Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
We won! They lost! For gently caress sake, be happy you covoking broke brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WampaLord posted:

SOME OF US LIVE IN FLORIDA and really don't like being told "Be happy!" after what happened last night.

Okay, that's fair.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I needed this so much in my life.

May Q from Star Trek teleport them in front of a borg cube.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

if anyone needs a pick me up because you're bummed that your unrealistic expectations for last night didn't come true, Laura Loomer is losing her loving mind because she feels that Daddy Trump and Fox News both let her down by not broadcasting her insanity 24/7 and she's super depressed

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1060186507078762496

She's tweeted 13 times in the past hour and it's all some variation on this

This fuels me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Broke brains screamed over a percentage on a lovely sports site being setup by an idiot who thinks he can predict politics because he can predict sports and we are one of the verge of potentially taking the Senate as well as the governoship of Florida and Georgia.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't be a covoking broke brain, you should have faith in democracy.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 9, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why can't dems ever control the narrative :(

Want to control the narrative? Incessantly and violently scream truth is regardless of what truth actually is in everyone's face and you will control the narrative.

Covok
May 27, 2013

We're taking Arizona!

We're taking Florida!

We're taking Georgia!

DEM STRONG. DEM PROUD. DEM VICTORY!

Covok
May 27, 2013

We're going to take Arizona!

Then, we're going to take Florida!

Then, Georgia!

Then, we're going to go to Washington and take back the White House!

https://youtu.be/9j6xm7e5bJo

Covok fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 10, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

ARIZONA WENT DEMOCRAT! A WOMAM DEMOCRAT! AN ATHEIST WOMAN DEMOCRAT! AN ANTI-GUN ATHEIST WOMAN DEMOCRAT!!!

TRUMP HAS DESTROYED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND MADE DEMOCRATS STRONGER THAN EVER.

DEMOCRATS WILL RULE FOREVER MORE!

FLORIDA WILL GO DEMOCRAT!

GEORGIA WILL GO DEMOCRAT!

WE ARE WINNING!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, Florida sucks.

Also don't watch MSNBC right now because there's some rear end in a top hat with glasses being a dick while some lawyer tries his best to reign him in and it just isn't working. The lawyer is nice, but the guys the glasses is some Rick Scott guy and he's annoying.

Covok
May 27, 2013

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

George W. Bush

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

He realized he was about to say "shame on me."

That's the theory.

Still makes him a dipshit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blue Wave went sploosh.

Trump poo poo his pants.

Leftists continue to win hearts and minds.

Only a couple of years till the long darkness ends.

We will all live to see the last consetvative die of old age, alone and afraid, as a new beautiful age of left wing politics dawn.

Covok
May 27, 2013

This is why the marganlized should treat everyone in power or benefiting from privelage with distrust until they prove their worth. It's how most trans people survive when it comes to judging cis so you might as well just extend it to all of the wretched species of humanity.

Covok
May 27, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl again this year so once again the sports chuds are going to be insufferable unless T*m Br*dy loses again like he did last year.

Can that fucker just retire already? I loving hate that piece of poo poo. It's not even a political thing. I just loving hate the Patriots and I loving hate Tom Brady.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Nick Sandmann, the chud kid mocking the native american, is on msnbc claiming to have been victimized by the old man hitting his drum.

Despicable. What a piece of garbage.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Spiffster posted:

Tell me they laughed him out of the building.

Or at very least challenged him on his stance...

Better yet ... why the hell did they give him a drat platform to begin with :wtc:

nine-gear crow posted:

No, every big media figure I've seen so far has been trying to lionize him as some kind of Hero of Civility and is buying his version of events whole hog because nothing matters and the moral arc of the universe bends toward evil. Congratulations to future Senate Majority Leader Nick Sandmann, R-KY for winning at life.

The kid deserves explusion and for every future employment opportunity to fail for being linked to this video until he is destitute and penniless. But our weak media lets evil win.

If we want good, we need to recognize the inherent inhumanity of the other side and recognize they do not deserve to change reality to fit their warped and twisted beliefs and narrative. If we do not, I swear to God, we will all get exterminated. Only through the reconogtion of the direness of our situation and the endless, near-insurmountable evil of our hated enemy can we win.

Covok
May 27, 2013

*be a closeted trans woman*

*check news*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hahaha! Fat orange piece of poo poo got hosed hard! What a loving loser! What a loving loser! He looks like a loving dumb piece of poo poo! He got absolutely screwed over and humiliated! How does it feel you fat orange piece of poo poo? How does it feel!?

It's not nearly as bad as all the people loving hurt, you fuckwad! All the people you made go Without Pity for months! And the trans people you banned from the military! The immigrants you slaughtered! They suffered worse than you ever did you piece of poo poo and that's the biggest crime! I take this day as the first chip to seeing your rear end from in prison like you deserve!

gently caress you!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his approval levels?

