Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Shampy posted:

Literally the best EU book.

High praise indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I have a bad feeling about this.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

well why not posted:

[Me, seeing a Christian] oh gently caress it’s the pope

Is this in reference to something?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

Torpedoes made sense, whereas I had no loving clue what happened to the New Republic after Starkiller Base blew up 6 or so random planets.

It's just the Empire and the Rebels again.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Is the acting that bad in the actual episode?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
And the sound helps a lot too like remember how Sebulba's car was all wututututu

That was sick.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yoda and Yaddle hosed.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
What was the super important thing that Finn wanted to tell Rey?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The guy who fixed Kylo Ren's helmet straight up was just a chimp. What up with that?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

They should have replaced it with a shot of someone chewing gum

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

piL posted:

It's a laser sword that can cut through anything except other laser swords. The amount of slashing is actually quite absurd because it's much easier to deflect a slash than a thrust--this is why stage fighting has so many slashes.

Guess what, it is stage fighting!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I liked Babu Frik.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the dead gently caress!

It was a graveyard gently caress.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I just rewatched the scene from TLJ where Leia "flies" and I'm a bit confused. Why is her ship standing completely still? Weren't they running away from the First Order before?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Leia would be moving along with it at the same speed, you don't instantly 'stop' when you leave a moving vehicle.

When you step out of a moving car you don't keep floating forward next to it at the same speed either. Sure, you don't stop. Byt you definitely get left behind.

Leia is floating "above" the ship with a bunch of debris when she wakes up and does her Force thing. So I guess the ship wasn't moving? Weird.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

I remember reading a Kevin J Anderson book in the 90s that totally agrees with you. The Courtship of Princess Leia, I think. So that's the calibur of idea we're talking about, here.

That book was written by Dave Wolverton, you dumb gently caress!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

teagone posted:

I spent my Friday night photoshopping what "Punished Solo" might look like because I'm a turbonerd. That "wandering ronin" type a goon mentioned influenced the concept.

It's a bit much. Maybe lose the hoodie, the fingerless gloves, a couple of the belts and definitely the man bun.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Blood Boils posted:

Boba is a terrible shot and hand to hand fighter

Eh, we only see him fight the main characters. Of course he isn't going to have much of a body count.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mooey Cow posted:

This is because a blaster bolt reflects off of Anakin's fighter that one time in TPM isn't it? Except they're idiots and failed to notice that was because he got the shields back up (there is a blur around the ship showing this after he says the shields are up).

Calm down. No.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Ingmar terdman posted:

Salacious b crumb loved to laugh, got electricity shot into his face, and was last seen aboard a large vehicle as it exploded. I can only conclude he's going to be the villain of episode x

It'll be his clone: Salaciouus B. Cruumb.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Maybe the name Skywalker has some significance to Darth Vader?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Red Rox posted:

Just showed Empire to my son for the first time. He really liked it, especially the ongoing bit where Vader killed his Admirals one by one when they let him down.

Something that struck me this time - what exactly went on during the brunch Vader hosted for Han and Leia? So awkward.

They probably had mimosas. I don't think anyone was planning on driving afterwards.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
To differentiate it from the other ship.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

euphronius posted:

Those aren’t Hans clothes those are the pilots clothes

What pilot?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
He should have called her a homeless bum.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That's not episode 4.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

I got my 4.5 year old to watch a new hopes beginning and end (hoth and endor proved to be too scary)

What the gently caress?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I think some of the Ewoks also speak a real language.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Weren't Khyber crystals called "Kaiburr crystals" back in the day? When did the spelling change?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Neo Rasa posted:

Should have gotten Wayne Pygram back with de-aging CG and a hair-piece instead or something.

Tarkin only works in RotS because they shot him from a distance. If they'd gone any tighter it would have looked like utter poo poo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

I wouldn't mind Maz as much if only her eyes didn't look so gross

Lol Maz Kanata has brown eyes

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Snoke is a far worse name than Sleazebaggano because characters actually say it out loud and he's also supposed to be intimidating or something.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Bent schwartz

Didn't he voice BB-8?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Alchenar posted:

'Bullet time' is The Matrix.

e: or at least, that's the film that everyone started copying it from. I don't know if technically they were the first but my understanding is that a lot of those shots were pioneering cinematography. Not merely slow motion but panning the camera around a scene while in slow motion.

Grrr it's a pet peeve of mine when people call all camera moves pans.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

Wonder what would happen if you used younger Han and Lando to go through some of Star Wars's goofier aspects

Like giant space otters, or Waru

You'd probably get some fun, weird stories. I'm not sure what else could possibly happen. Like, rioting in the streets? Unlikely.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

pospysyl posted:

What kind of projects does he want to do, though? Inside Llewyn Davis was made in 2013 and since then he's been in like half a dozen dumb action movies.

He's done all kinds of poo poo since Inside Llewyn Davis. Check his IMDB if that's not too much of an effort.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Blood Boils posted:

gently caress outta here any y'all thinking Ross is worse than Jurassic World

At least skywalker is funny in it's badness! JW is just wretchedly awful

Who the gently caress is Ross and which Star War was he in?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Taika Waititi will be fired halfway through filming when Disney execs discover that the scenes he has shot are funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Ingmar terdman posted:

Tony daniels paid his dues (and jealously guarded) doing threepio in every single star wars product for almost half a century

Letting him play the titular role in ROS was a sort of lucasfilm lifetime achievement award

C-3PO is the Skywalker that rises? C-3PO Skywalker?? :aaaaa: