Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bedlamdan posted:

Also when you think about it, Paradox's purchase of White Wolf really is the epitome of Yes, but

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
D&D Post-Modern

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Tom Bombadil owns

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Plutonis posted:

Varg also set fire to a church like the raiders of Lindesfarne spent a decade inside the tough life of the Norwegian Prison system, one of the most brutal in the planet, which turned him into a hardened man, perhaps even as rugged as Ragnar Lothbrok himself. The man is a modern Viking, and Nazi or not I trust him to know Vikingness.

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ADOLF HITLER
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 72 kg
Choose one of the following moves at level 1:
- When you are killed by a time traveler, roll another character. You don't get to play as Hitler.

Your move white wolf.

ADOLF HITLER can always coup de grace ADOLF HITLER

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/depingo/status/1034125698078846976

at least she can laugh about it now? :shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

the cat's out of the bag

it isn't though? as long as you can sue the offending parties the cat instantly goes back in, and the eu data protection laws allow that

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

moths posted:

"My personal preference is objective truth" will never fail to cause this.

he's a Marauder, and all Marauders must die

join the Banishers

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
re: Warframe

we know the devs play Pathfinder, so they'll probably just solve everything with spells

Saryn is a full progression Wizard and Wukong is a Fighter

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dawgstar posted:

Time to go hard on a new edition of In Nomine, clearly.

oh HELL yes

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

clockworkjoe posted:

Patreon's CEO has responded

https://twitter.com/jackconte/status/1093223206805106688

Basically, I think Patreon will create new *optional* services for creators to generate more income. I'd love to see better merch fulfillment/POD integration. I'm sure there will be more services as well.

so Dan's assertion is valid, only that the geometric economies of scale are diminished by need for real life support

so the solution is a ton of new features, that a) don't actually use the economies of scale and b) very likely all need even more support

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I remember really liking the opening fiction from the furies pitch, and also wondering to myself how the hell you get multiple of them in the same story.

Would have made for a killer novel though, imo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GimpInBlack posted:

10 to 1 they just rip off Jumanji.

let Kieron Gillen write it and "rip off" Die!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mode 7 posted:

I wonder if this means we'll get another Netrunner relaunch.

only skinned as a cyberpunk 77 tie-in

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nystral posted:

Did FASA or any of the successor companies for ShadowRun ever address the wholesale tokenization of the shamanism as portrayed in the game? I stopped following it closely back in the 90s when I went to university.

I don't think anyone accused them of that afaik

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Gang Take Out Lord Mountbatten

in Phoenix Command :hmmyes:

Pathfinder Advanced Squad Leader-Maker

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kurieg posted:

Unknown Armies Animes

whoa

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ultiville posted:

Sure, but Twitter is a “the only winning move is not to play,” situation. If you’re getting brigaded by Nazis and don’t want to just leave the platform it might be the best option you have.

just set your account to private? you don't need to post on twitter (especially since we have this place), but it is great to read imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear/marvel-to-launch-official-marvel-multiverse-tabletop-role-playing-game-in-2022
"Marvel to Launch Official 'MARVEL MULTIVERSE' Tabletop Role-Playing Game in 2022"

I am extremely sceptical about using 616-sided dice.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Auteur theory in game design makes even less sense than it does in film.

back in the day one person actually could create levels all by themselves, Romero getting credit for that is actually ok

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yvonmukluk posted:

So GW didn't send TTS a Cease & Desist but they're pulling their content preemptively? Wouldn't they be legally in the clear until that actually comes down, since if they actually ceased when GW told them to with a C&D, then GW can't sue?

I'm a bit confused why they've apparently taken the stance 'if we ask GW if it's OK to make our parody series, they might find out about us!' stance though. I'm pretty sure they already know about you, guys! You're some of the most prominent 40k fan content!

simply by going off his words: he seems to be extremely afraid that it won't be a simple C&D, he simply can't risk even the little chance of disaster

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mllaneza posted:

That said, the Mad Max video game is worth playing. Great driving, great landscape, amazingly brutal hand to hand fights, great level design, you get a harpoon gun on your car you can hook bad guys with... So much to love in the basic gameplay cycles.

might be, but it's still too grindy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CitizenKeen posted:

Apparently Rowan, Rook, and Decard are publishing the DIE game? I missed that it was RRD. I'm delighted that RRD keeps finding success. Grant Howitt's going to end up living his personal nightmare, as an established RPG publisher who makes games with actual, mechanical weight.

