Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

predicto posted:

Ummm... there are a lot of professors at the University of Chicago, Yale, Brown and Berkeley that would be surprised to hear you say that.

drat efb

Its also one of the more difficult archaeology programs to go into because it basically requires you to know 3 other languages besides english fluently enough to read academic papers since a lot of work is and has been done in things like French and German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Lol it's so easy, just disenfranchise and occupy 1/5 of the US economy, send in the troops, block the roads, declare martial law, and cut the power. This will definitely create an environment where you can 'rehabilitate' an area and bring them back into the fold. In no way will it crater the entire nation's economy, get millions killed, and probably trigger a full on national revolt against the government that other countries would love to get in on.

I think people like this are the same ones that a few years ago blamed almonds for the CA water shortage and insisted everything could be fixed if you'd just stop growing that hippie nut. They just grow up and get crazier.

Please tell me more about the poor almond farmers op.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

The bit where it falls apart is "German scientists inventing a bunch of war-winning superweapons" because the mythic status of German WWII wunderwaffen has been dramatically overblown by both Hollywood and the sort of person who can't resist the opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen how incredible the Tiger tank was. Wolfenstein: the New Order probably had the best take on this theme in recent memory where it turns out that all the war-winning Nazi superscience had actually been plundered wholecloth from Jewish scientists instead.

Secrect Jewish Illuminati scientists.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

More and more do those scifi books were deviant thought is punished make sense.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Hes leaving office so he can work with out restraint. Big bang boom there is your explanation.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Whoa I didnt know we were back in the 1800's.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

uh sorry that's incorrect, its about 50m tall, but the further you get from wall edge the colder it gets, down to absolute zero, so we've never been able to explore it

What if you went as far as you could go then used one of those fancy truthtelling cameras to look further?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Columbus was an idiot and a horrible human being who was saved from an ignominious death by the existence of a landmass he had no reason to believe existed.

Motherfucker literally believed the Earth was pear-shaped.

Everyone knows its egg shaped.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I never understood how these communities dont implode the second they realize that literally anyone can see what they discuss, including all their boogymen.

Like maybe you shouldnt discuss secret plans or whatever on there because then they could see it and prepare?

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 25, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Where can i get this mug.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/StormIsUponUs/status/1097252205248172033

Government weather control is good now fellas

CA is going to have a very, very bad fire season next year.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Sex Robot posted:

My house mate's 6 year old son constantly and intermittently says yeet and dabs like they're tourettes tics. It's bizarre. The internet will kill us all.

I mean that basically just sounds like a six year old.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

With these people, I'm sort of at the same point as I am with people who are molested as kids and grow up to be child molesters. I think they're victims, they probably needed a lot of help that they never got, and now they're a real danger to everyone else.

Being molested as a child or as an adult for that matter is something forced on you. These people willingly bought into the narrative.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

The getty is literally free they could just go and
Investigate good lord

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

PJ has very consistently been alarmist and somewhat frightening to read, but PJ has also very consistently been right so I'm not really sure the constant dunking is warranted

Like, shockingly enough, sometimes a mentally ill person can have insightful things to say, and I'm sort of amazed a left-leaning forum is having trouble with that idea

Thats not what this issue is (well mostly, im sure there are some people who have issue with it).

The real issue people have is that PJ has a history of essentially derailing and or hijacking threads for her ideas, which then goes on for pages as people debate it back and forth. As a result a containment thread was made so she and people who would like to discuss her ideas could have a place to do so.

Despite this she still jumps into threads and does the exact same thing. I am fairly certain that most people would have zero issue with her jumping into a thread with a short post going "Hey this topic is relevant to my thread because (insert short reason why here). If you would like to discuss this more please hop on over to my thread!"

Its not a judgment of whether or not her ideas have merit. Its a "We literally have a thread to discuss your ideas and how they relate to events, why are you still posting here at length".

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 11, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I also hate it when people hijack threads by posting things that cause debate. It's especially unconscionable when the poster I dislike won't stick to the separate but equal thread created for her and insists on interacting with others.

Yes because as we all know the debate and discussion forum is actually all one giant thread. If only there was some sort of system where certain topics of debate could be discussed in their own enviroment without people getting upset about everything blurring together and derailing. Alas, we can only dream.

Also lol at you equating people not wanting prester to derail threads with seperate but equal doctrine.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 12, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Then stop! You can make a blog or a thread about your theories then post in other threads like everyone else, instead of constantly trying to spam your blog. You literally posted that article in this exact thread before.

Why not try posting in threads without them being about your blog? Other goons have academic credentials in actual theories and they can post without every post being full of jargon. Why not do that? Then you could post everywhere and not get this sort of reaction every time you post.

The threads moved on, you should too.

vvvv you also don't have to be an rear end in a top hat about it either.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 12, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

zoux posted:

Seriously

Going to go with what you had before your edit and it might be a good idea for people to clarify what they mean by terrorist attack.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

pseudanonymous posted:

There’s a sub cult of conservatives who are hunters and stuff and are actually into conservation, so they’ll have a place to kill animals.

Yeah, they exist and they are pretty passionate about it and will often self police themselves pretty well in regards to poachers and poo poo.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The Polynesian contact theory is a legit thing, but it's pretty much at the level of "entirely plausible hypothetical for which we currently have no hard evidence." They had the capacity and a history of exploratory voyages westward whenever population pressures on whatever islands they occupied got too much, and were entirely capable of reaching the western coast of South American from Hawaii, but to date I don't know of anyone finding any solid evidence they actually did it. There's some soft cultural similarities here and there that you can see if you want to between them and some subsets of indigenous South Americans, but nothing that couldn't also just be coincidental simultaneous developments by both parties.

There's genetic evidence, that in combination with some of the other less definite things means it's almost certainly a thing that happened.

It's easter island tho, not Hawaii.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 8, 2023

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Do you have any links to genetic studies on this? Last time I went looking I couldn't find anything that wasn't either speculative or just unreliable.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2487-2

I don't agree with some of their claims, but what they present looks solid enough to me to say that there was enough intermingling for it to show up genetically. But if you are a geneticist and there is something fundamental wrong with what they did lemme know. I don't really handle the genetic side of archaeology.

Also as far as I know there hasn't been a rebuttal paper on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

It is interesting that orbital mechanics still works to predict exactly when an eclipse will happen even though the moon is not real.

I mean if the moon was fake they could just have it happen when the math says it should happen to keep up the illusion