They're under 40%!!!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Republicans are evil. Full stop.

Conservatives are evil. Full stop.

Alt-Right is evil. Full stop.

Trump is evil. Full stop.

McConnell is evil. Full stop.

John McCain was evil. Full stop.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tax cut update: Republicans have about faced in my office from "I can't wait for my tax cut from our lovely President" to " I don't care if my taxes actually went down, my refund went down and that's all I cared about: why did they mess with my withholdings? I don't care if I got more money in my paycheck, that was peanuts and I lost that money!" This is not even considering the ones who actually got a tax raise.

I work in a deep red middle class Italian community. Blue state, high property taxes, 3-4 kids on average per couple. They are all seeing their refunds go down, and some have their taxes go up to. They are pissed.

They all act surprised to even though I specifically told them this was going to happen last year. They believe me when I told them that I told them this would happen last year when we did their projection. But, as one person put it, they didn't believe I was telling the truth because it didn't agree with what Fox News told them.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 4, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't seeing your refund go down just mean you overpayed less in taxes throughout the year? I still feel like wayyy too many people think a tax refund is free money you get from the government at the end of the year.

In some cases, their tax went down. In some cases their tax went up. In both cases the refund went down. And no one in the former case cares that they aren't in the latter case and treat situation the same. And I do explain this to them in entirety. Because I go line-by-line.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Quote of the day "So the Trump bill didn't save me money?"

"Your taxes did go down by $280,but it was spread out over 26 weeks for around 80/week. Your withholdings just went down as well as part of the new bill"

"So, the Trump bill didn't save me any money?"

He sounded like a Republican too.

GOP really underestimated how people view their taxes. By loving with WT, they screwed themselves.

Covok
May 27, 2013

White guy hates black man protesting police brutality so much that he boycotts nike and destroyed his business and livelihood.

I thought this might be a quick interesting read for all the people wonder how far and how self-damaging a lot of the white rage boycotts are. This guy was so mad about Kaepernick that he banned all Nike stuff from the sports store. So, no one shop there and now he has to shut down the store next month. He could have turned it back a long time ago and saved his entire livelihood. And he chose not to. He destroyed his entire livelihood out of hate. Ruminate on that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Majorian posted:

What do you think the broader implications of this might be? (genuinely asking, not trying to imply anything)

I think it's just a general warning that you should be wary of your own emotions less they destroy you. There are good reasons to boycott things and sometimes it's worth being hurt to do the right thing. But hating people based on their skin color so much destroy your own business is a good example of what to avoid. Not to hold on to such toxic feelings that they destroy you. You guys know how I used to act. I think you know I can speak from experience. Sometimes it's better to let it go.

Covok
May 27, 2013

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!

HE'S ACTUALLY DOING IT! DEAR GOD NO!

JUST KILL ME!

Covok
May 27, 2013

eke out posted:

covok.. it's okay

How?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Democracy is over, guys.

USSC is so full of chuds they'll uphold Trump's emergency powers. Then, Presidents can willfully ignore the other branches. Then, we will be a dictatorship!

And all because of white fragility!

Make any well researched argument you want, you will be wrong. Trump won the election. USSC upheld the travel ban and trans ban. And the spineless dems gave Trump 1.7bn for his wall. Every "it can't happen here" argument is bullshit!

America is over, folks, and, frankly, gently caress that wretched place!

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Supreme Court proved last year that just because Trump repeatedly said his so-called travel ban was aimed at keeping Muslims out of the country doesn’t mean a majority of justices will call a presidential order illegally discriminatory.

Well researched arguments fail one critical test: they all ignore how evil people are and how they'll destroy everything for power...even if they actually hurt themselves.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

And yet you post well researeched arguments :thunk:

In a world where nothing makes any goddamn sense, the expert knows just as much as the ignorant.

The Super-Id posted:

It’s much more noticeable when evil people destroy something rather than when they don’t. Evil doesn’t always win, often it is quietly defeated. No reason to give up hope because Trump continues to bluster his way through the presidency. There’s a long way to go between the Supreme Court rolling over on this emergency bullshit and a dictatorship.

I get what you're saying. But man. Every time I was told I was overreacting and cooler heads will prevail, I've been kicked in the teeth. The travel ban. The trans ban. Tax Cuts. He even found a way to ruin Obamacare even if he couldn't repeal it. And I haven't even started with how badly everything is going. It just makes more sense after a certain point to expect the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Super-Id posted:

Oh we’re going to get kicked in the teeth again. That’s just life. I just think there’s plenty of hope that we can continue to nudge that number of teeth kickings down as we await the environmental destruction of our planet.

Not really the uplifting message I was hoping for. But it's kind of the message I was asking for with all my nihilism and self-pity.