do you know how hard it was to actually find this on KS?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/die-the-roleplaying-game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can't you put keyforge cards in sleeves? who cares what the back looks like if nobody can see it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm more curious which horny dipshit came up with the "twin babies murder each other in the womb and this makes the mother orgasm and also this happens with every single drow pregnancy" fluff.

computer, erase the latest entries into my memory

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I'd argue from my own experience that the many buckets weren't for expansion but for retention. At least in my location D&D had massive competition in the fantasy sector, my group never would have dropped the thousands of dollars on a D&D product if Planescape and Birthright hadn't existed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Absurd Alhazred posted:

From the Debate & Discussion TTRPG thread:

:stare:

man I hope he doesn't get too much money from the computer game, I bought that like a rube on early access

I liked the books, and it was on sale, and the coupla hours I played were very promising, but II guess you can never be sure

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Antivehicular posted:

Hashtag healing, hashtag inflictwounds, hashtag negativeenergy

lmao

also bravo Ettin

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Saxophone posted:

Genuinely odd watching the thread oscillate from ‘this is bad and will kill the hobby’ to mocking any company that, in light of this, is having a go at creating new systems to keep the hobby alive and well.

maybe im weird but I never switched away from D&D because of the system, it was always the setting

in the 90s I didn't love throwing fistfull of d6, I loved Shadowruns setting, or now d% and Eclipse Phase

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

That Old Tree posted:

Based on his follow-up tweets in that thread, I wouldn't be hopeful. "Two equal columns of stats means you can pick one out of each and boom, you've got character creation" and "we have a secret reason for six stats ssshh no spoilers" is not something that stirs confidence.

https://twitter.com/mattcolville/status/1615228568812019713?t=TdDTklFLHXGRLBF16rpgiA&s=19

Lol good to know there's some real thought going into "rename the six Abilities".

Edit:

https://twitter.com/mattcolville/status/1615523257956040704?t=BBhqcvdGF6qYjkqC7Nkb7w&s=19

Has anyone in RPGs ever thought of opposed rolls? DMs are open for feedback!

for the record: Das Schwarze Auge (Arkania or The Dark Eye) has had opposed rolls since the 90s, and my recollection from back then: combat drags out too long

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

homullus posted:

if I feed a million photographs of faces into an algorithm so that it knows what faces look like, and that algorithm goes into devices that aid in reconstructive surgery or something, no image output whatsoever, did I steal them?

in the EU? yes

in the US? no

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Deptfordx posted:

Better! They've got the exclusive licence to make E Gary Gygax's Dangerous Journey's 2!

d6 dicepools clearly means they finally made a Shadowrun 6th Ed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Comrade Koba posted:

Do we know if it's a "leak" in the way most people define it (i.e., someone receives product in advance that they're supposed to have but decides to leak details about it prior to the stated release date), or do they claim someone actually stole a box from somewhere in the supply chain and was showing it off online?

He claims he got a deal on older product and the distributor shipped him the new cards instead, and WotC treats him like he stole it. I assume there is a hard distributor date he broke that makes his story impossible for them.

I personally would not have made three videos about those cards, speculating on the price of already existing cards changing is pretty much the only sure way he could have made money and keep it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

joylessdivision posted:

I want to play this game.

for the record: you can (if you replace Hitler with Genghis Khan), it's a storyline straight from a Shadowrun adventure called Dream Chipper https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/Source:Dreamchipper

edit well you can't as written, because the Jack the Ripper fight usually is a TPK lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mors Rattus posted:

Yes, because the game doesn’t model things like repair and fuel and so on. Currently, all dedicated transports explode before the battle starts without at least one rear end in a seat inside them.

I wonder if there are Heartbreakers like for D&D but for modding WH40K into Advanced Squad Leader

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the lil devil in Sulphorous Springs is cool and my friend

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kai Tave posted:

This is where I'm going to out myself as horribly ignorant, but I have never heard of Evil Genius Games before now, and going to their site I feel like I just had a Mandela Effect moment. These guys make a Rambo RPG? A Pacific Rim RPG? The Crow? Escape From New York? Total Recall? Who the gently caress are these guys?

would be very funny if they sue for soemthing like loss of future revenue and got like 2 dollars

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have the distinct feeling a lot of people will want to play D&D Larian Edition in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/CHofferCBus/status/1734947730491932929

one lay off that caught me was Bree Heiss

you gotta have some art direction, and also I thought her work was fine?