Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

a new study bible! posted:

Entrepreneur isn't a bad word!

You got the entre... Who doesn't love an entree? It's the reason why you go to the restaurant. Nobody goes out for the appetizer.

Then you got the pre... Pre is good. Pre means before. Before now is always better than now. Now things stink! But before? The world held so much promise.

Finally, you got the newer! Everyone likes new stuff!

I've been watching a ton of american dad and this sounds just like stan it's eerie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

other people posted:

astronaut icecream :colbert:

I'll never not laugh at the venture bros running away and saying they were grabbing the astronaut ice cream

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

GotLag posted:

Have you ever had your blood lead level tested?

How much would that cost anyway and what are the tests called because I used to live in really crappy places and I have to worry if my lead poisoning will beat out my mesothelioma

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Americans love big government, but only if it's not democratically elected.

drat, hate to give it to Jerry but when he's right he's right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

indigi posted:

even if karma is real it works on the scale of rebirths, he wouldn’t receive any punishment in this life for all the negative karma he’s building up

There will be no rebirths eventually so why bother to change

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ekuNNN posted:

The song for all these piece of poo poo billionaires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2dHEB7L-o

P sick if you're into this type of music imo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Did you post this in another thread recently?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

*bonk*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

oh so it's like Nightcrawler but for the gig economy.

Watching nightcrawler and thinking my god this man is a hero

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

The first real job I had was at a snack bar with a soda fountain and I vividly remember my boss losing his poo poo because I threw out a few cups that got stepped on and had dirty shoe prints on them. He said cups cost them 10 cents each and looked at me like some teenager was going to sweat 40 cents in cups? The smallest size was sold to customers for $5, equal to a full hour's pay for me at the time.

Boss in this instance being owner or general manager? rear end managers generally dgaf but I've been wrong before

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hate these pieces of poo poo so much

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/brian_goldstone/status/1424816785216376836?s=19

Reading this at 9am has made me go full Maoist for the day

remember at the start of the pandemic when people said "the american people won't take this laying down!"

Wonder where they are now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

Taskmaster to pyramid worker: "If you have time to lean, you have time to push stones up the ramp"

Literally that episode of futurama where they go to ancient egypt planet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well I'm glad we got that all cleared up.

Anyway, I call it crapitalism

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Leaving the cartridge to melt on the dashboard of your minivan is worse than the library burning

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

skooma512 posted:

Release some bedbugs on the way out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why would anyone cancel a gym membership the bathroom scene is fantastic

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Paladinus posted:

Typing it out as 'Mambo №5' saves you whole three characters. It's not a small thing.

Lou Bega chose those three characters very deliberately and you're lucky I don't report you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've never met anyone, sucker or not, who actually enjoyed their job

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Anyone else brain kinda skip a beat on the cbd dog water

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Skeleton King posted:

So 2 per delivery is their base amount, and 7 is their " the loving roads are under water" amount? Jesus loving christ that's vile. Serfdom never died, just changed its name and added extra steps.

I guarantee the majority of people see that 2 or 7 or whatever to be sufficient payment to the drivers and withhold tip

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

skooma512 posted:

lol former troop got mad at me for suggesting 2 trillion in Afghanistan was a bad idea because he benefited from the GI bill or something. He said he grew up without running water and made something of himself unlike me.

Yeah dude you grew up without running water, probably still don't have it whereever that was, and now you're mad at me because I talked poo poo about the war :dumb:

(meant to post in the Afghanistan thread but what the hey, it's fits here too)

What did he make himself into

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

skooma512 posted:

"Retired at 38". Delving didn't seem possible since we were in disagreement, to put it mildly.

Also bragged about all of our tax money he got so lol.

If he married into it are you capable of doing the chigurh gas station speech from memory

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bag em and tag em posted:

Lmao the first thing they did was establish regulations against microwaves and pets.

Ships, a thing famously historically absent of animals

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If you're explaining, you're losing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol yeah if you think the powerful didn't hop all aboard the apocalypse express when they figured out just what climate change entailed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Saving it for bonuses is a chump move, our CEO does this every quarter to extend the pay freeze that been going on since before my company was acquired. It's apparently been in place for like three or four years, but it's always phrased as "just for this coming quarter" to keep the rubes placated before immediately bragging about how the company has never been more successful and therefore we're expanding the C-suite with a new hire.

