Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Also reserved.

From previous Trump thread:

novamute posted:

I made a small bookmarklet to automatically filter this thread down to just posts with tweets, external links, or external images to help catch up when I inevitably fall 100 pages behind. Figured I'd post it here in case it helps anybody else stay current. Just remove the space between java and script and add it as a bookmark then you can click it on the pages you want to filter down.

quote:

java script:(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > div.tweet, .postbody > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > a:not([href*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > .timg_container > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"])').length === 0 }).hide() })()
Here is a version that will show posts with embeds of any kind including Youtube.

quote:

java script:(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > div.tweet, .postbody > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > a:not([href*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > .timg_container > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > iframe').length === 0 }).hide() })()

Party Plane Jones posted:

all right I'm going to say several things:

For several months I was the only mod who was looking at D&D reports for US primetime. There are other mods/IKs for other threads/time zones (ober for UKMT/Anidav for AUSPOL) but as I do not really know UK or Aussie politics and they don't know US we don't presume to mod anything but notable shitposting.

If you reported or got probated it's most likely I did it; otherwise guyovich caught you and probated you with a day due to the time zone difference so that you'd actually notice a probation. During the months of september to mid october I looked at and processed something around a thousand reports for D&D; this is partially why we asked for new mod recommendations earlier.

Let it be said that remaking USPOL as it is at the moment didn't arrive in a vacuum. The 4th Trump thread had become USPOL once again in all but name. When 11 people were murdered in Pittsburgh, there wasn't a single post about it in the USPOL thread. When other notable events were happening they weren't posted about in there either; they were put in the Trump thread. The main thing (for better or worse, depending on your point of view and I know CSPAM posters are going to make hay of this) was that Dems are Bad chat was dumped into the Thunderdome thread. This was enforced through warnings and probations.

This is not to say Dems are Good, You Should be Bowing Down to Your Lord and Savior Nancy Pelosi. Dems are at times decent, more often fuckups, and as always trying to maintain a status quo that prefers no real movement that transforms the fabric of American society.

I can certainly see why guyovich made the Thunderdome thread. Having processed that many reports and complaints means posters more often than not were using weaponizing them against people they disagreed with. Sometimes these reports were actually valid, sometimes they weren't. I personally don't love playing alternately hall monitor and school principal for grudges between people. Having looked at the reports since combining USPOL the numbers might have gone up (but then again, that might also be due to the midterms).

(On the subject of derails:
I didn't sit there constantly watching the Trump thread. Modding D&D is not my job. If you got away with talking about something inane like beer or pizza for several hours and I wasn't there to see it, congrats, I wasn't going to probate you for it half a day or days after the fact as by that time the derail had solved itself when the next horrendous thing out of the Trump administration slouched its way to be born reached the news.)

Having said all of that meandering pre-coffee text the current state/design of the threads/USPOL is something LK and I talked about previously and with Ardennes as a newly minted mod we'll all be talking about it. If you'd like to complain more about it you can PM me and I'll take your opinion into consideration.

tl;dr a bunch of words and things

I laughed at this.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

Q: Will there be a separate Trump thread? Or are we back to days of yore with one hellthread?

one hellthread which is basically what Trump thread turned into by the end of it anyways

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

the dog rule should not only be brought back, but be enforced with an iron fist

ya'll pretty much do it as it is per page anyways

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is there a way of making it so this thread only contains relevant news posts and not like, pages upon pages of digressions about sandwich preferences and pineapple on pizza? I am not a D&D poster, but I enjoy the way you guys all us this thread to post relevant news.. just sometimes it’s 800 posts of nonsense.

I'll still be doing tweet dumps which are a) unignorable because I'm a mod and people got really really irate about not being able to just skip over them which I find hilarious and b) I have time to do them not as canvassing/phonebanking is over and Patel lost by 20+ points.

edit: I'm adding the bookmarklet from the previous thread that only shows pictures/youtubes/tweets in posts.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

Would it be possible to cap these threads at like 3000 pages, because crappier computers have trouble loading the page selector much beyond that.

That's probably around what's going to happen anyways as Trump thread lasted from March to November and hit 6000 pages and we're going to be switching to Spring in half the timespan.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

While, yeah, there's the Lucy-and-the-Football feeling, the 1.4 million newly eligible voters should help.

