Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1143051630570426368

Looking forward to the timeskip where we will see this man's moustache bloom into the full handlebar it deserves to be.

edit: omg his va rules

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1143051882585370624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

you know by that logic its hosed up walhart was bald and didnt have a beard

I know his helmet covers it up, but Walhart has luscious, flowing Witcher locks:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tae posted:

Kira Buckland?

Tara Platt, I'm pretty sure.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Looking back, Echoes seemed to be them experimenting with a bunch of things that have made their return in 3H but in a slightly different or refined way, like the combat arts, lack of weapon triangle, and yeah the first person/dungeon stuff.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

There was also a preview video of her walking somewhere at some point, and that's the moment I turned from "look a bit weird but overall cool!" to "oh no, my eyes".

But they've obviously been working on the graphics, so maybe they'll look better by release.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I was gonna pull out that quote about Genealogy too! I like that it's an explicit inspiration (and obviously adds to my hope of an eventual remake if they're thinking about that game a lot).

edit:

quote:

RPG Site: One last thing... are you aware of the sort of immense fan fever, the demand, for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE to come to Switch?

Yokota: Ahhh. [laughs] Well, thank you for the comment - I will go to Atlus, and perhaps we can talk about that!

please!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

I mean Genealogy is one of the most beloved games in the series and the only thing from it they've really gone back to is the kids thing, so going back to everything else about it makes sense.

:yeah:

It's a rich vein to mine for sure.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Manuela posted:

I'm a professor, a physician, a songstress.... And available.

I love her

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1149668329533202432

Good review!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

Imo theyre cute old guys

yeah honestly those options are way more interesting to me than just marrying your male students

except intsys where are the old women for me to gay marry!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

From the big leak posted ages ago which has been mostly on the money I remember Manuela being listed as a gay option.

I mean I'm very very glad of that but she's just an older woman, not an old woman, if you get me? She's probably only like 30. I dunno, I just wish women in fire emblem were allowed to be as old as men often are.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

I loving wish there was a mommy in the female romance options

I guess mercedss has that energy but i want to call shamir zaddy

solidarity

I don't like Mercedes' voice at all though which sucks. She's still my priority recruit to black eagles, so I can have all the bi girls in one house.

I had decided that well before we even knew she was an f/f option which is nice. I think there's some good potential in her being a former (possibly exiled?) Adrestian noble.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

Merce sounds like her english va is trying a bit too hard to be breathy, yeah. Fe healer asmr.

It's at least the only voice I actually dislike from the samples we got, it's just a shame that it had to be for the character with my favourite design and intriguing backstory. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, obviously.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

eonwe posted:

Haven't played in a while, why shouldn't you ignore the early advanced class? In the ones I played they were just a huge XP sink

unless it's a game where you expect to get to level 20/20 (like say Radiant Dawn or Conquest), promoting around mid-10s gives you those earlier stat-boosts where you can actually use them, instead of using unpromoted units until really late.

edit: oh hang on I read your question wrong, anyway Cheetah gave a better answer.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm going to poach Mercedes to Black Eagles so it can truly be the house of the bis

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Eimi posted:

So I was counting on getting students up to B and having them ask to join my house and this has worked spectacularly thus far with the exception of Marienne and Mercedes. I have them to where they will be A rank immediately post timeskip but they refuse to join up. As it's month 11 I don't know if I should just change my faculty days from sword/faith to what they want, since I don't want to leave them behind.

you only need like d rank if they're at B support, so it shouldn't take too much work to get the right skills up

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Your Computer posted:

are you kidding me

yeah lol I guess they were too cheap to get two illustrations done with both male and female Byleth so they just have the one, and Byleth isn't in it (I have only seen Dorothea's but I assume it's the same for the others)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just have like 4.

You really don't need 12. I can't remember how many Echoes had but it felt like a whole lot less.

I think echoes had a max of ten, but it was a little slower in progress to get as many as in 3H. Echoes also didn't have the amazing quality of life feature of throwing you into pulse mode when you get a defeat condition unit killed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah I played BE-E first and really felt like I had no idea what Dimitri's motivations were. I get that they want to keep back story and development for playing other routes, but it makes your victory really unsatisfying when you don't even really know who you're fighting.

I felt like BL did better with Edelgard, since you actually have scenes with her, but it was still a little lacking. Claude was kinda weird though. "Alright, I'm giving you the keys to the kingdom, now I'm loving off forever. Seeya!

