Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Give me your tips for winning face-to-face engagements.

I started playing with a friend doing exclusively ranked matches, and together we push more than I normally do alone. I generally try to engage at medium to long ranges and catch people on the run. Now pushing more than normal, I'm losing a lot of face-to-face engagements. I've tried the maven and combat shotty, but I often get killed just in the cocking of the gun between shots. The combat SMG will fry people but it has so much kick I drat near run out of mousepad trying to combat the rise when you fire it.

How are you guys surviving close encounters?

Don't jump. Everyone is always hopping around and panic moving in close engagements. Just strafe and shoot. You'll kill them before their wild firing kills you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm kind of enjoying it. The map isn't great, but having less stuff to juggle has kind of refreshed the experience for me. I hope when we get back to the modern version of Fortnite they have slimmed it down a bit.

Honestly, Augments I can live without. Same with buying weapons or health. Not too bothered about Slap either. Definitely don't need to falcon back or any other drone.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is it just me or does the final circle ALWAYS center around a huge hill. I feel like every fight is basically whoever can get up the hill to high ground fastest

I think that's just because it's a very hill heavy map.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree with all of this

Ditto.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

big missed opportunity if there's not some kind of Dr Who tie in

There is. It's supposedly a mini-Battle Pass sometime in January.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Have Epic commented on the locker changes? I can only imagine it will change back soon seeing how strong the backlash is? What amazes me is that they thought it was a good idea to begin with.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Apple Craft posted:

I have deleted all my presets and am only using whatever random default skins get applied to me every game. I'm still on the fence about cancelling my crew sub as well.

This is a good idea. The Crew Skins were always a nice bonus, but there's basically 0 chance I'll use most of them if I have to search them out in presets etc.

If I cancel Crew today does the Battlepass stay mine?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

yes, your subscription-granted stuff sticks around (including the battlepass and vbucks), and your full month can even overlap with next month's Crew skin stuff if you subscribed at the right time

plenty of times i've subscribed for one month just to get the bp and the skin, and ended up getting the next month's skin too without subbing for a second month

Thanks, cancelled.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Unfortunately I've kind of lost interest in this game until they sort out the locker/presets. Any news on that?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Locker rarity is back, but shuffle return is still being worked on.

What about having my character, skins, emotes etc group together?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FauxLeather posted:

The ice grappler was so fun, you could just follow the railway line while crouch sliding after each grapple and go three times faster than the train.

Speaking of the the train, it's been a pretty big whiff this season right? It's tiny, there's never anything on it and it passes into the storm too quickly to be a match long POI.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I assumed it would be because fat Peter griffins body would be way outside normal hitboxes, since all Fortnite characters are approximately the same size give or take.

I feel like he's no more fat than Gruff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Any news on fixes for the locker in the leaks?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

They just over complicate the gameplay loop. I feel the same way about weapon attachments. It's just more noise.

Hoping they scrap them next season too, or OG is out and I can stick to playing that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Scuba Trooper posted:

MORE FREAKS MORE FREAKS MORE FREAKS

The last couple of Battlepass characters have been pretty dull due to their lack of freaks. The Renzo season was the last one I really liked.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

i keep forgetting to complain that they hosed up the "favorite" button. they broke so much poo poo and improved...nothing? the gently caress?
also i'm pretty sure the sorting system is broken now as well?
the bird skins are broken, at any distance over ten feet they stop animating.

also also: the jaw on the "bystes" skin is crooked permanently. AND HIS loving EYES TWITCH!! loving creepy!
only the mask on version. lol
the right hand of the "blackheart" skin is always a human hand

I don't understand what the gently caress they were thinking with the inventory screen.

It worked perfectly fine before and felt like it gave you a lot of options for how to use the things you've potentially spent money on.

Not a single thing improved with the new version. It's dogshit.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm surprised the license holders are okay with it being in Fortnite. Aang is a 12 year old and he's going to he running around with a gun!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Nash posted:

I had the same thought. Many of the characters in Avatar are minors but is Fortnite cartoony enough that it doesn’t matter?

I guess there is that Morty skin in a mech suit. How old is supposed to be?

Rick and Morty is already a gory, violent show though where Morty routinely wields guns. I think he's 14?

Avatar just seems like a bad fit for Fortnite, both because of the characters ages and also because Aang is a pacificist, so seeing him running around head shotting people with a sniper rifle will be odd.

Maybe these will be the first skins not useable in Battle Royale? Is that even possible?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

I hope next season they dont put so much stuff into the "bonus rewards" section next season, having to get to 150 to get all the original stuff is an incredible hassle, Im not used to getting more than just golden reskins past 100, but I suppose they tricked alot of folks into wanting to get the Family Guy meme skins so they'd pay for more level boosters.

Im curious if they did all the extra bonus stuff cause they knew folks would be getting EXP from all over the place this season.

I don't like when the bonus rewards has stuff which 'completes' a set that's in the regular Battlepass, like a pickaxe recolor etc.

Super No Vacancy posted:

although i dont know why i care about unlocking anything when there’s no locker shuffle

Likewise, I've cancelled Crew for this reason.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I do wish there was more of a crackdown on games being able to have their own loving currency just to hide the immense cost of a digital skin.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Epic said gently caress it and dropped season 2 keyart with the new everything lol
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1765754387559780482?t=pv9shO7ZijCeYkAGqC4dFw&s=19

Not enough freaks.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

New mythics shown. New guns shown. New pois shown!
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1765784638721552771?t=cMBDLPQHN-C8lowV3yhP2Q&s=19

Please let there be a moddable revolver

Please let them remove mods altogether.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Symbolic Butt posted:

I started playing in chapter 2 season 1 and when the season changed to C2S2 I really loved it. And it's not just Midas, almost every character from that battle pass seemed to have resonated with people.

I think it was a combination of a lot of things but I'll point out that those goofy short animated segments they made for every character helped make them a little more uh... like characters, not just skins.

I get that is a lot of effort but it's weird they never did those again. They certainly imply with the little captions and wallpapers etc that each character has a backstory but damned if there's anyway to find out in game what those are.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Macaluso posted:

They're removing rarities to cosmetics and people are VERY angry about it. People saying Fortnite is losing its identity somehow, and it's so wild how many players only care about a skin or whatever based on the completely arbitrary rarity color.

I have no problem with this change. I'd like some way to tell Battle Pass skins apart at a glance but that's just for ease of browsing the locker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

It kind of feels like something got hosed up with rocket racing monetization. Idk how we haven't seen a an actual car skin or some icon movie car.

But I've heard there might be some sort of pass coming to the mode

The Racing Pass launched last week and it's rubbish.

Supposedly the BttF time machine and the Batmobile are coming to it soon but I expect them to be priced too highly.

For me, the problem with Rocket Racing, is it just feels like a precursor to what Fortnite will eventually do and fold all of Rocket League into it, so it's underbaked as a new experience whilst also feeling I'm late to the game.