Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Sorry*

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I can't find a straight answer, can my clients get social security cards and benefit award letters or not?

I'm in Portland and people are freaking the gently caress out.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Fragmented posted:

I can't find a straight answer, can my clients get social security cards and benefit award letters or not?

I'm in Portland and people are freaking the gently caress out.

Help i'm going back to work in 17 hours and i really don't want to spend an hour calling the S.S. office....

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

jojoinnit posted:

Tales of True Tree Law, Truncated.

I took a nap when all this Tree Law poo poo was going down, but umm thread title?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I have to reply to the Portland hate.

I have lived here most of my life(1981-2009 and 2012-now) I work in the capacity of a social worker now and screw you people that are saying Portland is still a racial state/whatever you think. We are more inclusive than any of your states when it comes to programs for drug rehab/criminal justice rehab. etc.

Fight me.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

EdithUpwards posted:

I am willing to accept that what I've heard about racism portland and portland racism are false.

Please tell me the truth as to rumors about meth, cops, tattoos, cop tattoos, cop meth, meth tattoos, tattoo meth and methcops.

Nah. Racism is real everywhere. it's mostly outside the city that you encounter that poo poo. Going to outdoor raves in bumfuck Oregon with an African American girlfriend was enlightening.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Otteration posted:

That would be cool and reassuring to the rest of us that don't live there! Have some evidence/anecdotes?

Central City Concern has the Imani center, Urban League does rent assistance. There was just a low income fair market housing project that i helped with last year. There's a bunch of low income housing coming up this year.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Central City Concern doesn't really care about criminal background poo poo unless it's Arson/Sex offense or recent assaults etc. Really the way it should be.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

mango sentinel posted:

Portland is still the whitest big city in America and suffers from a lot of familiar forms of entrenched structural racism. I'm happy to hear good work is being done in Portland, but it's not exactly a beacon.

For sure. I just don't like my city being dragged down when i work with a bunch of people trying to fix the endemic racism and inequality, there are people trying to make this city better.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I agree with you? Where do you live?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

A city where white people are a minority

[/quote]That sounds loving rad.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 3, 2019

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

What a great first thing to see when i wake up. Today will certainly be a wonderful day!

Edit- He's making the face i make when i think about how screwed we all are lol

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

"This is when i told Cohen to do the crimes"

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Boooooooo. My dad got more than that for growing 20 plants of weed.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

All mods are cops, always nice to see some blue on blue.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

SocketWrench posted:

For some of us oldies it's memories of decades of apple getting the poo poo kicked out of it by everyone else that we have to overcome.

Do you have good memories of Apple? I'm actually serious. I just remember them being the computers i couldn't build or upgrade.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Majorian posted:

I’m an old who also remembers Apple being the underdog. I could not have had less interest in souping up computers (not that there’s anything wrong with people who do like to do that, of course), so I was just satisfied with having a machine that worked and was super user-friendly.

I'm 37 and didn't really get in to computers until 1996 or so. Maybe it's because i grew up in a low income household*
Edit* and i wanted to play counterstrike

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 9, 2019

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Our two school computers in grade school were macs yeah. I...didn't go to a normal middle school.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Dear Penthouse..

Oh gently caress tax! https://imgur.com/gallery/fwxGmIA

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I just had a catheter put in my dick so i can get my triple caramel latte down without a straw to own the libs. Science is bullshit anyways.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

empty whippet box posted:

This is amazing, it's like watching Jesse and Walter White get angry at each other in breaking bad, like you're both clearly assholes but let's see where this is going

"Let them fight" gif gets posted for the 756th time

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

No poo poo Ari. It should be "Bush lied, I lied, our whole administration lied, we got television and print media to motherfucking lie for us, and a million people died and we all got away with it gently caress you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Cable Guy posted:

Influenza like symptoms plus kidney/liver failure...? Like I said - "might" be a thing. It's a pretty good assumption that conditions in the facilities aren't five-star, so rodent vectors are probably in play. Add in the organ failure.

Not saying it is.... just that there's enough to think it could be.

Isn't that just what happens when you get sick and dehydrated trying to get in to this hosed up country though? I'm sure we gave him the best medical treatment we could too. Also Unicorns are real and one is my friend.