Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I've got a piece of paper with the words, "gently caress YOU" written on it for Scott Walker. Does anyone happen to know his forwarding address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Aggro posted:

I’m convinced Ted Cruz would’ve lost if candidates were required to put their birth names on the ballot. I feel like rural Texans would never vote for anyone named Rafael Cruz.

<image of Bobby Jindal painted as a white man.jpg>

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mueller, who headed the FBI, wasn't confirmed by the Senate.............

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

i missed the dogpile, but for gods sake don't vote for trump even if the DNC rigs the 2020 primaries. write in bernie sanders, write in someone from the PSL, write in gritty. there are plenty of options for not voting for hillary, biden, or whoever else bought the DNC in 2020 that don't involve voting for a racist clown.

Yet, as we've established time and again, a vote for anything other than the direct challenger to an evil candidate is not just a wasted vote, but could be one of 500 or 5000 that could have prevented the rise of such grotesqueness.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ITS HAPPENING!!!! we just have to wait.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Thalantos posted:

Dems slowly slowly have made my life worse.

In fact, I'll go out here and SPECIFICALLY call out the Obama administration for loving us over, by changing some standing policies in the federal government to make it easier for trans folks, but what did that do? It was a tokenesque handout, riled up republicans to the fact that trans folk even exist, and now rear end in a top hat in office took those away and then some from me and mine.

Sure, republicans make it worse faster, but dems are....not good on the issue.

If you do this with your post, the ridiculous nature of it becomes more apparent.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

What the gently caress are they spending the 200 million on if the soldiers don't have food or shelter? :psyduck:

Paying the companies that make the planes and vehicles to move the troops, and the tent makers, and the barbed wire factories.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

RuanGacho posted:

Also even at low wages, the volume of people there adds up.

What's the average pay? I'm assuming ~$2000 monthly? That ends up being around $30 million pm.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

There are literally hundreds of millions of acres of fallow land in the US. Hundreds of millions more still devoted to growing soybeans for export. None of these acres contain paramilitary troops willing to kill children and impale them on sticks. This country has the space, Mr. Cotton.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sweeper posted:

Holy poo poo how is this even legal, like I knew prisoners performed menial jobs for no pay but fighting loving fires??

The Private For Profit Prison System can use it as a charitable contribution for tax write off purposes, I'm sure.

Playing EVE for a year without the loving chaff of Goonswarm to profit endlessly off/with? That is some tough poo poo to do. Much respect.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 13, 2018

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

skylined! posted:

I can't wait until this piece of poo poo collapses and dies.

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1062461047892787204

Matt 7:22-23

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fart City posted:

There has been a notable uptick of thinkpieces about how badly McConnell has hosed up our government as of late. Makes you wonder how history will consider his legacy. It feels like there is a very good chance he’ll be (arguably deservedly) vilified more than Trump. I mean, both are heinous shitbags, but McConnell’s competency puts him ahead of Trump in terms of destructiveness to the institution, in my book.

Trump as a symptom of McConnellism no-doubt.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Confounding Factor posted:

Lol its like that Fox News graphic:

That's still 4 people out of 1000 without access to modern refrigeration. I'm no math person but if you have 1million poor households then that's like 4000 households without refrigeration.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Trees surviving fires because they're full of water and have evolved under the conditions of regular fires, whereas houses burning to the ground because they're made of dry wood and filled with flammable materials and gasses? It's a god damned energy laser cannon run by the liberal demoncrats you just can't make this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Not just the poors either. For example, most beachfront property in Florida is about ~25 years from being uninsurable, which will start being reflected in prices soon.
The entire city of New Orleans is another example of something that will be uninsurable* soon.

*underwater

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

Just looked at Charlie Kirk's twitter and holy poo poo, he is really obsessed with AOC.

Lonely, hatefilled, simpering men are often violently obsessed with proving that intelligent, funny, powerful women are not powerful, certainly not funny, and by no means ever intelligent.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Monaghan posted:

I'm guessing he started this before the dems won like 40 seats in the house and flipped a bunch of governorships and state legislatures.

He spent a week on that grass alone.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hahaha look at Trumps right leg. It’s like 6 feet long.

God drat. He also has clown feet. I'm glad the artist gave him an old man gut, even if it is 60lbs underweight.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress all American farmers.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

is this a hot take or a satirical expression of Donald Trump's functional position

It's both. Mexican farmers, those are some good people. They come all the way to Colorado to grow bell peppers for us to eat while all these loving natives grow soybeans and corn that help nobody except maybe cows and those sure as gently caress aren't doing anyone any good either.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Hell yeah I love it when . . . poor people and minorities suffer?

You do realize who actually work those farms right.

