Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't know why but it amuses the hell out of me that Asriel listens to Five Iron Frenzy.

("Religious ska" CDs under his bed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

my favourite kind of food is pain

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nah you ask for a hot curry at an Indian place run by actual Indians

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CJacobs posted:

Also a thing that is A Flaw in Undertale is that you have to play the whole game over again if you lock yourself out of the true ending by killing something (Toriel at the very start is the go-to example), and you don't find out you've done it until the very end, and at that point it's an hour or two's worth of investment and some pretty long fights/sequences replaying the game you just finished. At that point the question of "how much do you really care about this world" falls a bit flat because it's not so simple as loading your save, playing the whole game over is a time investment you may not want or have room for. Therefore, overenthusiastic encouragement to go pacifist from the very start even for unspoiled players, i.e. telling people how to play, has become the norm to keep that from happening. Delta Rune is getting around that by nixing that possibility which is a good thing imo.

That's not a flaw.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's not a flaw though. Playing through the neutral run, being shamed for it and then doing a pacifist run while noticing the differences in a second run is the ideal experience.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You're not locked out of anything though, that's why the game emphasises reloading as an actual canon fact. You can change your fate.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CJacobs posted:

If you're actually going to argue that having to play the whole game from the beginning because your actions along the way are now keeping you from moving onward, doesn't count as being locked out, then I don't even wanna continue lol

You're acting like that's a big ask but you can blaze through the game quickly once you've seen it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Microcline posted:

Is this one of those episodic things? Am I supposed to play it now or wait until it's done?

It's more like a demo/teaser but it's a solid two hour experience so play it anyway.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nine-gear crow posted:

Seriously, there's tons of dogs in Deltarune though

Aren't those all toby fox, the same dog?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

El Burbo posted:

I can’t believe you’ve done this

I can't believe I just got the joke.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nine-gear crow posted:

[X]

It will never happen because Toby's a bastard who loves to make Asriel suffer, but still...

Asriel is a D.va main?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doesn't include SAVE the World, 0/10 :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is this guy's full playthrough watchable anywhere? And does he have one for Undertale?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Invictus posted:

holy lol, Tsuko G dug up the kazoo's grave to do a Rude Buster Kazoo'd cover. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD__iW53rAk&hd=1

Tsuko G is always as fun to watch as he is to listen to. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Speaking of Sans owning Kris, I never tried calling his number. Turns out that if you do, you get a Hotline for Idiot Babies.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why is it that the transition into the battle screen with everyone brandishing their weapons for a second is so drat satisfying?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The weakest character. Can only do 1 damage.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ralsei is cute but that's about it.

Susie rules though. The power of mean girls shines within me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

*madst

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He seems to give extremely quality hugs

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anime isn't real.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

It's possible to deplete his health before you max the ratings, but it's debatable whether he DIE-dies. Alphys just says she can repair him and then nervously sees you off.

Killing all the bosses including Mettaton and absolutely nobody else (including Muffet, who isn't technically a boss) is the only way to get the best ending!!!

Isn't the "I can repair him" only if you defeat him non-lethally, and if you kill him she says she can just build a new one?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Haifisch posted:

But what about tier-two swears?

The !%!$ Squad is actual peak swearing.

Canon team name imo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

definitely gently caress squad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DropsySufferer posted:

It's been over a year since I played undertale so I may be forgetting but why/how does Alphys disappear in this ending? That is the one character that you can't fight from what I remember.

It doesn't state that she commits suicide, but other dialogue strongly implies that she's suicidal (Undyne finds Alphys just staring at the abyss in the junkyard, and in the True Lab she mentions worrying that she might not come back because she "might do something cowardly"). With that context, the ending stating she just disappears means that she almost certainly killed herself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fangz posted:

The other alternative is that Alphys does whatever Gaster did.

I mean I suppose it could be this alternative that has not been hinted at in any way or she could have done the thing that the game strongly implied that she was already considering.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Flowey's "That's a wonderful idea" is taken from a McDonalds commercial.

idk about anything else though

And his laugh was taken from Tombi.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MonsieurChoc posted:

No, I finished the True Pacifist ending and then went back to the beginning tot alk to Asriel. I still feel like I missed the details of the past and stuff.

You're not finished. Rip and tear, until it is done.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gruckles posted:

Pitch-altered Ronald McDonald from an old McDonald's ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4yv60rzAJY

Also the laugh is laughing flowers from Tombi.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like Alphys as a character.

I have nothing against people who dislike Alphys as a character.

That is all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

But where is the CHAOS CHAOS sticker?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turtlicious posted:

like you can say he's so tough, but that doesn't stop him from getting insanely owned in the genocide ending.

You could cut all of Papyrus parts from the game, and give his screen time to Sans, and the game would be infinitely better.

I mean, Asgore, Toriel, and Mettaton also get one hit killed in the genocide run. Does that mean they're pathetic too?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's amazing how wrong that is in every way.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Streams are good if you manage to find one with a very proactive mod team who purges backseating on sight.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not cultured enough for this, Hopes and Dreams just sounds off without an electric guitar in the mix to me. :shrug:

It did have one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:shrug: I don't know what to tell you but I just listened to it again and the guitar was present for basically the entire song, it's more in the background instead of being the main instrument like it is on the OST version.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DanielCross posted:

I think if there's anything that the Player and Kris are in complete agreement on, it's touching that cheese.

also getting bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Played through Undertale Yellow (pacifist) and quite liked it. Lmao that the final boss was "what if asriel's OC form but unironically" though