Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy birthday, superior birthday havers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GUI posted:

Diggin how the Megaman X collection is being cut up into two separate products. Capcom :allears:

the images on the switch eshop look like there's a weird smoothing filter on the 2d games, is that an actual thing? it looks gross

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I initially wrote a lot of text here but it just resulted in me having to explain more and more about the situation at hand so I'm just going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

If you are friends (not best friends but more definitely more than acquaintances) with someone who was most definitely in something that can be described as an unhealthy relationship, is it okay to want to talk to them about that, or do you feel it is better to let them be because while you know it is unhealthy, you don't really have any business poking around in their relationship?

Additionally, if you don't think it's right to poke around and tell her your thoughts, does it suddenly become fine to tell her your thoughts if she accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship first?

that's a really tricky situation because of how easy it is for your friend to start getting real defensive and see you as the bad guy if you express doubts about the relationship they still have faith in. like ultimately they have to come to that realization themself, no matter how terrible it is from the outside

however if someone accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship, turning around and accusing them of the same thing is almost certainly a one-way ticket to bad times and hurt feelings

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

Why are there so many people with samus avatars all of a sudden?

sgdq chat thread was a good time and I'm sad i missed it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

one of my friends told me Kojima has a wife and kid and i just can't believe it, he presents himself online as like the ultimate bachelor who just spends all his time watching movies

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

hi everyone,. kirby loving rules

it's true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

You people must not have office jobs because Funko Pop figures line every cubicle, desk, and shelf. They're bumper stickers for the office: tell everyone in the workplace you like a thing they may or may not have heard of with this valueless tchotchke.

e: They are at least less offensive than bumper stickers. I would rather pass a million dead eyed dolls than another "abortion is murder" or a quote from historic racists.

my gf draws extremely cute doodles on sticky notes and leaves them at my desk whenever she's there

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
glasses are insanely attractive, in this bespectacled goon's opinion

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

She says frames are a no-go because she hates how she looks in any and all frames, that they are not an option because she says they make her look schlubby and ugly and she hates them.

there are all sorts of crazy subtle way that a good pair of glasses can complement a face and finding a pair that looks smart and powerful and much cheaper than Lasik

like, it's cool that there's no interest for two years but that's still an unnecessary debt that you'll be paying off for at least two years and like other people said, that's a long time to not have access to some credit if you do have an emergency

don't let the capitalists win

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

See that was my initial plan, but I feel like an rear end when I tell her that she might be better off waiting a few months for us to actually have that money to spend rather than spending on a credit car now and paying it back later. I hope she comes around to it but I still can't help but feel like a jackass since it is her money and the credit card has her name and the other cosigner's name on it, and I'm not involved in the credit card in anyway and she is an adult so ultimately the decision is her's to make. I just don't think it's the right decision and I'm hoping that she'll be able to see why I think she'd be better off waiting.

if you're planning on using your disability money to pay for it then no you're not an rear end at all

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also don't be afraid to ask clerks for recommendations on what would suit her face, or if any tweaks can be made to frames y'all like if you find anything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

Manageable debt is a good thing. It's how you build credit.

This has been my life lessons. Tune in next week to discover which bricks you should punch to earn gold coins (the yellow ones).

this sounds like an old people scam, like insurance

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
a $4000 debt is not "treating yourself" :/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

an arby’s plant.... folks i’m talking about rafflesia

also this is a really good post

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hopper posted:

Especially if the doctor offers you a credit card.

What is that anyway, that should be absolutely illegal.
The person directly profiting from you going into debt approves your credit? Holy poo poo that is genius levels of asking for scummy offers.

yeah, i wasn't sure if i was reading that correctly but if the process of getting approval for the credit card had anything to do with the lasik office itself, that's a huge red flag and there's no way that making those payments is going to work the way y'all want them to in 2018's US

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I stopped trying to play competitive games when I realized I was the weak link.

splatoon is a really good cure for this imo because SAME but i also never play ranked so idk

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/credit-card/single/id/carecredit-card

I went and found it, that's the credit card they offered her.

those reviews are pretty yikes :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exdeath would disagree

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Caidin posted:

I adore Vanillaware games and wish they'd all come out for the switch, Dragons Crown had a ps4 release a while back I keep meaning to pick up. Was that game well received? The only thing I really remember people saying about back when it was coming out was complaints about the T&A levels.

Dragon's Crown is my favorite vanillaware game to play but it doesn't have a plot and there isn't as much of a world as Odin Sphere or Muramasa

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I don't think I ever watched a Bond movie. Nothing against them, just never did it. Thought of watching the Craig movies more than once but just kinda forgot about it.

they're toxic, congratulatory machismo in movie form, and only the most recent ones have (poorly) attempted to address that

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I'd buy her a beer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Skypie posted:

I was having a dream where I decided to call out of work and use a personal day.

Then my "hey dumbass you're gonna be late" alarm went off. :smith:

i requested today off because tomorrow's my birthday 8)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Skypie posted:

I couldn't have taken today off even if I wanted. Two guys are already on vacation this week so I've been staying 2 hours late every day

that's bullshit!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

People keep saying that dude's response was perfectly fine and respectful (which I'm not arguing it wasn't) and she reacted way too aggressively to it. But the thing is I'm sure she's had dudes come into her mentions all the time and try to have some kind of "discourse" with her and that poo poo can probably get really irritating after a while and she probably just finally blew up about it.

yeah, i can't imagine this scenario happening to a man because a man wouldn't have had to endure years of having their literal job mansplained to them that leads up to that kind of frustration

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought myself a PS4 and Bloodborne and Nier Automata so now i have *checks watch* six days to beat them before Octopath comes out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
now I'm playing Mario Party 2, sorry ps4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I still can't believe they got rid of the costumes after Mario Party 2.

They should've kept them, dagnabbit.

Pirate and Cowboy outfits were good.

i forgot about Toad's costumes and I'm now extremely interested in trying to figure out how to extract his models and make some gifs. his wizard and pirate boat costumes are incredible

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yiga hideout is just an exercise in throwing bananas and climbing. I'm awful at stealth games and both times I've played it took like ten minutes tops

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i didn't really believe it but the ps4 storefront really is as bad as people say

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

Hey, remember Darksiders 3?

Anyone?

Well, it's coming out November 27.

mistakenly, wishfully read this as darkstalkers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please don't stalk strangers online

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please don't stalk strangers offline, either

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please don't stalk anyone you know, while you're at it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Nah dude I'm with you. My favorites from Symphonia are the Noble outfits and I was always mad that you can only get like four of them.

only giving you half the noble and swimsuit costumes sucks but then i remembered i hate half the cast anyway and then it was fine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

So basically it's totally cool and hilarious for a man to poo poo all over his employers customers, but when I woman shows even a little bit of frustration on her personal Twitter account, that is justified grounds to harass and fire her from her job.

that is 100% accurate, welcome to the bad future

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just saw this at work

there's no escape

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

In any job you would be fired if you were rude to your clients.

that's not true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you think being mean on twitter is a good reason to lose your job then you suck

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

It's strange to me that people really enjoy lording power over others and treating them like garbage.

there is no power when you're a retail employee, only temporary moments of catharsis

when an rear end in a top hat asks to see the manager, saying you are the manager is one of those moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

I actually meant the reverse. Customers being complete jerks to retail workers for no reason than having oblique power over them.

oh no i definitely interpreted that incorrectly, I'm sorry!

• Locked thread