Automated John Deer tractors.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Yeah I too make poo poo up to so I can pretend migrant laborers don't exist

Migrant laborers are not collecting soybeans; They're here in Colorado picking bell peppers. I already mentioned them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Yinlock posted:

guys rurals aren't racist goblins, they're a bunch of frustrated people in a dire situation who keep getting promised the moon by liars

I mean yes there's a couple GOOD OL BOYS YE HAW I LOVE ME SOME RACISM in there but it isn't all of them, everyone else has been massively disenfranchised by the center-right tennis match(with the center pretending to be the left) giving them the impression that both sides won't make things any better for them

You can say the same basic thing about cops.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kale posted:

I have absolutely no idea what that guy particularly stands for other than a Democratic party line vote.
He stands for: Boycotting Israel is illegal.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Majorian posted:

Well, the potential threat of nuclear war probably should give them pause, no matter how filthy rich they are. (and yes, they are absurdly rich)

Let's not forget that life and the world and the universe look different from the vantage point of being born into no suffering.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

HRC just hopped onto the shelf occupied by Cheney, Kissinger, et al, which is useful if we're going to move this loving behemoth further left. Good riddance.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Skex posted:

If you follow your hosed up logic to it's natural conclusion, if centrists are no better than active intentional Nazis and the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi where does that logic go?
UHC, UBI, generations of children raised on the ideas of compassion and cooperation, and ultimately a far more utopian outcome than the hellscape of corpses you're envisioning.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

In true <Garrison is a Waste and an Idiot> fashion, there are only 4.5 fish puns in that whole cartoon.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Logic Probed posted:

Decades upon decades screaming about Marks of the Devil from barcodes to credit cards, along with a general fear and hatred for government surveillance, I cannot help but imagine any major platform for introducing this will result in near-riots and Vietnam protest levels of major disobedience.
Except that people who believe in the book of revelations voted for and elected the antichrist.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Why is it any time I see an article constructed like this I picture it's the sleaziest reporter in the company who manages to come up with the most absurd angles so that they can write just one more article about sex workers.

Sounds like a good way for the mexican cartels to make some easy ransom money

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm thinking about starting up a Special Burn Victims Fund for AOC, where we each drop a dollar into an account every time she drops a bomb on someone through Twitter, and at the end of the month we send it to her and she uses it to buy groceries.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

If you wondered whether there was a way to make a warewolf look uncool, Ted Cruz figured it out.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

Other issue post:

Let's talk about licensing. The Obama Administration did a study where Occupational Licensing only leads to unemployment, is not pro-consumer, and sometimes even runs afoul of the Sherman/Clayton acts.

For instance, up until recently in some states:

1. You had to prove 1500 hours of study to be a cosmetologist. I can understand this if you were a doctor but...spending that amount of time and money for a job that makes $12/hour? I don't know.

2. Optometrists only require licensing because quite literally they bribed a sitting senator to lobby for them when such a thing was legal.

Don't even get me started on the bar exam, which is just a siphon which primarily prevents jews, minorities, and poor people from becoming lawyers and serves virtually no other function.

Where is this going? If we really want to defeat unemployment and reduce barriers to entry, licensing for most professions have to be modified or have to go altogether. This is also the chief barrier from preventing translational job transition: IE turning coal miners into solar energy laborers.

/rant

Ask me about what's required to be a tattoo artist in Denver, Colorado

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

More or less onerous than opening a dispensary?
It takes thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours less to become a tattoo artist than it does a hair dresser; you must take an online bloodborne pathogen test, have somewhere to work, and then pay $25.
Plus, you don't have to tattoo anything in front of a panel of judges to prove aptitude.
In some of the sprawl cities, you don't even need a lisence. Just passing a bbp test and having that certification is enough to rock and roll.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

If I wasn't sure I'd be deported for it I'd be writing a letter to Mr Schumer right now.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

skylined! posted:

How frequently to cattle ranchers employ undocumented workers and benefit from the lack of payroll taxes?

Great point; only when a situation explicitly effects a Republican does it acknowledge the nature of the problem it refused to even see before.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Deified Data posted:

I'm struggling to find the supposed joke in half of these but this one is especially head-scratching. What am I missing here?

Nothing, religion is inherently humorless.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Oh I suspect there is probably a lot of simple life, actually. But probably nothing much more complex than prokaryotic life almost anywhere, or literally everywhere else in the universe, that is habitable to it. I.e. think the Great Filter is behind us. I am an optimist.

You mean you're a narcissist.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Tibalt posted:

SNAP is way too stingy and too difficult to qualify, imo, but I think the program is fundamentally sound, and I don't really mind tying it directly to farm subsidies because it keeps everyone mostly on board with it.

Me, my partner, and our unborn child got $500 a month from SNAP in Louisiana, when she was a student and I was making $20k as a tattooer, and anything I didn't spend carried over to the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Quick someone DM AOC on IG and get her to start yelling on the internet about it.