Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
started listening to trueanon, checked out the 9/11 ones and the koch bros ones, and xaris recommended the spider network ones.

any other older episodes worth checking out first? thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:cheers:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i just started listening to trueanon a bit ago, but podcasters are the new left? buh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

escape while you still can

also no. only amongst terminally online weirdos whose start and end point is posting on twitter or tumblr and then mad calling everyone nazbols or something

that said it would be dumb to discredit all podcast-y poo poo entirely from 2016 onward, just like it would be dumb to discredit 2003-6 Daily Show as having no influence at all in anti-bush admin sentiment. certainly its an outlet for people who "am i just insane, why are all these libs sucking off conservatives putrefying dicks and doing all these war crimes while complaining about privilege and not enough pussy hats?? why are we giving money to rich people and complaining about the deficit and media nods along as if this is normal?" and some way of getting synthesized information outside of just curated NPR/MSNBC horseshit.

yeah i just see it as a continuation of revolutions or hardcore history, but just discussing modern day poo poo.

trueanons been good for like summarizing/condensing stuff that's happened within the last 20 years or so, but provides historical context to further understanding. yeah, some of the stuff is kinda out there, but overall seems fine :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol was about 2 post this

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

different podcasts have different optimal speeds. my default is 2.7x.

my (unfortunately accurately named) Podcast Addict stats screen:

those numbers are counting the length of the original recording, i spend much less time actually listening.

weirdly, it doesn't have a simple count of how many things I'm currently subscribed to, but it's definitely more than 30.

what the gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

i don't think i am a wonk, but the evidence is troubling

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1320423999474528256?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

I think the last time I used the speed thing was when I was working at a call center and had an earbud in under my headset to listen to podcasts and in retrospect it was not a healthy coping mechanism

what the gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i listen to podcasts and music at normal speed, like a neanderthal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1320783266501304321?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Often Abbreviated posted:

Obama says to Klobuchar "If you want to be in the cabinet you have to be ruthless. Take this gun, go through this door, and shoot what you see there." Klobuchar takes the gun and goes through the door. Obama hears a pause, and a click. Klobuchar emerges and says "I understand. I have to be willing to kill my husband, but if I trust the party then the gun will be empty. I will serve the party, cabinet position or otherwise."

Obama says to Pete "If you want to be in the cabinet you have to be ruthless. Take this gun, go through this door, and shoot what you see there." Pete takes the gun and goes through the door. Obama hears several immediate clicks and what sounds like an attempt to clear the chamber. Pete emerges and says "I understand. Chasten is expendable, but killing him now earns us nothing. I will serve the party however you choose. My time will come later."

Obama says to Warren "If you want to be in the cabinet you have to be ruthless. Take this gun, go through this door, and shoot what you see there." Warren goes through the door. Obama hears a click, then sounds of an awful struggle lasting several minutes. Warren emerges and says "The drat gun was empty to I had to beat the dog to death. When do I get the Treasury?".

woah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
after days of listening to podcasts at 2.5x speed it is disturbing to find out marx and the communist mannifesto were a prussian op

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

I refuse to believe that Transwoman Muslim Cop is anything more than a Cum Town bit

Doc Hawkins posted:

she also used to be a troop! :)

hahahaha god drat

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wheres that speedrun listener guy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AnarchoBreadism/status/1336777138062680068?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol, getting mad at believing in the power of love

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

now kiss

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Chad Jihad posted:

Your daughter struggled to work a can opener for a half hour, and you decide to punch it up into a six hour epic trial for some cheap internet points, but because you delved too greedily and too deep pissed hand-wringers found all your garbage jokes from a decade ago and now your account is deleted and the heir-apparent host of Jeopardy is in jeopardy. That's what I call content baby

thanks for the summary lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
who are the top 3 most monetarily successful leftist podcasters

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

impressed that some guy at langley convinced his boss that listening to cum town all day is his job now

wonder what the codename is for the group that listens to looney lefty podcasts

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

use podcastaddict.com it had all the pirated feeds

dope, thanks :tipshat:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i stopped listening to that crap when i accidentally listened to a "common sense" episode and he's just dumb as poo poo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is coming from someone who stopped making videos for a while because she got addicted to heroin.

did she take lsd

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao I was mistaken, she took some kind of opium which may or may not be heroin.

well at least that true anon guy is off the stuff.....ALLEGEDLY......

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i will never read a book

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the inventor of podcasts!?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yeah ok i can believe this guy invented podcasting

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

THS posted:

im gay

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

some plague rats posted:

It's like picrew av madlibs

My pronouns are [ they/them ]
My partner is [ twitter witch ]
The problem with the left is [ Brace Belden ]
My dad was involved in [ Bay of Pigs ]

lol, ofcourse

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i dunno this jfk poo poo is like the 9/11 stuff but even more played out. like, yeah ok jfk not dying woulda changed EVERYTHING. the last time before the CIA ops took over, for sure.
i mean bush did 9/11 and now he's on jimmy kimmel shilling a book about the lovely paintings he did after murdering a million iraqis. and obamanetflix after bringing slavery back to libya.
i dunno jfk would probably be hanging on epstein's island like bill clinton or some poo poo.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
so what exactly is an anarchist in 2021? is it like an prim

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

exmarx posted:

google "seasteading"

that gbs seasteading story thread thing back in the day owned lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
so like, brown moses turned modding in d&d and looking up wikipedia articles/google maps into a lucrative intelligence consulting career.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
cross thread stalking lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hooplah posted:

lol i love youtube

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011