Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Can’t wait for folks to steamroll the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra with the team of Level 100 Uber’s they built in 2019 and then whine that the game is for babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Solovey posted:

speaking as someone who overall liked SwSh, shortcomings and all: i guess in theory the concept of doing DLC expansions instead of separate enhanced versions is a better way of going about adding new content to old games, especially considering that it already looks like quite a bit more new content than we ended up with in USUM, but mark me down as skeptical that GF will accurately balance this content for players who are already at endgame

assuming of course that it will actually be balanced for the endgame and not, say, players still in the middle of the base campaign who want to jump right into the new content, because if not, then, uh. oof

you could always bench your main team and put together a new one using Pokémon local to the expansion areas I guess :shrug:
I definitely prefer DLC over buying a second version but the balance wrt the leveling curve is probably gonna be weird

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/ermacvevo/status/1215295845073113089?s=21
lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reasonableist Ursaring

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The fake leaks saying the dex goes up to 600+ after beating the game were right. They just forgot about needing to slip 30 bux.

the Pokémon will be added to the game data in an update which means you can get them through trading without buying the dlc

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Eimi posted:

So I just want to drive by and say I think the expansions look cool, I appreciate expansions over a second version, but why gods why did you loving bring back the tapus and genies?! :argh:

The Tapus rule, wtf

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

It's like the same pokemon 4 times.

They all have unique sihoulettes and distinct personalities! Don’t act like this is the same kinda situation as the Gen 5 monkeys

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 9, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

-Towns being like 2 houses and a pokecenter at best most of the time

isn’t that how most towns are in most Pokémon games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zore posted:

Usually you had some bigger cities to break things up like Celedon/Saffron, Lumoise City, Nimbasa, Mauville, Goldenrod etc.

uh...so does this game? :confused:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

however much work you assume it takes to make something in a game, the actual answer is always “more, a lot more than that”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my favorite part of Kirby lore is the legendary warrior who keeps on getting tossed throughout time, immediately getting his rear end kicked by Kirby/Meta Knight, and then getting tossed into another time period to immediately get his rear end kicked again, like Sweet Bro endlessly falling down stairs. his story has unfolded throughout the games in reverse order, starting with his death

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the 2D one looks better tbqh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Use the master ball on a wooloo so you can take it online and people will be like “Wtf why did he use his master ball on a wooloo”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the arms are for hugs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

toon ganondorf

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think y'all got Ultra Wormholed to the wrong thread. Get those Ultra Posts out of here!

toon ganondorf should be in pokemon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cancel mainline Pokémon and just make more Mystery Dungeon games with the art style of the new remake.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheHan posted:

Pokémon Twilight Wings episode 2 just dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOSoQxSHKKE

Please be nice to my son, Machoke.

Isn’t a punch from a Machamp supposed to be able to level buildings? :stare:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t think that has ever been the case?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

big beautiful wailords

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the part of this video that always kills me is when Regice attacks Ash and it's just like
"Regice Re-Re-Regice Regice"
"Regice!?"
"Regiiiiiiiiiice"
"Ah! Regice!"

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 17, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think the issue with the legendaries being guaranteed but only one-time prizes is that within a week or two all of the half-decent players will have gotten their one legendary and then it will be dead content and you'll be stuck getting matched with Little Timmy borrowing his big brother's Switch, a shiny farmer that will disconnect as soon as the battle starts, and an AI that does nothing but spam protect

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

extremely powerful

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's an updated visual of what made it in / got purged:

White is what's purged. :rip:

Gen 2 got massacred

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I miss Ampharos and Phanpy :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gen 3 was also before attacks were given their own physical or special properties. whether an attack was physical or special was still based entirely on the move's type, so you still had cases where a pokemon like Kingler or Flareon would be hosed because they're built for physical attacks but all Water- or Fire-type attacks were based on Special Attack. Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, all special attacks, gently caress you if you teach them to your Fighting Pokemon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kirios posted:

OH COOL EIGHT GAMES IN A ROW WITH A LANDORUS IN IT I SURE AM GLAD THIS rear end in a top hat IS BACK

hey at least they didn't bring back the monkey trio

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Charmander learned Rain Dance!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the remake looks fine to me :shrug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

people are posting pictures going like "oh god what is this :barf:" and, like, it just looks like a Pokemon game?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It looks like a big trash pokemon

so it looks like the best pokemon then?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

galagazombie posted:

legit looks like it could run on a DS.

no it doesn't lmao
when's the last time you looked at a DS game?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Muscle Tracer posted:

it literally looks worse than sun and moon IMHO

I don't see it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Muscle Tracer posted:

vs.

every single thing that is not the resolution looks better to me in sun/moon. it's actually, you know, imaginative and has character.

even if you don't buy that argument, do you really think it looks anywhere near as good as their last port/remake? how can that be anything other than a tremendous step backwards from this:

the main difference I see between these 3 images besides resolution is that one of them deliberately has less realistic character proportions and one of them takes place in Hawaii, otherwise I have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

galagazombie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ll-U379oE

This was a literal launch title for the DS. Saying that the DS couldn't run at the least the overworld we were shown is facetious. Despite the fact few developers took advantage of it, the DS was actually capable of some gnarly 3D stuff. Hell ORAS is more advanced looking than this.

sir, that's an N64 game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

Pokemon tells us we should be friends with our partners, digimon tells us that perhaps we could be more than friends....

don't try to stand there and act like pokemon is free of sin when lopunny and mega lopunny exist

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao loving sleepwalked through 99% of Pokemon Sword only for Leon's Dragapult to suddenly wipe my entire team.
Difficulty in Pokemon games is so fuckin weird

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If cynthia’s garchomp doesnt bully 10-year olds it will officially be a Bad Remake

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

chairman rose is a spectacularly bad villain and the pacing of sword and shield's finale is really awkward thanks to having the tournament be interrupted twice, with the first interruption turning out to be over something completely frivolous.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Has anyone been playing Pokemon Xenoverse? I just beat the first gym and I'm pretty shocked at how good it is already for a fangame. Good production values too.

I remember seeing the font of the title and thinking "wow that looks awful" but that's all.
Watching gameplay now and what immediately catches my attention is that the battles are Gen V-style, in that they use animated sprites and move along at an actually reasonable pace. So that's already scoring big points in my book.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

should've just called them "Pokemon Supernova and Penumbra", "Pokemon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon" is way too wordy, try saying that out loud, it's exhausting.