce sonic attacks from the Big MT, thanks to an old jukebox

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

StandardVC10 posted:

I have started to side with Ashur because Wernher makes me kill a bunch of perfectly good merchants and fill half the map with monsters when it really isn't necessary to do that.

Always get all the ingots, that map is actually the best part of the DLC.

One of my fonder moments of the DLC was after talking Wernher down, you go out and walk over a series of catwalks before reaching the roof of a building

Running along it, you get maybe 1/3rd down it and then plummet straight through it because someone forgot to put a collision mesh on it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I want to commandeer the Constitution and have an aerial dogfight against the Prydwen

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Your Computer posted:

I'm not the only one who jumped onto the ship when it started flying, right

it actually kills you when it crashes

That's the canonical end of the Sole Survivor's journey

There's no other way to go out

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

To play Fallout 3 & NV on my old laptop, I had to get mods to remove various clutter and particle effects

New laptop runs them both just fine without any of that

I also remember one mod for the Rivet City Stairwell that boosted the FPS of that area to uncanny valley levels of smoothness that jarred with the rest of the game, and I'd love if they'd been able to do that with the rest of the game

Also been watching (far too many of) Many A True Nerd's various Fallout playthroughs and enjoying all of them

And yes, OWB is every kind of good and then some, even with the dense enemy spawns (Animal Friend at least helps with the Nightstalkers, thankfully)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

player.forceav strength 50

Punch everything into the stratosphere

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Soup du Journey posted:

wait so how does this multiplayer stuff interact with VATS? or did that system go away at some point during fallouts 5-75 (sorry for asking i havent played them yet im waiting for a sale)

According to Todd:

quote:

VATS will work in real-time, it will be different but if you are not that good with shooters you can specialize your character to be good at using VATS.

So all you have to do is spec for VATS and Stealth, and become an Aimbotting Ninja Murderhobo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm finishing Rex's quest and I can't decide whether I want him to be faster or bite harder. Both options seem to make him a bit more effective, but I'm not sure which is better. Now soliciting opinions.

You don't want +10 DT on him via Lupa's brain?

Or are you not going anywhere near the Legion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Listening to people talk about construction during lunch and when they said they'd "dug into the pit" I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking if they found any Trogs down there