Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
From my point of view jedis are evil :smuggo:

Make a story about jedi just meddling in regular people's lives and only doing more damage despite having the best intentions. Jedi are already annoying paladin type, realize it as a scifi aciton comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Bortus posted:

I’m glad to see lando is in it. Hoping they can pigeonhole some other people I remember from other Star Wars movies into it

The trashcan robot and the little mouse bot better make an appearance! Also another fat slug thing and tentacle hole and trash octopus imo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Skywalker Farm: The Truth They Don't Want You To Know.

Jedi ghosts? WOOKIES? ALIENS!?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hairy Busey posted:

I identify as Yoda: a gross little man who lives in a swamp and trolls both sides

Yoda's love.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Like I've said before, if 4-6 were a WW2 allegory, the sequels should've been a Cold War spy series with both sides having Death Stars to represent mutually assured destruction.

That would actually be kind of cool. So it'll never happen.

No matter the circumstances, it has to be plucky heroes against overwhelming empire!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The New Republic Freedom Star has assured the spread of democracy, order and peace across the galaxy. But is it really such a beacon of good and lawful power as its projected to be? A young Jedi gets dragged into a conspiracy that stretches far beyond the outer rim. Black sites? Old imperial measures and agents? The deeper it goes, the darker it gets.

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Freedom Star with a large "mission accomplished" banner. President Luke Skywalker giving impassioned speech.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hairy Busey posted:

You mean President Han Solo

Yer right. A tricky scoundrel to the end. I'm thinking he turns into space Nixon, and ends up opposed by the jedis whom he watergates.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Rebels will use individually piloted fighters to kamikaze empire

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

skasion posted:

do you think obi wan cut his junk off

Much possible is, with the force.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Star war never changes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'd like to get away from these star wars and zoom into the exciting life of a small-time jizz wailer.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I want to see that blue elephant from cantina but as an elite pilot and rake, with two bodacious alien babes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The lightsaber is a metaphor, for a man's shaft, you see. It goes up and down and sometimes makes a fun y noise.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pal Patine.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think solo was a fun romp but that robot character was a hosed up caricature of progressive movements.

Disney Wars not very good.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hairy Busey posted:

The prequels are far more.memoriablr than the Disney movies, and indeed are better movies. Just watch them in a foreign language without subtitles and they are actually pretty decent

That was my experience with the prequels, at least the first two, and yeah they are so much better without the English audio. You lose the racist as gently caress accents, poo poo doesn't sound as dumb and the story just looks like underpolished space opera with impressive (for its time) effects.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You know what would make the first order work?
Just get rid of nu death star, keep them the same bunch of neo-imperial losers but they figure out how to use spaceships like relativistic missiles with Force or whatever. So they 9/11 coruscant, and the rest follows existing material.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Nobody. No. Body.

OK Rey was definitely fathered (and possibly birthed) by the disembodied spirit of Palpatine.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Luke's disappearing act wasn't an off screen death, he just learned Force Teleport and will be doing it all the time to everyone's annoyance.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Fanboys rise up

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you think watto was bad just wait till you see Jar Jar Binks!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Wait I thought jedis were supposed to be Jewish.
Jedaism, Judaism...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Applewhite posted:

It would explain the stylized priestly breastplate Vader wears...

And he's definitely circumcised!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What happened to Jar Jar in Revenge of the Sith anyways? He basically disappeared from the movies by then right?

He should have delivered Annie's babies instead of that dumb robot imo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

SciFiDownBeat posted:

He served as padme's proxy in the Senate while she was pregnant and was the one who proposed ceding emergency powers to sheev which allowed him to take power

Best part of the movie by the way

Yeah but imagine how much more epic it would be if he also pulled the babbies out of padme and be like "Uh oh! Twin babbies" and drop one on the floor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

Ok, where does it say the emperor's name was Sheev? And, is it short for Sheeven?

Sheeverus actually.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Any-kin

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Death star ruins inhabited by mad mutant ewoks wearing scraps of storm trooper uniforms.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

In OT, space ghost good. In ST, space ghost bad! My expectations about force ghosts are subverted.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's cool if you put a deathstick in your butt, the Force will never know!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Why was a guy selling loose cigarettes in a bar anyway? Were cigarettes illegal in the Space Weimar Republic?

Just heavily taxed. Jedi sin taxes, you know? They could have sauntered in to any ol' space trading post and gotten perfectly legal death sticks but paid 3 times as much!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Peak space oil

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Solo was infinitely more watchable imo. I tried to hit up Last Jedi on Netflix and couldn't get past the loving chase scene.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

skasion posted:

Well I mean yeah, that’s the point. It’s an important part of how Lucas sets up the prequel Jedi as morally limited if not outright corrupt. Slavery has always been a big part of the Star Wars universe (think how C3PO and R2D2 are treated, like literal hardware to be auctioned off, not allowed in bars, even though we know they are basically people). How is this compatible with Jedi “for a thousand generations”? The whole question that the prequels are created to answer is essentially “if you’re so smart, how come you ain’t rich” to the Jedi. If they were so good and wise, how did two guys wipe them out? And why would someone genuinely good, like Anakin once was, convince himself that it was right to do so? Answer: they weren’t that good. They — even the good ones like Qui-Gon — let evil go on everywhere, telling themselves it was none of their business, until it bit their asses right off. Anakin being a slave whom they hypocritically free because it serves them is what shapes his whole attitude to the order’s moral teaching.

So what you are saying is, the rebels - what an apt name, by the way - are basically Confederate rising up again and again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe the bad guy, Chester Chesterton, is tracking his memaw through force and the tracking button doesn't work and is just a button.

And the ship blew up because it was full of space dynamite not some relativistic kill missile.

Plot holes fixed!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Truth hurts bud. If you ever tell your kid that his dog is going to the farm or replace his dead brainless gold fish with an identical one, you are basically chaotic evil.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

skasion posted:

You know what really sucks about the prequels? We never see any of the Jedi Masters’ bedrooms. I bet Yoda has a sweet pad.

I think they showed Yoda bachelor pad/meditation chamber. It wasn't great.

Mooey Cow posted:

In earlier revisions of TPM, the Jedi wore more elaborate clothes, but this was changed at some point to the desert farmer outfit Obi-wan wears in the OT, and it's been said they wear these simple robes to symbolize their compassion for the lowliest people in the galaxy or something like that. Which of course is massively hypocritical as they spend most of their time actually running errands for the most powerful, and when they actually encounter those whose clothes they wear, they do very little to help them; Obi-wan even considering Anakin "another pathetic lifeform".

So what you're saying is that jedis should sell dark side indulgences?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe when they said Vader hunted down and killed like a million jedis, he was just going after random moisture farmers in lovely robes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah living on tattoine is like the one not dumb decision the old man makes.