Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

:thunk:

How about... no.

I've resigned myself to play DQXI on the PC so I can have the orchestral music. The difference is simply too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Anyone waiting for the GENKI USB C wireless Bluetooth adapter and is it too good to be true? It should be coming out in the next couple months and sounds like something I would like very much.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Spellman posted:

If this one has a charging port, it's probably better 😮

I just bought one to try so we'll see. The main thing I'm worried about is inconsistent reports of mild audio lag, which GENKI is supposed to prevent.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Hope they patch Wargroove to fix all the glaringly obvious QOL issues. You can’t even see the entire enemy danger zone all at once, unless I missed something. Everything moves just slow enough to be annoying, too. I couldn’t keep playing because of it. Sad!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Was I not supposed to buy Steins Gate Elite? I keep reading things were cut and the original art is better, but the only opinions I can find seem to be from obsessive fans so I don’t know who to trust.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I crazy or is there not a guide for Steins Gate Elite for Switch/PS4? The existing guides are all for the original or Vita which don’t really make sense with the new changes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Thanks, I didn’t realize this one would work but now it makes sense. Kinda sucks I didn’t know to get some of these flags earlier, since the email part of the game is a huge throwaway basically.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

J-Spot posted:

That ticked me off in the original. Oh, you didn’t pick the obscure correct respond to a handful of texts the game deemed important despite all the rest of them being fluff? You’re not worthy of reading the ending.

I’m about to finish the true ending and the way Elite streamlined everything, if you picked a single wrong email response in a certain chapter you’re locked out of a ton of extra scenes that get sprinkled throughout and should have just been there to start with. Luckily the skip feature is awesome.

So yeah, don’t miss that email chain.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh I know I was just joking. If you haven’t played it yet, Dragon Quest XI comes out in the fall and it’s the definitive version

It’s not the definitive version because it includes the option for Japanese voice acting, a mistake no one should make.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How’s Minit. It’s cheap and looks very cute

I just played through it, honestly I wasn’t impressed. It’s not particularly clever in using the 60 second gimmick. It is cute, though.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hmm ok. Might just get Baba is You which is less cheap but still cheap and also looks really cute

I’d pick Baba no question. It’s incredible.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Dungeons & Brazzers is shaping up to be a real banger on the Switch.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

When is the Mario Golf RPG remake coming to the Switch

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Cadence is so easy and simplified that it’s pretty boring, unfortunately. On the plus side it made me purchase the original for $4 and now I’m having fun again.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Len posted:

I think I hit the point in Necrodancer where I can't go farther. There's not a chance in hell I can beat the game as Aria

I believe in you. I almost did it once myself.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

Has slay the spire gotten more stable? I'd like to get it but the reports of crashing put me off.

Yeah a new patch just came out. Crashes didn’t matter before anyway though from when I had them.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I can’t believe I’m in the timeline where someone knew how much I loved the somewhat obscure title SD3 and then remade it just for me.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wish Necrodancer was like that. It's still hard as nails.

It should be challenging. Necrodancer is a lot better than Cadence and the Zelda theme is really the only thing carrying it. I really wanted to like it but it feels like a beta release with how easy it is to never die and random annoying design choices like big maps you have to slog though.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Hollow Knight is definitely boring for the first hour or two but I barely remember that because you know, the game owns and that’s the bottom line

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

HenryEx posted:

It was boring the following 19 hours, too, at which point i finally regained a shred of sanity and said "gently caress this, forever" and dropped it hard. The only Metroid/Castlevania/Metroidvania i never completed.

Game grump spotted

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The age old problem of depressed bitter extremely online people who are unable to mentally separate bad games from “not for me” games

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Bleck posted:

as a consummate Harvest Moon fan, Stardew Valley failed to grab me because I was about two hours in and still hadn't grown any crops

like they kind of designed the game to throw all this periphery stuff at the player from the outset but forgot to let me, like, Farm Things

I don't need to know some character's dad backstory or whatever I just want to grOW some goD drat TURNIPS

Look at this parsnip hater

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Which one? I’m in the 50s without spending a cent and it’s felt fair so far. It feels much better designed than most puzzle mobile games.

Challenge 1B probably

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

drat, tried the demo but 30FPS for DQB2 is a no-go for me. Having enlightened eyes is such a curse sometimes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

MZ posted:

Mario Maker 2 is fantastic. The sheer creativity of even the story mode levels are beyond what Nintendo has done in a 2D Mario game for a very long time.

That's before you even try some of the creator levels, some of the user-made ones are astounding.

I hope gets the same level of support / additions as they've given to Smash Bros.

And my friend had the nerve to ask me “how do you spend 40 hours playing Mario?”

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

I really, really hate the 'games journos are awful' trend that's been plaguing the internet for the last five years.

It's a regular news publication commenting on popular culture. Those have been dumb and bad for decades. Just ignore them.

Unfortunately, telling people online to ignore white noise/trolling hasn’t worked for the last 30 years.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Does anyone else pray every night that the world doesn’t end before Animal Crossing comes out

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

My experience with Obra Dinn was basically just me saying every ten minutes how insane it was that I was playing such a creative game.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean saying that the old re games are unplayable is insane. Tank controls are wonky and annoying but not unplayable

I get the sense that people on the internet might exaggerate when they post

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

How good is AI the Somnium Files for someone who thought 999 was better than VLR. I mean, VLR was good, but I didn’t really understand it by the end.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I’d pay an extra $5 per year for eShop Premium where the only new feature is a shovelware filter. Maybe this is the long con from Nintendo.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Gungeon makes you dodge roll a lot, you got a lot of buttons to press at the same time. It sucks on handheld. Edit: actually, sucks is too strong of a word, it’s ok

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Fire Emblem has a ton of issues from being too ambitious and yet, it’s amazing.

However people overanalyzing and projecting onto the characters is a little much. I think anime does that to people.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Who is over analyzing or projecting.

Like you tubers or something.

That’s how you get the views

I dunno, you can open any page of the fire emblem thread and see someone talking about how Leonie is so deep or how Mercedes is actually transgender.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I’ve never played Link’s Awakening, somehow. I hope it’s still intriguing even if I’ve been spoiled on the ending.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

People actually think durability was bad in BotW. My goodness. These people.

Edit: uh oh page snipe

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Nintendo can do anything

They put out a game remake that runs so inconsistently and everyone bought it anyway and convinced themselves that it’s fine

As everyone well knows, you can’t distinguish 60fps until you turn 18 so it’s clear who the market really is.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I bought Dragon Quest III but I think I made a mistake because it’s like a mobile game with a new cockney translation?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Millennials are killing sales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

A need a horrible goose amiibo to go with my Solid Snake amiibo to complete the Tactical Espionage set.

There’s a non-zero chance Fangamer is designing a honking goose plush. It will come true now that I posted about it.