Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

kntfkr posted:

is that a bedazzled necktie on a gold chain?

Close, it's a metal tie necklace; the tie is about half the size of a real one. My sister had one like that in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Hedenius posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1457524989578686466?s=21

I’m not sure I wanna know what Nathen is doing with Lambs and Sheep. And what the hell is BoEATS?

He actually uses "stay browsed" instead of "stay tuned." Nathen: it doesn't have to be LITERAL

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Isometric Bacon posted:

I'm baffled that none of these huge companies with their brand marketing teams who purchased Garfield licenses for movies and tv shows and other big media products aren't doing anything about this crazy weirdo spouting to be the brand manager / deserved voice over artist / celibate lover of Garfield all over their social media efforts, because he paid to plaster the license on a pizza shop.

Did Jim Davis split the sale rights so granuarly that there's gently caress all they can do about it? At any rate, big respect to the man for min maxing the profitablility of his franchise like that and I hope Mazri retains his license and keeps us entergaged for years to come.

I honestly don't think anyone really notices, and the people who noticed don't care. Nathen is an absolute nothing, he has literally zero impact on the Garfield brand. He briefly raised a little curiosity when he started, now the only people still paying attention to him are us. It'd probably be more effort to take the licencing away than to keep forgetting about him.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I think some of it, at least, is affected speech that Nathen uses to sound forceful and unique. It's the verbal version of his stupid open-mouth expression

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Elephant Ambush posted:

Whenever I see Mickey Mouse I think "boring cartoons for boring people". And those cartoons are old as gently caress. Other than the video games he's been in what has Mickey actually done in the last 20 years? Almost nothing.

They're still making Mickey Mouse cartoons and comics, the same way new Garfield stuff comes out. It's just that no one cares that much

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

I’m picturing Nathen in his orange suit making a Garf sales pitch to a bunch of Saudi princes in a palace somewhere and lmao

You absolutely know it has happened at some point.

I feel like it's almost happened a few times, and it was diverted only by the speed of the receptionist and the grace of God

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Nathen isn't a good dancer, and I'm pretty sure you can see him counting steps at one part lol

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Elephant Ambush posted:

Watch the whole thing, cowards

I did, and the drunk old lady is the best character. Go, pushy inebriated personification of the US!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

pseudanonymous posted:

I wish he would he’d go berserk with his transparent sock puppeting. Though it would probably get sad really fast.

I would much rather that Nathen never finds out about this thread, and he continues his beautiful insanity untainted by our influence. It would probably hurt his feelings, and reality does that enough

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

sharknado slashfic posted:

Someone got him to do a "stairs" reference on cameo sometime last year(?), with an added reference to "SA" so it's technically possible he lurks here

LOL that you think Nathen wouldn't very publicly lose his poo poo if he found this thread. That cameo was super vague, he didn't even know what SA stood for

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I guess you all missed the "technically" in my post

There is no "technically," he doesn't know what Something Awful is and he's literally incapable of playing cool and lying low

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Yaldabaoth posted:

This really feels like it's building up to something catastrophic.

Pun intended.

It's going to be a stupid, overdramatic wet fart of nothing

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Mega64 posted:

It was really ruined by unsympathetic landmonsters.

Nathen is possibly the only person who could make me side with the landlord instead of the tenant

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Well I'll be damned. Still, I can't wait to see what Nathen does next. A sequel to Arabiolosis?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He also has bipolar disorder, which might explain some of his really insane Instagram posts about Covid and stuff

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Futanari Damacy posted:

Nah I don't think he loves or cares deeply about Garfield. This all seems like a bizarre act.

He loved Garfield enough to write about it in his book, I'm pretty sure. GOD, it's like none of you guys do the required reading

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's exhausting to think about for too long honestly.

This is true

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

CodfishCartographer posted:

Clean
Label
Product

I could listen to him say "product" all day

YouTube loving recommended this video to me, what am I doing with my life?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Can we talk about the name of his new venture, 1% For the Planet? What the gently caress is this? Does he mean the richest 1%, because holy poo poo on many levels if that's what he means. If this is a pivot towards The Rich Will Save Us All, I am strapped in and ready to see where he takes it, because let's be honest: NONE of us could ever predict what Nathen is going to do next

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Fail? Fail. I'm predicting fail.