Realistically I'd expect about 20% to pay their court fees and fully regain their right to vote by 2020 barring the state loving them over again (it's Florida, after all) which means it would be another nailbiter.

Also doesn't help since Rubio isn't up until 2022 either.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CmdrRiker posted:

I am very sad that Stacey Abrams most likely lost the GA governor race.

It might go to runoff, surprisingly.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A 9 point win is a wave. You can’t spin that.

It’s not though, 2006 was 10.6

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Waves come in many sizes.

Whoops apparently I cut off the 1970s line from that quote.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

exploded mummy posted:

there was a path before, but it was like running the 1904 Olympic marathon

that's a lot of strychnine usage then

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ya'll in the thread are really living up to the thread title more closely than I thought you would.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

knox_harrington posted:

"you lot complaining about the merged threads is just making us want to do it more!"

The combined thread is basically unreadable now. Just my 2c

I've been modding Trump thread for 6 months; this is essentially Trump thread in all but name; by the end of it as *gasp* the scope expanded to contain everything that Trump touches with his tiny orange fingers which as President of the United States means essentially everything

I mean half the reason why we closed the old USPOL thread is 11 people were loving murdered in Pittsburgh and there was not a single post about it in that thread. It got no traffic/posts.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

Just don't let the USPOL folks bully you out of your tweet dumps.

Generally the PMs I get from posters are fairly congenial except in the case of white sauce who a) had his avatar changed by a poster to a picture of an rear end in a top hat b) complained when I probated him while waiting for the queue so that it wasn't a picture of an rear end in a top hat (for free, mind you) since he was posting up a storm and that av was not work safe and c) sent me goatse when I gave him a 6er the other day.

Some people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Clunk Tap It posted:

Arizona right now looks like Sinema is behind by 1%, but nobody has a majority (https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/arizona-senate) - would this mean a runoff like in MS or does that vary by state?

Varies by state; I think we'll have to wait a couple days more before AZ results are certified.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Side discussion:

What are the realistic odds of taking the senate back in 2020?

Would probably require the economy to collapse and a clean sweep of the 7 or so vulnerable seats.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Either ya’ll stop posting about posters or soon you are going to be speaking your miseries to a crab and a pile of coconuts on probation island.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tibalt posted:

:toxx: I will eat my hat if OK goes blue in the 2020 presidential election.

Edit: I get to choose which of my hats.

This is a very dangerous toxx, we already had some guy lose a hat eating toxx and make himself some sort of Carmen Miranda hat to get out of, you know, poisoning himself

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

I still don't understand how this hack can be installed into a senate confirmed position. Can't house Dems sue over this?

No.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
A reminder that we have separate threads for several subjects so this one doesn’t get bogged down: there’s a gunchat thread, 2020 Democratic Primary thread, and State/Local 2019 thread.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Either ya'll start posting better or your 6 hour tour to Probation Island is going to turn out to be a long stay in Devil's Island.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

In the unlikely event that this happens, I imagine we will unban any of the ones that haven't already reregged.

If you've already rebought after the ban I'll talk to the admin team about getting you free plat/noads/archives or something if Gillum/Nelson pull out a victory.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Brian Kemp is now leading Stacey Abrams 50.023% to 49.024% as votes are still being counted. If he drops to 50 percent, race goes to runoff

That's what it said.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
dear god stop talking about tucker carlson

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
the next person who utters the name tucker carlson from their figurative lips in this thread is enjoying a visit to probation island

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

the next person who utters the name tucker carlson from their figurative lips in this thread is enjoying a visit to probation island

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm suspending the tucker carlson rule from earlier but let me say this

quote:

no person in their right mind should waste one loving breath of their life worrying caring or emphasizing with or about tucker carlson

the fact that ya'll melted down for 8 loving pages about tucker loving carlson of all things, a day after an important midterm election and the day sessions resigned is insane

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Also this post from Trump IV remains true:

if you caught a probe in the past couple hours post more content in the future

i don't particularly care about what the content is, can be quotes from an article with the article linked, a tweet, a picture, a haiku about charlie kirk's diaper extravaganza. as we get closer to the election if ya'll are just dropping single word replies it's gonna clutter up the thread real fast

also i'll be your mod for election day so if there's bad poo poo report it and hopefully i won't be dead to the world, eyes glazed over as with reports from 39 districts desantis wins florida

