Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
since it's 1.5 hours left for me, I'm just posting to get a last little bit of 2018 stink on this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

axelblaze posted:

Anthem demo with pre-order (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – January 25

also, lmao

May 8, 2006

2019-style shoutout to the lord of the rings online forums for remembering my birthday

May 8, 2006

i enjoyed poe2 all the way though, and dos2 got obnoxious by the end of the first act

May 8, 2006

Yeah Deadfire rules, though I haven't played the 2nd or 3rd DLC packs yet

May 8, 2006

please name the dog 'scooter'

May 8, 2006

fortnite is alright and ninja sucks

thank you for allowing me to make my first piping hot take of 2019

May 8, 2006

mutata posted:

That's one of my general goals this year, actually. If I'm not gonna work on projects some nights in favor of relaxing, I might as well actively choose to do so via games instead of YouTube or getting stuck in an internet loop.

:same:

Though I've got a couple of nights of waffling about what kind of character to make for my next baldurs gate playthrough

May 8, 2006

Good luck VideoGames! I'll be sure to troll your thread by implying you didn't really beat various games because you didn't do some minor side task

May 8, 2006

DD is a great short session game, but it's also extremely filler heavy and doesn't come close to justifying the length of a campaign.

May 8, 2006

Thinking about DD gave me an idea for a question: What long games do y'all think justify their length?

The podcast Watch Out for Fireballs just did a 4 part show on Baldurs Gate 2, which I think does. The other IE games do a decent job as well, and maybe Pillars 2. Also, at least for the main game, DQXI. The post game was a bit sloggy and the bosses there kinda blended together since they were kind of pushing up against the limit of what they could do to make them challenging.

May 8, 2006

How many slurs is he allowed before we can hate on him, and how many doxings equal a slur

May 8, 2006

Hi, is this tech support? After the latest update my sexbot won't stop saying gamer words.

Also the actual horrifying thing about sexbots is that they will 100% collect your sex data to be sold

May 8, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

How many times did Kole and Gary use the word "articulate"? Their overuse of that word has finally and completely turned me off of the duckfeed.tv network.

To be honest I didn't notice, so either not much or I've learned to tune it out and I might lean towards the latter

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

sexbots will have the bonus effect that only weirdos with a human fetish will have children, causing populations to plummet and saving the planet

fetishists and those of us too poor to afford a sexbot. No shame in a meat mate imo

May 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

if people had real-life friends anymore.

you're all my real life friends

May 8, 2006

a lifehack i learned for going to garbage, boozeless theaters is to sneak bottles of liquor inside your jnco jeans

May 8, 2006

you've likely already tried them, but harvest moon/rune factory/stardew?

May 8, 2006

it may be a kids these days thing, but I feel pretty confident that the content I consumed as a child was far less likely to point me towards white nationalist propaganda

i guess that's more youtube than twitch though

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

uh huh yeah that's why they don't like the racial slurs they're jealous

I'll call each and every one of you a slur for the chance to floss in front of a crowd in nyc

May 8, 2006

Here's a question for y'all - what's the closest you've been to 100%/platinum in a game before giving up?

For me, it was Dark Souls 2. All I had left was two or three achievements, both for having all spells of a specific type, and I was only missing one spell each. All of then required either a ton of PvP or playing deep into new game++, and with Bloodborne about to release I ended up bailing. I liked PvP in DS2 so I wouldn't have minded, but I believe one of the spells required you to get X number of points in a dueling arena, which you could lose if you lost, and I'm way not into big grinds that you can lose progress on.

May 8, 2006

I don't usually bother with plats either, but I got hit with the combo of loving ds2 and being super hype for bloodborne

I kept considering doing it for Doom 2016 but never got around to it

May 8, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

Doom 2016 has some of my least favorite flavor of cheeves which are ones that make you play the undercooked multiplayer that you would have otherwise never touched.

Yeah I think that's part of why I never did it

Also I am lazy and shiftless

May 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The Insane in the Membrane achievement in WoW.

It requires you to raise your reputation to Exalted with a number of very specific minor factions, some of which you begin at Unfriendly or Hated, that typically only have one repeatable quest that award like 250 rep per turn-in out of the ~30,000 or so you need.

Mine is fat less actively hateful but the collect X mounts achievement, where it only counts the mounts that any given character can currentl ride. So you can hit the requirement but not get the unlock because no individual can ride all the mounts. It's minor but it's such petty bean-county bullshit to keep a reward out of your hands for just that much longer.

May 8, 2006

As a kid, like most of my NES and SNES games I got Earthbound used, and it didn't come with anything but the cartridge. I thought the game was broken when I started instantly winning battles, and when I got the control reversing mushroom.

May 8, 2006

I think in WoW at least it's both, though they keep the real money stuff out of game since I think it's against the rules.

May 8, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I didn’t think that happened anymore. WoW raids now are done with random players and everyone gets gear each boss kill.

I think it's just for the achievement, titles and mounts really.

Once or twice I've seen it justified as an alternate progression path - instead of working your way up the raiding ladder, you do other poo poo and amass money then buy your way around it.

May 8, 2006

If I remember 2001 correctly, many people disliked Tidus because he looked too feminine and a lot of it is probably still that but papered over a bit

Tidus and his pants are cool though

May 8, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

Tie-dus is good

Tee-dus is extremely bad

May 8, 2006

More like re-Jecht

May 8, 2006

Related, when I got my PS2, with it I got FFX, MGS2, Devil May Cry and GTA3. It was probably the strongest start to a console I'll ever have, save for maybe the NES.

May 8, 2006

Truthfully, I actually decide what is and isn't a JRPG so just ask and I'll let you know.

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

are Japanese-style western-made RPGs like Undertale JRPGs?

I'd say so, but tbh I never got behind the strict geographical interpretation of this stuff

May 8, 2006

in my day we had FIR2, LIT2, and CUR2 and also a bunch of other spells that I didn't really understand how they worked at the time

May 8, 2006

that's true but by god we tried a bunch of bullshit and had tons of wild theories

Most of the arguments around FF1 we had was about what was the best party, and we ragged on the dude who insisted that 3 fighter/red mage was the true path

May 8, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Someone please stop gamers

I've placed a bottle of Bawls energy drink on top of a pit trap, so I've done my part

May 8, 2006

Nintendo is not actually powerful enough to stop her

May 8, 2006

what's the best superboss

May 8, 2006

Crystal chronicles with online matchmaking so I can get called slurs for not carrying the bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

I've never been horny.