Suite gig, if you can get it.

petit choux posted:

In 2001 I worked for a company that decided it was going public and had gotten a well-known accounting firm, Coopers & Lybrand, to valuate our company for the IPO. We all were going to get some shares instead of our usual Christmas cash bonus. LOL Suffice it to say we didn't see either that year.

You don't understand. The country had just ENDURED a TRAGEDY. People weren't buying like they used to

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

Haha "I gave him the wrong finger!"

I don't remember this line from the movie. Is it when he's flipping off the rednecks?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

500 good dogs posted:

"and a restaurant in Kabul called Mcdonald’s"

huh, never heard of it

It's kinda like a krusty burger

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

happyhippy posted:

I'm still with a corp that still does this, just waiting until they end up with gift cards or a pizza party friday.
Years ago our christmas bonus would be upto half a month wage, which all of us loving loved.
Then they changed it to split it up in two, you get it every 6 months. This slowly was reduced.
Then they made it more 'performance linked', so nowadays you need to do 130% of normal work to earn a day or two wage bonus which it is now.
And this is a corp that gets records profits every year.
And not one of us gives a poo poo trying to get this, and they wonder why we aren't working as best we can.

Cousin eddy did nothing wrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

I think "Fix my AC!" is my favorite. Doing the thing which will prevent the property you own from becoming a mold-infested worthless nightmare is such an unfair burden.

It's my property I can do with it what I want! is exceedingly common belief

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...what didn't make sense about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

19 o'clock posted:

For real I'm getting pretty jaded these days. A majority of my friends see being landlords as the ultimate career goal and/or AirBnB'ing their homes to keep up with expenses.

It doesn't feel very sustainable in the long-term.

anyone who was counting on millenials saving the day is stupid as poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah they will straight up hire private investigators to spy on you 24/7 to get evidence that you're not really disabled or whatever. And evidence of "faking it" can be stuff like "went outside and looked happy"

Trying to convince the jury that that was just the painkillers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone on here said I think that Business and econ schools were the right's way of lashing back at what they perceived as left-dominated academia but I've got no clue if they were just joking with me or not

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Abongination posted:

Drug testing is a big money maker with a lot of investment from those that dictate that people need to be tested.

cf Florida and Rick scott I believe

e: oh nvm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

So I kinda keep an eye on AI killing machines because they scare me. And this company makes a few that are currently being used to kill people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bj8kZ8_Ne4

So I was wondering when we'll see these types of machines deployed in the US. I figured they'll probably start out non-lethal, and then expand from there as it becomes more normalized.

Welp.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/8/26/9211165/north-dakota-armed-drones-tasers

North Dakota has legalized the use of drones shooting tasers and spraying tear gas.

I predicted a few years back we'd have armed drones in US within a couple decades which really should be the free space on cyberpunk bingo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

30.5 Days posted:

We had a business ethics course, but we had it because of some weird fight between the university and texas instruments (who originally founded the college as a research campus). The legend went that TI was pissed that most people they hired from the school couldn't code or do anything useful. THis was unsurprising because only 5 or 6 classes in the required degree plan had writing code as a heavily-graded part of the course material. The university claimed it wasn't their lovely curriculum and professors but actually everyone was cheating in their classes & this could be fixed with a business ethics course. The only thing I remember from the course is that our professor talked nonstop about how global warming was a hoax and had an open offer that if you could provide evidence that it isn't one, he'd exempt you from all course materials. This offer had been affixed with over a dozen qualifiers over the years in order to ensure that it was impossible to complete.

What I'm saying is gently caress STEM universities.

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Carthag Tuek posted:

hippie -> libertarian -> fascist pipeline

Someone in pyf made a passing comment about the causal chain between NFTs and nazis and the next couple posters went ballistic on them lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bismuth posted:

yeah i assume thats what these are for

This is a dangerous buttplug.

One would imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Casey Finnigan posted:

joke's on management i love storing a small bottle of fake piss in my boxers and it makes me feel confident and good

I use a large bottle and I feel even more confident and good