Stop barging into the thread and cropdusting it with your lack of content posts. this is d&d, if you'd like somewhere where you can just post trump! at random intervals cspam is just next door. It is going to be impossible to read with all 800/900 posters viewing D&D per day (on a slow news day anyways) all postin' single words

(also :rip: that latter part turning out to be true)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/erinbiba/status/1060748813269458945

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stop dragging out this tired as gently caress joke every other day people

come up with something original for once

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

So what will be your guys's drink of choice when Don Jr gets indicted?

White Russian

(i'm not making a joke here that's usually just what I make as a mixed drink)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Honestly kind of fine with the strict timeline in Florida if it means Scott or Desantis can't just demand a recount of the recount and take this poo poo into December if it comes up not favoring them

it also means you can't pull an al franken where 2/3 months down the line it turns out that you narrowly pulled out a win

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNNValencia/status/1060952948774260736

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

pelosi must end every speech with "moreover i consider that the gop must be destroyed".

carthago delenda est

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I thought Kemp actually recused himself from overseeing the recount or whatever's happening in GA (after stealing the election, but still).

Kemp resigned because he was being sued over it and was going to lose anyways

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

The Democrats are so spineless they won't even fight for the votes they earned, and will let the republicans ran rampant and constantly rig every election. lol, that's how we got president bush.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It is in the third post.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/AltRockyNPS/status/1061170683873517568

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm in the middle of a post right now so bear with me tia

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

The Trump thread had like a 15 page derail about grilling.

all right I'm going to say several things:

For several months I was the only mod who was looking at D&D reports for US primetime. There are other mods/IKs for other threads/time zones (ober for UKMT/Anidav for AUSPOL) but as I do not really know UK or Aussie politics and they don't know US we don't presume to mod anything but notable shitposting.

If you reported or got probated it's most likely I did it; otherwise guyovich caught you and probated you with a day due to the time zone difference so that you'd actually notice a probation. During the months of september to mid october I looked at and processed something around a thousand reports for D&D; this is partially why we asked for new mod recommendations earlier.

Let it be said that remaking USPOL as it is at the moment didn't arrive in a vacuum. The 4th Trump thread had become USPOL once again in all but name. When 11 people were murdered in Pittsburgh, there wasn't a single post about it in the USPOL thread. When other notable events were happening they weren't posted about in there either; they were put in the Trump thread. The main thing (for better or worse, depending on your point of view and I know CSPAM posters are going to make hay of this) was that Dems are Bad chat was dumped into the Thunderdome thread. This was enforced through warnings and probations.

This is not to say Dems are Good, You Should be Bowing Down to Your Lord and Savior Nancy Pelosi. Dems are at times decent, more often fuckups, and as always trying to maintain a status quo that prefers no real movement that transforms the fabric of American society.

I can certainly see why guyovich made the Thunderdome thread. Having processed that many reports and complaints means posters more often than not were using weaponizing them against people they disagreed with. Sometimes these reports were actually valid, sometimes they weren't. I personally don't love playing alternately hall monitor and school principal for grudges between people. Having looked at the reports since combining USPOL the numbers might have gone up (but then again, that might also be due to the midterms).

(On the subject of derails:
I didn't sit there constantly watching the Trump thread. Modding D&D is not my job. If you got away with talking about something inane like beer or pizza for several hours and I wasn't there to see it, congrats, I wasn't going to probate you for it half a day or days after the fact as by that time the derail had solved itself when the next horrendous thing out of the Trump administration slouched its way to be born reached the news.)

Having said all of that meandering pre-coffee text the current state/design of the threads/USPOL is something LK and I talked about previously and with Ardennes as a newly minted mod we'll all be talking about it. If you'd like to complain more about it you can PM me and I'll take your opinion into consideration.

tl;dr a bunch of words and things

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Mods: Am I out of touch? No, no, it is every user who is wrong

I laughed at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

The gently caress? Someone toss me the link. I want into the Trump Thread discord clubhouse.

You really, really don't.