Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mind_Taker posted:

Which states that are currently gerrymandered to a laughable degree in the R direction are likely to be redrawn to a fair (or D-favorable) map in 2020 due to pickups in governorships/state houses last night?

NC is already due for at least partial redistricting but the decision happened too late for this election. Additionally, the state legislature is no longer a Republican supermajority (tying the hands of its 2016-elected Democrat governor) so the chances are getting much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Hahahaha

I don't know if I'm being naive here, but he strikes me as being too spineless to really go all the way on stuff like obstructing the Mueller investigation and separating families. More of an indirect "make myself rich" evil than a direct "I derive pleasure from making minorities' lives miserable" malevolence.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Tibalt posted:

Any NC goons want to confirm something for me? It appears based on local news articles that Roy Cooper is moderately popular in NC despite his ongoing battles with the legislature. Would that be a fair assessment?

I've only heard occasional, generic grumblings about him being a Democrat, but usually he's a non-entity. So I think that's a yes. Nobody seems to dislike him for specific reasons, just the party he belongs to.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
98% of Trump appointees are mercifully incompetent and can't manage to really get their policies off the ground without hitting roadblocks. The other 2% are people like Miller, Sessions, Bannon. That's why this feels like a (very) small victory: Trump has gotten rid of someone who was actually really beneficial to his administration, because he's too much of a thin-skinned baby to realize that it's easier to do evil stuff when you don't call attention to it. It's now a roll of the dice to see if his replacement is just as good at being bad, and the odds don't seem to favor that. So it could be a net gain, and probably won't be much of a loss. And in the process it's more fuel for the Mueller fire.

I realize that sounds kind of accelerationist. I guess it would be, if I thought Sessions would be replaced by someone even worse. I don't. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 8, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
His kids not being home at that exact time seems like a pretty weak defense. More protestors could easily show up at any time.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lol at the suggestion that yelling at people's houses is suddenly the only way to defeat fascists. What is it even gonna do? You really think Tucker is gonna resign in shame now? Any possible benefit to this seems disproportionately small compared to how problematic it is.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If Kemp quit his day job only to lose in a runoff, that would be the absolute best

Also regardless of my feelings about the Haunting Of Tucker House, the idea that it's a "hate crime" is ridiculous

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

:psyduck:

This is beyond just a lie, it literally doesn't make any kind of sense.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Groovelord Neato posted:

what makes these ghouls so alien to me is why not just live a life of luxury. you're worth hundreds of millions of dollars. go enjoy it. why gently caress everything up for the rest of us. jesus christ.

You're not wrong, but I think the adaptability of humans is a double-edged sword here. We have an amazing ability to establish a "new normal." On one hand this helps us survive hardships. On the other hand it seems to always keep us at least a little bit dissatisfied. Once something becomes normal, you want more than that.

The best antidote for this is to step out of your house and interact with people different from you, which most people don't bother to do, unless they have no choice (as you'd imagine, the less money you have, the less choice you have).

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This dude wants to be Kingpin sooooooo hard

I shall call him King Pinhead

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Hoo boy, if someone buys this for one of my kids at Christmas it is not going to be fun.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Should've said, "I am the boy captured in the photo OF the Far Right"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Dammit Trump, don't ruin wine for me too

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
E: nothing to see here

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I like to think Trump was working on these written answers for as long as we've been hearing about it, so like half a year. Just takes him that long to write something.

Alabama ethics? Does that mean he isn't a pedophile?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

*blinks twice* Well I did not see that coming. I guess this must be the guy keeping Shep Smith on board.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I know it's probably because of the character limit, but I like to think he just didn't want to bother spelling Peter Strzok

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I love how our big dumb baby president could've just answered Acosta's fairly simple questions, even with a diplomatic "we don't know at this time" or whatever, but he's too much of a big dumb baby and now some poor White House intern has to write up a new set of regulations about how and when reporters are allowed to ask questions.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Doesn't go far enough. Podesta is ALSO bin Salman. His name is an anagram for "A DESPOT"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Cue another round of Trump simultaneously going to bat for Manafort and saying he was a low-level staffer who he smartly fired because he's so smart

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
When Paul Manafort dies, Robert Mueller will personally invent a way to bring him back to life and indict him more

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I don't really think Facebook has gotten either more or less Chuddy but it's hard to say. I've hidden entire sources one by one when I see some MAGA crap pop up, and eventually unfollowed people when it got to the point that they literally never posted original content at all, so there's no way of knowing, really.

