Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

So, the X-Wing dev team (2.5 people?) created brand new pilot, ship and upgrade abilities for let's say 30-50% of all currently existing cards. How did they playtest a game that basically has 5 or 6 waves worth of fresh content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Lol at the good old "x1" postfix.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Booyah- posted:

That's genius

No, that's BB-8

:smug:

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Yay, they really printed Caption Rex.

And if each conversion kit comes with one copy of Advanced Sensors that would be great!

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Secret Machine posted:

How’s the new reaper model? Is it decent quality and are the 2.0 cards properly spellchecked?

They still misspelled 'raper'

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to seeing the rules for Lando's Italic Millennium Falcon.

I heard that Caption Rex piloted it once

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to seeing the rules for Lando's Italic Millennium Falcon.

I just spotted an <italTics> tag in the info box of the Extended play format. This is really a high quality app I see

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Do the Conversion Kits not come with shield tokens? That seems like an oversight.

No, they come with the almighty proof of purchase tokens instead.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

If a TIE Defender flies over a debris cloud, does it get the stress token before it can do the evade action (which it then can't do anymore)?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

hoiyes posted:

Keep your bombs/mines, shield tokens, debris/asteroids.

And that hexagonal Director Krennic token if you have it

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Ah great. Android app update. Release notes include "added new factions", "hyperspace format". But.... none of that is in the app.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Anyone here tried Redline & Vessery? I wonder if FCS on Redline helps keeping the TL so that Vessery can use his ability at I4....

“Redline” (52)
Fire-Control System (2)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Proton Bombs (5)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (30)
Barrage Rockets (7)

Colonel Vessery (86)
Juke (5)
Total: 199

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

edit: nevermind, Rigged Cargo Chute

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Turkson posted:

I am starting to convert all my stuff to 2.0 and trying to clean out my closet. Is there any reason to hang onto any 1.0 card or cardboard piece? Like, are any of them worth it to try to sell or trade? Or should I just bag it all and throw it away?

Dont' throw away bomb tokens and the hexagonal Krennic token

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

An I6 pilot in a Y-Wing is so weird.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

But then wouldn’t I just end up replacing those minis anyway?

What did they change with 2.0 on a nuts and bolts gameplay level? Like, does the game play differently from 2.0?

- Turrets aren't full 360 anymorre. So you need to spend actions to rotate them sometimes. Like Shadowcaster in v1.0
- No more Push the Limit, but PTL-like linked actions are built into the action bar of most ships now.
- Token stacking isn't really easy anymore
- Missiles, bombs and torpedoes all use charges now so they're not just one-time use

polynominal-c fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 7, 2019

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I played two! It was one too many.

I played none. It's all fine again.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Lol, blanking out on 4 green dice.... then Heroic.... then again 4 blank dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz1G_Y_aKaA&t=4054s

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Use PoP chits as shield tokens so that your opponents see how much money you've put in a plastic spaceship game.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Hmm I'm surprised by initiative on "Fiver". Isn't the 2.0 term pilot skill?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Madurai posted:

This turns HLC into turret guns like the YT-2400 does, right?

HLC has bullseye requirement so nope, doesn't work.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

No shields and 1 AGI. Yeah. They should have called it TIE/temporary

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Why would you ever take a LAAT over an ARC-170? "Sinker" has a similar ability to the basic LAAT, is 54 points instead of the LAAT's 51, but you get a 3 die front, 2 die rear primary instead of the 2-die bowtie arc. Hit points are similar (9 vs 10), and the dial is better.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

When a Discord Missile is launched and the Buzz Droid Swarm token immediately overlaps an enemy ship, does it trigger immediately?

There is a similar ruling with Proximity Mine, but they didn't really generalize that ruling ..

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Baron Porkface posted:

What is the rules text justification for this?

From the RR:

quote:

Firing Arcs
A ship’s firing arcs include all shaded arcs on the ship’s ship token plus all <turret> arcs, if any.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

8 new posts. And I thought.... yes, NEWS!!!

But no.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

I often watch the GSP streams and I literally never see a player "run away". And if the GSP top cut isn't high level play then I don't know what is.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Vult Skerris hurts my brain.

So, basically you lose that charge token at the end of every turn.

So you spend your action to get a strain and the charge.

Then you're able to delay your action until you engage?

Sounds like passive sensors, but with downside (strain) and upside (choice of more actions)

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

TheCenturion posted:

New Interceptor pilots? I can finally go back to the real way to play X-Wing: Triple Int Aces, all hull, no shields, highway to the danger zone.

and system phase boosts and barrel rolls!

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Why do you have so many Starvipers?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

The question is: is a separate damage deck and a set of dice and plastic templates cheaper than a core set? The core set also comes with a bunch of generic upgrades...

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Crab Dad posted:

Buy the intro set then buy the scum Version upgrade and you can run the tie fighters as scum version and the X-Wing as a z95 with a little imagination until you trade them to your buddy who will want a cheap 2nd X-Wing or a pair of ties.

Except for the fact that Mining Guild TIEs are not in the conversion kit because they're a 2.0 product..

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

My impression is that the game is in a quite healthy state right now.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

And Dee Yun is actually (one of) their rules lawyer(s) now, which is a good thing.

AMG folks were learning the game some weeks ago, so I was already quite sceptical about their ability to identify and answer the kind of issues...

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Got myself the new epic squid. Very sad the tentacles don't move or bend.

They bend the same way that the Starviper wings move. Once.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Convince people that the Alpha-class Starwing's (aka gunboat)' wings can fold like the Lambda Shuttle's and you found a way to make our economy collapse

Edit: US$ 100 on Ebay. Holy poo poo.

polynominal-c fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 28, 2021

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

I've got 4 TIE Aggressors and 3 gunboats... should I sell?!? Is this the new bitcoin?!?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

So, what did we learn.

If we get more pictures of wire-frame models on some weird Hong-Kong based Asmodee site, with retail price of $0.13.... then it's real :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

You probably have to equip the missing lines as a modification upgrade first.