Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mr. Apollo posted:

That June Moone / Enchantress transformation “handshake” is really cool.

Yeah, it really is. I really should give the DC movies another shake, I liked BvS and Birds Of Prey well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Ferrinus posted:

Wonder Woman is interesting because it's almost a direct inversion of Man of Steel in several places. Like there's a part where WW's true mission objective lies ahead, but there's a little town being menaced by bad guys on the way, so she stops to heroically save the town and then have a nice moment with her love interest!

Then the real threat present at her original destination launches its gas bombs or whatever and depopulates massive swathes of territory, the quaint little town included. Oops! But this isn't reflected on as a prioritization/triage error, just, you know, something very sad for Wonder Woman and co.

I've seen Wonder Woman, but haven't seen Man of Steel. That should make for an interesting comparison when I finally do.

I haven't seen Aquaman yet.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Has there been any word on if DC Universe will continue, or will it's content get folded into HBOMax and the former shut down? Between the movies I've been meaning to see, Static Shock and Brave and the Bold, it's looking pretty tempting.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

feedmyleg posted:

The Superman series gave us Gilbert Godfried as Mr. Mxyzptlk for which I will be eternally grateful.

feedmyleg posted:

Supporting, nothing! The DCU should just adapt the episode where Superman hilariously makes Mxyzptlk spell his name a dozen times, effortlessly outsmarting him at every turn and endlessly frustrating him. No bigger conflict, no teamup, no crossover, no melodrama. Just do that for 2 hours and everything that came before will be forgiven.

:hai:

I loved Superman: The Animated Series so much, that's part of why I found the N64 Superman game such a disappointment. Honestly, the various animated shows of the 90's/00's are what's most tempting to me about DC Universe

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Neo Rasa posted:

I will always laugh that they got the murderverse name just because the characters aren't cracking a quip as they kill people. And then the absolutely hilariously low body count the Avengers 1 battle was given in Civil War despite it involving massive dragon spaceships flying through skyscrapers in Midtown.

Yep, no-kill rules have always been about killing "important" people. Goon #2 getting his head bounced off the pavement doesn't count, unless you already don't like the character/movie.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

KVeezy3 posted:

I remember this distinction being made explicit once in a youtube video about a kill count for Iron Man in the MCU lol.

Isn't it weird how nobody calls Iron Man a murderer, even though he totally is? I wonder how he's any different from BvS Batman in that respect.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Guy A. Person posted:

Civil War was on syfy yesterday and holy crap Tony Stark suuuuckkkks. Even beyond being a rich murderer he is just an emotionally manipulative dickhead to all his colleagues. But at the same time they all basically tip toe around him. Cap spend half the movie with this apologetic look on his face because he feels bad about disagreeing with Tony’s fascism.

LOL, Civil War. There'd been what, a dozen other films where the various Avengers go around killing by the hun...dozens, but nobody cares until Americans Wakandans die.

McSpanky posted:

The biggest cop-out in the entire MCU is when Cap wins the fight with Tony and doesn't bring the shield down on his head.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the whole set-up makes even less sense than it did before. Hawkeye killed innocent people under mind-control and not even he's bothered about it after Avengers, but Bucky doing it is unforgivable? I guess it works to make Tony look like the petty jackass he is, but why doesn't anyone else bring that up?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Edward Mass posted:

The Reeves Superman movies just got added to HBO Max, along with, for some reason, Fant4stic.

Wow, really? I'm actually considering HBO Max now, right now I've only got Netflix, Hulu, and Curiosity Stream as my streaming services of choice. Goddess, it really is becoming cable again isn't it?

EDIT:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ray Fisher is being a little bit more explicit about his feelings

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1278362556214755329

On the one hand, I wonder just how bad Joss was. On the other, it's not really my business. I'm sorry for the cast and crew that had to work under him and such terrible conditions.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 1, 2020

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Seriously not looking forward to ‘Superhero Cinematic Multiverses!’ being the trend suddenly forced by every studio, simultaneously.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Superhero movies really are speedrunning the history of the comics.

Yeah, it's darkly hilarious. It's not like I'll be watching them, but I don't really like the ramifications for film.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The endpoint of this twisted line of logic is clearly that Leonidas should be in Mortal Kombat.

You say that like it's wrong or something.

josh04 posted:

Ridiculous to suggest that the film would have dared leave out this central aspect of the classic character, Iron Man:

:allears:
More characters should have roller skates.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

‘Suicide Squad’ is now the official term for any team of superheroes.

Any team as in more than one, or do you need at least three to count as a squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

thrawn527 posted:

I thought everyone was exaggerating about WW84. They were not. That is one mess of a movie.

Like, the first half was slow but decent, if a little uneven. But it goes off the rails in the second half. And the last 30 minutes or so is just pants-on-head nuts. Wow.

Is it pants-on-head nuts in a fun way, at least? It sounds terrible.