I mean, you'd think that, but his dad probably has a lot more money and is still willing to part with some of it, if it keeps Nathen in Canada

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

CodfishCartographer posted:

On this topic, has there been any actual evidence he's actually gay and repressing it beyond armchair psychology and him being somewhat effeminate? There's plenty to make fun of with Nathen without needing to make up stuff.

It's in his book, on the review someone on the thread did of his book, and right on the previous page, dumbass

Before anyone asks, Nathen has also openly talked about having bipolar disorder, so that's not just making things up to mock him. I don't think anyone is mocking him for being gay or having a mental illness, anyway, just Nathen himself

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

is there supposed to be sound for that video?

Which song do you think it was supposed to be? Bastardized version of "I'm Too Sexy?"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Yaldabaoth posted:

I just noticed that Nathen's face looks like he smoothed it out in photoshop, which is a testament to how weird his face is because that's how he normally looks.

That's probably makeup and photo editing. Heavy foundation gives you that smooth, poreless look if you do it right

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress yeah, Nathen, please pivot into politics

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I am so loving excited for this documentary, we should have a watch party when it comes out

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I'm content to just live-post in this thread, but whatever

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

TRY-UPS, NOT START-UPS

I love when Nathan creates new words

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Is fuked supposed to be some clever way around saying hosed? That’s as bad as “sexcy”

I'm gonna guess a misspelling. Not everything Nathen does needs to be interpreted like an oracle

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I want to hear Nathen's audition for Garfield. You know he made one

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Empty Sandwich posted:

this is the point where things start to become sad

Every time someone says that, without fail, Nathen comes through with another innovadea (that's an "innovation" crossed with an "idea") and breathes new life into our entergagement

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

So he was at death's door a few days ago and now he's in Dubai with some random woman who is his best friend but has never been mentioned at any time in the last 3 years

Manic phase

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Futanari Damacy posted:

Oxytocin is "the love hormone" and afaik sex is literally the only way to get it

It's produced by a lot of activities, like child birth, breastfeeding, yoga, petting an animal, and listening to music. Bonding between people stimulates and is stimulated by oxytocin production

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nathen create an account here and I'll sticky this thread :toxx:

No one tell Nathen we exist. It's better for him to never know that SA stands for anything except Saudi Arabia

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

It's Nathfield's world, we're just entergaging in it

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

reignofevil posted:

i regret ever having questioned MAALIK-UL-MULK

Just to let everyone know, Maalik ul-Mulk is one of the names of Allah, so we've got "Religious Fervor" in the mix here

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

deedee megadoodoo posted:

MAALIK-UL-MULK is the thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day

That's the Garfield greeting that we sent to you from the land of entergage

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Killingyouguy! posted:

How the gently caress is a plane dumping fuel Greta thunbergs fault

I think he's calling her attention to the fuel dump, not blaming her

He's really obsessed with the "Youth is an asset" thing, it's everywhere in all of his concepts and ads, whether it belongs or not. Developing an app? Opening a restaurant? Working as a flight attendant? Licensing intellectual property? Youth is an asset, across the board!

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 10, 2022

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Elephant Ambush posted:

"Good job @GretaThunberg" is not calling attention to something, it's sarcasm and it's either blaming her directly or trying to say that her UN speech didn't fix all the world's environmental problems.

Like someone else said, he's incredibly loving stupid and has no idea how to communicate like a regular person.

Or a sarcastic "Good job" at the airline and the @ was to get her attention, grammar and punctuation aren't Nathen's strong suit when he's in a snit

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Yaldabaoth posted:

Always bugged me how there's only one black person in that picture and he's crammed all the way over to the side and is often cropped out of the image altogether.

Why do you suck so bad and post so much?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Man, going back to the first page is a loving trip, remember those innocent days?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

:lol: Yeah, Nathen, I super believe you, there's no way that you got a form letter from his agent thanking you for your interest at this time but Mr. Gottfried is currently unavailable (if that much even happened)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Matlack Radio posted:

His future visage haunts the pictureframe glass. A looming specter of entergagement.

The early days of experimenting with duck lips in every single photo