Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

TLJ wasn't as bad upon second viewing but the people who defend it this way are just doing the old Brittany Spears is a great musician because look at how many records she sold routine

toxic slaps how dare u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
wack

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Aka NEW MERCH!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i still never understood the first order or how they became a force of power or anything. This series stinks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

You guys understand this is a teaser, ya?

Stuff not being shown in it, doesn't mean that stuff won't be in the movie. Also, because it's TYOOL 2019 stuff you see in the trailer may not even make it in.

Better down vote it to make sure they never make another War in the Stars though. Make sure this is the last time they ever think of making a movie about laser swords again because no one actually likes it.

that would rule actually

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These profiles and the cast / crew making GBS threads on the last movie rules so much. It just literally shows you that these people in charge had no idea what the gently caress they were doing from the get go. Like of course JJ Abrams didn’t plan out the rest of the trilogy. It shows lol. Goddamn it’s like I can’t wait to watch this poo poo show movie now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

It’s actually loving hilarious that JJ didn’t stick the landing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

romanowski posted:

make david lynch do a star war

No!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can you imagine going to see this movie without reading the spoilers lol. I would probably be very upset. Now I just get to laugh while watching the worst Star Wars lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Wired: Del Toro and Winding Refn co-direct a trilogy written by Kojima

gently caress yeah

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It owns that they did reshoots for this movie like last month

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Barudak posted:

There is no way they keep those other Star Wars films on the schedule

I thought they already shelved all of them ?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

riseofmydick posted:

Can someone please explain to me how the gently caress Palpatine makes any sense in light of the concept that Battlefront 2 pushes and seems to be proper cannon. That he had a bunch of clones ready as a deadman's switch to launch a broadcast, Operation: Cinder which was:

"a plan devised by Emperor Palpatine to ensure that the Empire and its enemies did not outlive him should he ever perish."

Dude wanted to destroy all these planets and the empire and rebellion if he were to die.

This makes no sense with him coming back at all.

Lol what the gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Amethyst posted:

No you delusional weirdos are still bottom of the pile. Sorry.

Wrong

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Amethyst posted:

This poster is a huge fan of Artifact: The DOTA Trading Card Game.

Played it for 60 hours :)

General Dog posted:

Just lol if you’re looking to have fun watching Star Wars

For real lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I'll watch any of the prequels over TFA.

Rewatching the phantom menace recently made me realize I like this movie more than the sequel trilogy plus spin offs lol. Wild. Some annoying parts but drat at least it went somewhere. The sequel trilogy I still have no idea who or why the first order is a thing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Interesting. Your brain doesn't work right. Whenever a thought forms in that rats nest it loses it's way, before spilling out of your gaping mouth twisted and deformed, embarrassing everyone in the vicinity on your behalf.

Ok weirdo!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

the worst prequel is better than all the sequels combined

Let’s form an alliance

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sorry amethyst looks you’re wrong. I’m sorry.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow who would have thought that the sequel likers are toxic. Maybe you should chill out.

E: I’m stoked to get hella blazed before watching the new Star Wars, these spoilers are just way too funny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Amethyst posted:

I know you think acting like a chill guy who just happens to like incredibly bad things that everyone rightly hates makes you like you're owning and winning but you're actually just a poo poo head.

They’re just movies dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Stop quoting me if you're just going to act as if knowing this makes you special.

Yes they're just movies. I still think you're really stupid for liking them.

Ok! I’m just worried about you man.

Let’s all enjoy this poo poo show together :)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

i have never said anything sarcastic in my life, its part of why i like the prequels, theyre not afraid to be sincere

This is something that took me a long time to appreciate. Say what you will about them, and they sure are messy movies, but at least this was all George’s vision and he wasn’t afraid to swing for the fences. The new movies feel way more focus tested

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anakin hates sand and honestly.....same

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Episode 1 gave us the n64 pod racing game which was cool and good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gonz posted:

Speed Racer introduced me to colors and shapes I didn’t know even previously existed. It’s a masterpiece.

:hai: that movie owned

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Anyone else remember a couple of weeks ago when JJ kept hyping up the idea that he was totally going to do something with the Knights of Ren in this movie, and from what I understand they just fight Kylo and all die? Good times.

Remember when they were supposed to be a thing at all that kept getting hyped up for the first movie lol. gently caress that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mulva posted:

I like how the Mandalorian does more to present the post-Empire Imperial position, and because it's delivered by Werner loving Herzog it's better acted than anything in the movies too.

Madness.

If it wasn’t for Werner then baby yoda would’ve been CGI. Literally everyone at Disney and the people running this poo poo including the directors and show runners have no idea what the gently caress they’re doing lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Boyega please abandon Star Wars and make attack the block 2...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just watched Phantom Menace again for the first time in a long time, and it was actually good. Like the senate and politics stuff is way better for me now that I’m older than when I was a literal child. I remember enjoying it as a kid too and I think George knew he wanted kids to be into it.

The stuff with palpatine in this one is actually really well done and I was shocked at like how good the pacing was.

Anyway it was good folks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Jesus posted:

What seems to be the most telling thing about TROS is that there is apparently nothing worth discussing. It is similar to TFA in this regard. The most interesting things about TFA are those that aren't in the movie, like Finn's stormtrooper past actually mattering. As much as I dislike TLJ for all kinds of reasons, it's at least interesting.

Wow this actually describes my feelings towards TFA. The stuff there is in the movie is just boring and the stuff that was obviously cut is way more interesting. I remember watching it and thinking why even have Poe in this movie when he doesn’t do much, and I found out it was a reshoot and he was supposed to die.

Why the gently caress is Phasma a character at all in any of these movies? Who and what are the first order?! I don’t want to read a book, comic book, play a game or watch a cartoon to figure this out.

And then it’s just a retread of a New Hope. It’s pretty lazy and they don’t really show anything new? Why does moz or whatever have Luke’s light saber. Why can’t they just tell you these things?! I feel like JJ Abrams is great at directing action and frenetic scenes from time to time but character moments he’s pretty weak on. The Finn stuff that was cut is a huge shame as he was the most interesting character by far. Frustrating movie!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think solo was worse than the last Jedi

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Ummm, have you just discovered the internet?

Endgame was considered a life changing event to a lot of people. And stories of people in tears over Spidey's death or Tony's. How it was the most important movie in such a long time and more general over fawning. People worship the MCU as the greatest thing ever.

Dude people in my theater were sobbing and poo poo and I couldn’t help little out a lil laugh. It was just way too funny watching everyone be silent and then grown adults just cry for this movie.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Imagine if they were hip and with it, like goons.

It’s a burden we must all carry

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

"HAHAHAH, NEEERDS!!!" I scream at them while hiding the fact that I was wiping the tears from my eyes when I thought Batman died in The Dark Knight Rises.

Real men only cry for actual films.

Like parasite or the Irishman

Thank you

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This movie was such a piece of poo poo even when you know the spoilers. Wow it’s like bad as a film. The pacing is like what the gently caress. They wrote themselves into a corner with this movie.

It’s a new low

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I honestly don’t even know how to describe what I just watched Jesus Christ lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lando wanted to gently caress that girl at the end

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My theater was completely silent as well. Not good folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Carrie Fisher should’ve never been in any of these Disney sequels imo.

Also I don’t know what Daisy Ridley does after this. I hope Boyega finds work