Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny 2 has literally the same ending as Mass Effect 2 (you beat the bad guy in your neighborhood, good job, but outside the galaxy the real bad guys are waking up) so yeah, expect to see that in Anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to move to a much bigger place soon and I'm actually excited about putting together the new furniture, they're like big model kits you can sit on. I just finished this extremely nerdy gaming-related hacking project and I feel like I'm not done building stuff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, mass transit commutes are a totally different experience than driving. You can read, watch stuff, play phone games or shitpost, and generally not exert any mental effort on the process of traveling. It's a relaxing break from your day rather than just more work to do and lost time.

Really Pants posted:

drink of my brains and be free of sorrow, child

Save for October thread title

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it going to make the game even harder and more annoying like all the other DLCs did?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was amazed that Riven came on FIVE discs and included a little custom CD wallet with game art to keep them all in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

nightfalls and raids both require premade groups. very technically raids have a matchmaking function but last i checked it you legitimately had to run it for upwards of 20 minutes in order to use it to put together a group. also i think you might have to spend some kind of tokens to even use it?

Yeah, guided games was a complete misfire and no one uses it, largely because of the lack of background queueing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We’re all skipping over what’s really important here- ZOE VR accurately places your viewpoint in the robot’s crotch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Church of England got mad that it allows you to shoot up Manchester Cathedral.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Beyond Good and Evil 2 without the problematic development practices thanks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Understand
Understand

You've got to make a statement of intent

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who corrupts the corruptmen?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

The world needs Warcraft IV, quit screwing around on us Blizzard :colbert:

4Craft

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

Seriously though yeah why did that dude just jam Diablo's soulstone into his head, what was the thinking behind that

It was a really long time ago, but IIRC when you defeat Diablo it's revealed that that Diablo was also an old adventurer with the stone jammed in his head and that's the only way to contain his soul and keep him from fully manifesting. So your character, because he's such a noble self-sacrificing hero, decides to become the next one and protect the world from Diablo for another couple of decades. Until his will falters and someone else has to go on a quest to kill him, which is what happens in Diablo 2.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also close any open games and apps, makes a huge difference for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wamdoodle posted:

smh that no one is mad at this

Not wrong, master chief would just punch him in the back

Also the suit fleshlight thing is not real sorry

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Colonel posted:

unless they changed it back the last halo i played made you have to hold b to backstab people instead of punching

not my favorite part of reach

IIRC they didn't take out the old one-punch-death if you just tap B, holding B gets you a fancy flourish assassination but you don't have to do that to get the kill and it's only good for showboating in PVP because it will break stealth against the AI. (I also have not played the recent games.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Andrast posted:

Luck is by far the most OP stat in real life

Nerf Teela Brown

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

I distinctly remember reading a pre-launch interview in I think play magazine where they said the inspiration for the organization and the leader was just the old g.i. joe cartoon.

Yeah, I think it's one of those situations where the project originally had nothing to do with the license and later on the two were combined to raise its profile/marketability.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel the same way but I chalk it up to sticking to my favorite genres and the related skills being universal.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I found Obduction way easier than any Myst but that may be because I'm literally three times as old now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Once you put in the time and effort to get good at KBM, it lets you be faster and more accurate than a gamepad. You can't really deny this, but you can certainly argue whether it adds all that much to a particular game. Most FPSes are in no way ruined by having a maximum turning rate and aim assistance.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bloodychill posted:

Shoulder plus stick click-ins gives you 6 buttons. That may not be enough for all cases but it's enough in the two games above I listed.

Also one of the big features of “pro” controllers is back paddles, so you can activate the face buttons with ring finger or pinkie without letting go of the stick.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DLC obeys Sturgeon's Law, just like everything else.

The 7th Guest posted:

I mean, fairness is out the window because season pass prices are ridiculous, I'm just talking about quality

Aren't season passes usually cheaper than buying all they include piecemeal?

Whether that's a good deal or not depends on how much you like whatever game it is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That cat is going to destroy you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the "P" orientation?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Raxivace posted:

I think that’s the point where cup sizes go from the alphabet to some kind of math puzzle.

See also Dr. Seuss's little-known book for mature readers, On Beyond D-Bra

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

it's a good point along with all the other stuff mutata pointed out as to why it's a borderline impossible development but i'm sure if valve smelled enough money in it they'd find a way

If they're willing to take the enormous PR hit of going pay in the first place, they could easily establish a tier of free legacy account that serves only to allow access to existing game collections.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Enable all items, require that all characters and stages are chosen at random

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

nook provides the homeless with interest-free housing and no payment deadlines or pressure of any kind

At the Nintendo store in NYC they have a t-shirt with a picture of tom nook and the caption FOREVER A LOAN

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Animal Crossing is a cult compound and Tom Nook is probably a serial killer

I know that's not how it turns out but you're supposed to think that for most of the story

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Giving a whole new meaning to “rear end in a top hat physics” here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The funny thing about the Destiny franchise is that Destiny 1 started out in a somewhat primitive, unrefined state with a dearth of content and some very strange design decisions which you'd think any gamer with half a brain would have averted. But over the years Bungie was able to gradually iron out the kinks, release more content, and bash it into a shape mostly resembling a good, sustainable game. Then for Destiny 2 they threw out all of that and started over in a different primitive, unrefined state with a dearth of content and some different very strange design decisions which you'd think any gamer with half a brain would have averted.

The new expansion does seem to be the real deal, though- the game feels completely reinvigorated, with fewer pain points, bad decisions reversed, a ton of stuff to do and more unlocking frequently. I ran one of the raids over the weekend for the first time in months and it was a blast.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

I really don't understand what's going on.

An early copy of Stormy Daniels' book got out and in it she compares Trump's penis to Toad. You're welcome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

McDragon posted:

Oh man that sucked. I dunno the specifics any more I just remember it was rear end

It was a giant mutant who not only could stunlock you just as hard as the smaller ones, it could also perform a version of your super death blossom screen clear attack (I don't remember if this was a one-hit kill but it sure was a pain in the rear end). The best strategy, much like the smaller mutants, was to stay far away and throw all the junk lying around the arena at him.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Crackdown (1 not 2)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it was the Skyrim joke in Bioshock Infinite, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Colonel posted:

i'm in the dream world towards the end where you have to deal with a billion buzz saws

the controls aren't bad but i don't think they're good, for this specific kind of ultra-brutal precision platforming

That may be true but the part you're at is by far the most intense platforming in the game and I didn't feel it was an issue for the rest.

Don't try the Path of Pain, though (unless that's actually what you're talking about).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The GameCube Mini was released a while ago but it's a little underwhelming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVY_UtFHS5k

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also given the state of pop culture today there's probably a market for a device that looks exactly like a top loading VCR or an old cable box but streams modern media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snooze Cruise posted:

Gaming is so big, its this big

*i am holding my arms out really far apart*

this big... times infinity

You might think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts compared to gaming.

• Locked thread