Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
no way is it gonna be better than Ragnarok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Vertigo crossover.

How is that Death shrug not an emote on here, it's perfect.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bring back old gbs posted:

My favourite was when Stark was talking to Spiderman after meeting Strange (paraphrased):

Spiderman: What are we doing??
Iron Man: Helping a wizard protect his magic jewel

Not only that, but in fact every piece of dialogue where Tony or Peter used the word wizard

RDJ/Cumberbatch had absolutely insane chemistry and now I just want them to try doing a Sherlock Holmes movie again, keep RDJ and Jude Law, and have Cumberbatch play the Aleister Crowley stand-in you morons

Alternately, I would simply accept a Crowley biopic starring Cumberbatch, but I have a feeling Crowley would curse it from orbit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AndyElusive posted:

Rocket: Rabbit dude with a gun.

I feel like Rocket's power isn't in the gun he is wielding, but in the fact that he is completely unhinged and literally willing to die at any moment as long as he goes out like a badass. He's like a mirror version of Longshot, who never gives a gently caress for the exact opposite reason - his power, as long as it's functioning, ensures he's always okay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Young Freud posted:

It would be my hope against hope that somehow Justin Hammer and Chris McCullough got involved in the MCU just so it would be this giant magnifying reflecting mirror of Venture Bros. jokes, now being used on the own source of their inspiration.

I mean, if Taika Waititti can direct an MCU film, surely they're not too far underground.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of Bucky, the entire theater was a chorus of "who is that guy" every time he was on screen.

Nobody seemed to recognize Cap at first either. I didn't either at first and thought "Well I know that's not Hawkeye... is it??" lmao.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Two quick general MCU questions:

Were the Zerg things the same race as the Venom suit? They looked extremely similar. Is that why there's going to be a Venom movie?

Are all the MCU movies until Avengers 4 going to take place in a universe where half the people are gone?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nope, they'll be set before Avengers: Infinity War.

Oh holy poo poo, that's even more bold than this movie itself was.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ScarJo being blonde made me think "wait, are they introducing that blonde avenger woman who fought with batons" I think she was Hawkeye's sister or girlfriend?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cythereal posted:

Infinity War is what Tony's been dreading for the better part of a decade and desperately trying to prepare for.

Which is why I feel like the film needed maybe another full 30 minutes of Tony Time, some of it before/during poo poo Getting Real and some of it after.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

Even better idea: Establish West Coast Avengers, introduce Power Man and Moon Knight.

Man hell yes gimme the Moon Knight movie

Let Dwayne Johnson play him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would also accept Nicholas Cage, I don't care if he's already Ghost Rider. He can do both.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gatts posted:

Not exactly disappointed in Cap's shield since the concept seems to be attack shield. He was basically a Protoss Zealot...the Wakandans were Protoss being attacked by the Black Order Zerg.

And Bucky was that one Marine that still hasn't died yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

business hammocks posted:

When Chris Pratt says that the plan was his idea after they get the drop on Thanos, does he mean the incredibly basic and stupid idea of pulling the glove off of him?

I was working under the impression that the "Quinn did everything to further Strange's vision of the one future that doesn't suck" theory is correct, and he was trying to take credit since Mr. Dr. Strange is above such things as "taking credit"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

business hammocks posted:

You think they’ll have a flashback in the next one where there’s a montage and Strange explains every step of the plan and the reason behind it?

I think there are even odds of that happening vs him just doing whatever was necessary with his dracula medal and then not telling anyone anything.

I think it'll be played for laughs. The whole conversation will be something like Strange saying "Quinn... you just do what you do best" knowing that Quinn being a dumb broham is probably the one thing that was consistent in all 14 million realities.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They should go for an even bigger audience-shocking ending next time and have Thanos kill himself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Avengers 5 shouldn't have Thanos at all, everyone just deals with it.

Avengers 5 opens up with everyone going "Haha wow everything IS better now" and the whole universe hates the avengers for undoing it, setting up the next alien invasion

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like they will swerve us and have Tony live to finally retire from superheroing and live his life with Pepper.

Until Avengers 10 when RDJ feels like doing it again "one last time"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hey you guys. I figured out the medical term for why Bruce couldn’t turn into the Hulk.

He has Shrektile Dysfunction.

Boo. Boo.

And also, lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why wasn't Ant Man in this again?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay just making sure there wasn't some actual canon reason that I forgot in the general haze these films have become to me (but it's a very pleasant haze :420:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When do we get Alpha Flight

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pinball posted:

Still no Steve and Bucky kiss

Why do people keep bringing this up, is there any textual evidence they're not just bros?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

People on the internet are just really weird about male-male friendships

Oh I know, but I've heard it even from people who normally don't indulge in that sort of thing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really like the Banner/Thor bromance and hope they share movies more often.

And also kiss. I guess.

Mymla posted:

Is there any textual evidence they're heterosexual?

I may have had a stroke but didn't Cap flirt with Nat and Hawkeye got all catty over it and then they dropped that like a hot rock?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly, I don't think the film is actually that thoughtful an exploration of the value of life or killing. To me, the story is not so much about the specific horrific thing that Thanos wants to do. It's more an exploration of hubris. He's a man who gives up his humanity (titanity?) on the absolute presumption of being right despite the fact that if he loses it's because of his limited world view (Not understanding that Strange giving up the stone wasn't Strange giving up but setting up the only possible win condition for the Avengers).

I think what's interesting about Thanos' motivation/plan is that it's portrayed as cruel not to the half that just go poof, but to the half that are left behind, thinking that they'll thank him for giving them a raise by taking away half their loved ones

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

GotG and Ragnarok in particular "make up" for this by pushing the bright colors brighter.

I noticed this movie had less of that too, it seemed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when I rewatched Civil War the other day I realized how shamelessly they just jammed two movies together and pushed it out the door. both movies are good but it really should have been two movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Harime Nui posted:

Vision is one of the most powerful Avengers and would be a moderately useful X-Man. He's Kitty Pryde with an exo-suit and laser pistol. More useful than Claw-Man, but less than Weather Witch, Mind Witch or German Bampher.

This is why the Avengers have always been kind of a crap team, btw. With the exception of Scarlet Witch every Avenger's power is some variation on "hits things good." Shield, Hammer, Thruster-Beam, Speedfist, Punching Glove Arrow... it all comes down to "hits things good." So Vision has a moderately useful ability where he can become ghostlike and float and then suddenly weigh as much as an irridium core and hit good(!) which is why he has to go haywire/die every story arc 'cuz he's too powerful. poo poo, Wonder Man... hits things good. The one X-Man they drafted was... Beast? They never even had the shrinking characters murder people in gross ways until the Ultimate Comics. In the movies Ant-Man only ever shrinks to... hit good.

Whereas in the X-Men you have a shitload of Utility Players like Iceguy, Exploder Thief, Girl Data, Human Battery Cop, Purple Ninja, Gimmick Stealer Lass, etc. Makes for far more interesting stories.

this is why i never read Avengers when i read comic books in the 80s. they just seemed so goddamn boring.