Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

atomicthumbs posted:

NUMTOT is proof that's false

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

learning from past mistakes is impossible

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i can't read so that's probably true

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i dicked around in Amish country for a week or so a while back and the ones I was around seemed like the original preppers. most of their rules were to distance themselves from greater society. No bikes because normal people ride bikes, so we ride scooters. Electricity is fine as long as you're off grid and not connected to any power generation controlled by not you

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i mean money makes me pretty happy, but if i struck it rich I probably wouldn't buy an expensive candy wall celebrity party house and live in it alone

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

does notch even own a helicopter? what kind of rich guy doesn't have one of those bad boys

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah i truly don't understand people who pay for separate in car navigation

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's too bad *opens map app, puts phone in cupholder*

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

qirex posted:

we are so doomed

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

this is several years old but apparently peter thiel has been diversifying his supervillain portfolio

Thiel’s Breakout Labs -- which is part of the Thiel Foundation and awards small rounds of funding for research ideas -- gave a grant of $300,000 to a Canadian inventor who’s attempting to harness human-made tornados to generate energy. The company is called AVEtec, and the technology is dubbed the Atmospheric Vortex Engine (AVE).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-6VLy_Qr2U

amazing

http://vortexengine.ca/PPP/AVE_Basic_Introduction.pdf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cis autodrag posted:

Kurt Cobain had one years ago

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

millennial is the new hipster when referring to those dang youths i hate

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Caganer posted:

i wrote "if you understand myers briggs is psudoscientific witchcraft" on my okcupid "message me if"s and got multiple people who reallly, really did not like that!

lol. i base my personality around a quiz i took online

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah the boomers really pulled one over on ol america. instead of pulling the ladder up, they're just gonna be buried with it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

actually

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im the neighborhood character

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol what a load of poo poo, work harder you fuckers. you should be working while on vacation because what's the point of living if you aren't making someone else rich

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

l m a o

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cis autodrag posted:

I basically have to fly first class to be comfortable. After my next surgery I don't even know if my rear end will physically fit into a coach seat.

there's an rear end widening surgery? fascinating

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

our hov lanes allow toll use too in some areas

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

replace all roads with cannons that shoot you around like in super Mario. highway cannons just shoot you into the sun

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

infernal machines posted:

man, every time we add road capacity it fills right up. better keep adding more road capacity! - an idiot moron who probably smells like old milk

LA.png

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i went to public school

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

once at lunch in middle school I saw a kid pick up a plastic char and hit another kit with it hard enough to knock him out cold. then he took his shirt off and ran out of the building. probably 11 years old??

if you send your kid to public school they might see cool stuff like that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol put it on her tombstone

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol if u were expecting consequences

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Facebook sucks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there are so many i3s around here that i’m convinced they’re bought as a form of conspicuous consumption

All luxury vehicles are conspicuous consumption

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lmao i love hubris

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Part of name of the year of course. She's no MIRACLE CRIMES

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

What an ugly piece of poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

meatpotato posted:

what's the original source of the "so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad" quote --was it some hackernews?

drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Work sucks, someone give me a lot of money so I can retire

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

*computer thinking harder than it ever has in its life*

not hotdog

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lacroix is good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

my favorite mustard is english mustard but i also like brown and yellow.

room for allmustards at my table. :getin:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i hope these bees pollinate the plants on my balcony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

On the other hand, the used market is incredibly high depreciation, and i'm going tomorrow to look at a 450w scooter with new batteries for $130, retails for $400ish

Hell yeah. I rode a lime one in San Diego and it was fun as hell. Tried to grab a lime electric bike here recently and it had a dead battery :(.