Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One Nation refuses to rubberstamp LNP policy and the party instantly starts collapsing, what a shocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce boasted of lobbying the Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to support his friend Gina Rinehart's National Agriculture Day months before he received a $40,000 personal cheque from the mining billionaire.

Documents obtained by Fairfax Media under Freedom of Information laws show Mr Joyce wrote a personal letter to Mrs Rinehart in April 2017 in which he said he "had made a direct representation to the Prime Minister expressing my strong support for this [National Agricultural and Related Industries Day] proposal."

Two months later in June 2017, Mr Joyce's own department donated $60,000 to the event on behalf of the Australian government. It was staged in November that year.

An audience at the event's gala dinner was shocked when Mr Joyce accepted the "champion of farming" cheque from Mrs Rinehart. He said he was "humbled" and was going to use it fix up his farm, but later returned the cheque following a public backlash.

So he gave her $60,000 in goverment money and she gave him a personal $40,000 award :thunk:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagine where we would have been right now without the NBN, lucky Turnbull was around to save it!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

meteor9 posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1003838031059550210

Taskforce loving Integrity, ah haha ha. Can confirm they've sent out scary mails to everyone in these suburbs:

(Man i am glad looking for info on how to do simple things on this website is such a crapshoot, hopefully this embeds)

edit: (Oh okay sure, it works just not in the preview, why the gently caress would that ever work)

It's fun to recieve mail with a big AFP logo on it and won't stress innocent people out at all I'm sure.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe if the the banks pay their upcoming fines we can afford to give them their tax cut.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Someone should dig up some dirt on Fifield and get him fired cause I'm sick of his smug fucken face.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like manly things for real men like milk, video games and disposable plastic bags.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They might as well throw wind turbines in there too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The first half is worse.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully people feel stonger about protecting the ABC than they did the NBN.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Okay then, I hope voters love the ABC more than they hate refugees.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Oh good it's turned into a trainwreck already.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Malcolm Turnbull’s Coalition has many challenges but none of them is shooting itself in the foot with remarkable talent and monotony. And in order to maintain its toe-bleeding KPIs, the Turnbull government dispatched as its representative to Q&A, the Liberal senator from Western Australia, Linda Reynolds.

Reynolds was keen to emphasise that the government may well do the very thing almost nobody in Australia wants it to do, notwithstanding the enthusiasm of younger members of the Liberal Party federal council at its weekend conference.

Jones had offered Reynolds what amounted to a free kick on the fraught political debate of the moment.

"Is it a valid debate to privatise the ABC?"

Smart answer: Perish the thought!

But Reynolds, eyeing her own goal and blitzing it, replied: "It's a valid question and I think it's a good thing for all of us to debate where our taxpayer money goes."

And this:

Jones: "Are you saying it's legitimate debate within the government, whether or not the ABC should be privatised?"

Reynolds: "Absolutely."

It was at this point the viewer imagined Bill Shorten falling to his knees in gratitude, even as his own poll ratings suggest the government would best just shut up and let Shorten trip over on his fruitless search for charisma.

It was funny that she apparently thought limiting it to "just" a debate would make the party look reasonable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Another Telstra outage, thank god for privatisation.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

muel posted:

I don't actually watch Channel 7 news, but i'm subjected to a lot of their preview headlines when watching The Chase.

"Children left in tears as refugee protestors storm state parliament" - close up of white Australian kid's tears.

Nevermind the tears of actual refugeee children who have parents locked up in off-shore prisons.

oh, and everybody is described as a thug, union thugs, gutless thugs, thugs thugs thugs.

Channel 7 Nightly Thug News.

Channel 7 is straight a propaganda channel. I wonder what kind of sweet deal Murdoch cut them for his junk when he didn't get channel 10.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool to see the jobs and growth government presiding over yet another set of massive layoffs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Primary schools across Australia have begun sending letters about the video game Fortnite to parents, warning of its “negative effects” on students.

Several schools in New South Wales and Victoria have issued newsletters about the popular multiplayer game, which is played by an estimated 40 million people worldwide.

Sydney’s Bondi Beach public school told parents there had been “a noticeable change in some behaviours in the classroom and in the playground, that are directly linked to Fortnite”.

lol they can go back to playing Grand Theft Auto Online I guess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The only good cop is... an indigenous cop?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is that a joke or can you really trick a senator into a vote and then say no backsies?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The high income tax cut (flat tax?) didn't pass so it probably won't mean much other than making the Greens look like idiots.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Before Times posted:

I mean the only reason Hinch ever ran for parliament was so he could read out the names of pedophiles under parliamentary privilege (note this is bad primarily because it can make their victims or families easier to identify, which for privacy reasons you don't want to happen).

Didn't he sleep with an underage girl too?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm not bothered by red meat being a potential carcinogen, what worries me is the supermarkets putting shitloads of sugar into sausages and other meat blends.

The last thing anyone in this country needs is more carbohydrates. Especially, hidden ones.

Don't they already shove sugar in everything they can?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imagine being an LNP stooge complaining about Shorten resorting to personal attacks with a straight face.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mattjpwns posted:

spuds are gonna spud

Flag in twitter handle 👌

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How long does it take to build a coal plant and who pays the upfront costs?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

this broken hill posted:

meanwhile the old white guy who murdered his wife, his daughter and her four autistic children was a great man, a really top bloke, he just had a bit of a rough trot is all

Yeah, that was an interesting Media Watch segment.

Why is there a pattern of family killers being top blokes I wonder?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gently caress gambling and double gently caress unregulated gambling.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

Family court. Where he will complain about not seeing his children that he’s a terrible father to before verbally abusing every woman in the room and then going to a UPF rally.

Is he allowed to cross-examine her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

conduct “opposition research” on a leftwing student

That is super hosed up.