I do know that one of those people has begun complaining that Facebook censors conservative content, which is laughable considering how much I still have to put up with. This may become a self-fulfilling prophecy that causes them all to migrate to some other platform, I guess, even though Facebook is basically ground zero for MAGA crap ruining a website.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Now all we need to do is get either MSNBC or CNN to give Shucks the MST3K treatment as she stands at the podium.

Biff, Hardcastle! Slab, Squatthrust! John, Bolton!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Your Taint posted:

But essentially he has. Or at least he does the absolute bare minimum.

Yeah I think that's basically what he's doing. Occasionally Stephen Miller slips a piece of racist legislation in front of him and he signs it. Then he goes back to his main duty, livetweeting Fox News.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This is another one that looks like he used Alec Baldwin Trump as the model instead of the real Trump.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

TheScott2K posted:

I don't see that happening. Charlottesville locals want this dude to hang for the sake of their property values.

Yeah even though I know it's totally irrational, every time I'm driving through Virginia and there's a sign for Charlottesville part of me thinks "uh-oh, better steer clear!" It's the new Waco.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Trump wants us to think this is like a sitcom, where he was just a happy developer trying to do something Very Legal and Very Cool for us, but that nosy Robert Mueller almost spoiled the surprise, so he had to keep making up zanier and zanier lies to keep it going, but now it's ruined! Thanks a lot, Witch Hunt! But it's okay, we understand you were trying to do something Very Legal and Very Cool, so we'll forgive all those comedic misunderstandings in the end.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Haha it's the Omnibus Bill all over again. Wonder what else is in it. (So does Trump. Well, "wonder" is a strong word...)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Groovelord Neato posted:

hearing about the dudes with two families and poo poo is wild. where do they find the time.

It's called load balancing, having 2 makes it almost twice as efficient

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Google Butt posted:

He for sure got news of fresh indictments

Or he got news of McDonald's running out of McMuffins. There's no way to tell.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

KillHour posted:

Mirriam Webster has been making fun of Trump for at least 2 years now. It's great.

The dictionary's very existence makes fun of Trump, so it's really been longer than that.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Jesus Christ I just heard some 40-50 something co-workers a few cubicles over complaining that Popeye cartoons are probably banned these days for being too violent.

Man, I used to be one of these guys. Then at some point I realised the things from my childhood still exist somewhere if I want to look at them again (I usually don't), and kids today have different things that are more relevant to the world they live in, and that's okay.

Lightning Knight posted:

Show them videos of the most recent Call of Duty campaigns and tell them is marketed to 15 year olds and watch them seamlessly transition to moral panic about video games causing mass shootings.

It'd be "interesting" (not really) to see how many of these same people would immediately re-re-pivot if the COD games did indeed get banned, blaming a PC culture that doesn't value Are Troops

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069970500535902208

Tariff Man, Tariff Man
Tariffs don't work like he thinks they can

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till tax cuts trickle down and then they'll find
I'm not the man they saw in Home Alone
Oh no no no...
I'm a Tariff Man
Tariff Man, tweeting out fake news here on my phone

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 4, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is probably only the fourth-best Particle Man parody in the Trump threads, but I lmao every time

(I still have no idea what Particle Man is, I was doing Spider-Man)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Let me tell you how I think it be
You'll pay for stuff we get for free
'Cause I'm the Tariff Man
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

If soybean exports get too small
I'll pay you back with bigly wall
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

If you drive a car (I'll tariff steel)
If you try to eat (I'll tariff veal)
If you play football (I'll tariff kneel)
If you try to read (Art Of The Deal)
Tariff Man!

Don't tell me how a tariff works
You're just a bunch of jealous jerks
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

Now my advice for those with pre-existing conditions
You're screwed
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

And my administration is no one but me

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Leave Todd Packer out of this

He's like Todd mixed with Kevin

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This Ain't A Funeral, It's An Arms Race

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

"Judge's"

Mueller, wrap it up

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Obligatory #thebestpeople

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Things I never thought I'd wonder: can someone avoid legal punishment by being too stupid to realize he's been found guilty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lol, of course ol' mushbrains thinks this is THE Mueller report