I'm playing GD now so I'm interested in seeing Claude's deal.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You need all four playthrus to get the whole picture which i get people not liking but i didnt mind it

I like it but I also think it's to the game's detriment in some places. BL does pretty well since it's so focused on Dimitri, but I think BE-E suffers a bit narratively. BL shows that they can have a satisfying narrative while leaving some things a mystery, but they clearly didn't have enough time (?) to polish BE-E to the same degree.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Edelgard Did Many Things Nothing Wrong

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

although actually I wonder how things might have gone had she tried to ally with either of the other house leaders. I'm sure Claude, at least, would have been swayable.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And she can do much better. Mostly I just meant Byleth is kinda boring.

I had Edie support Lysithea. It was pretty good.

Yeah i really liked her Lysithea support! Although it had some weird plot-related stuff (towards end of school phase big spoiler): I only got their B after they had all left the monastery, but the support was set in the monastery like they were still at school. Very strange.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yeah if they don't have a clear upgrade option in master classes, the advanced is fine. assassin gives benefits you can't get from any master classes, and same for bishop if your unit is male.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I was pretty upset that Hubert lost his sick cape in Dark Knight. It would have looked so good billowing off his horse.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Arkeus posted:

For Assassins, the big problem is that the only master class with swordfair is mortal savant, and few assassins have good spell lists. If you aren't too bothered with losing sword fair, Falcon Knight is a plausible upgrade (or Wyvern Lord for males I guess).

They are really really good for dark mages though. Too bad those are mostly BE-restricted (Edelgard and Hubert), but Edelgard Dark Knight would be fairly drat good.

I'm already planning edelgard dark knight for when I do BE-E again. I'll probably use church route training to get her up in the skills she needs then buy them at the start of the next one.

I love new game+ for letting me plan out wildly dumb ideas, like the bow knight Hanneman with magic bow+ I want to try.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

You're probably going to level both skills on both genders but Gremory is only available to women for some godforsaken reason.

Linhardt would look so good in the default Gremory outfit too. What a waste.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

acab

(all catherines are bastards)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

It's a shame she can't get Rally def anywhere because it'd be perfect

This makes her Dedue's best friend. He waits, she rallies, the enemies all die on their phase.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yeah there's some good stuff being found:

https://twitter.com/CirosanCB/status/1164353782035210240

https://twitter.com/CirosanCB/status/1164614477121302530

Two threads.

This is the most important bit though:
https://twitter.com/CirosanCB/status/1164618973901668355

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Because I did BE-E first, when it came to New Game+ and I saw all those crest items, I thought I literally just learned about what implanting crests does to a person, no way am I doing that to my students!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

I wanted to as revenge for stealing my rings

:same:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

rhea is so hosed up and i love her

her VA also has so much fun with her, she's a joy to listen to

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Eimi posted:

Honestly something I feel might make the difficulty more interesting with the current systems is to change how doubling works, make it rarer in general, possibly limit it to certain classes as a class feature. When I can't just obliterate one unit per activation things get a lot more intense, though this also relies on me not being doubled on return or my units start blowing up. I don't know if that would be too much of a change from Fire Emblem in the past, but if doubling was limited to like falcon knight and assassin or something, combat would have a lot more tension.

Perhaps some kind of unique skill that only some characters have that allows for follow-ups. Maybe you could call it something like... 'Chase'?

yet another reason why they have to do an fe4 remake next

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sydin posted:

Finished BE-E, definitely agree it felt rushed, at a minimum it definitely needed a few more chapters to handle mopping up TWSitD but overall I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also maybe I'm alone but imo Byleth losing Sothis' crest in their heart, returning to a normal human, and getting to live a normal life is way, way, WAY more satisfying than them becoming supreme leader of the world and/or the super pope.

Absolutely agreed on your last point, I honestly hate the archbishop etc endings, I do not think Byleth is fit to be a world leader. Advisor, yes, ruler, no.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

For all his problems, Claude is still my mixed race baby and as a person who is mixed race, seeing that representation is awesome.

Where is the spoiler thread? I hear mention in the thread but can’t find it cause I’m an idiot.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895657

Please appreciate the very important Manuela post I have made at the end.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Shamir's support with Dedue is excellent.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Blue Lions is definitely the most polished route. One thing I almost wonder is if, since the pre-timeskip chapters are so Faerghus-focused, the original plan would have been to have each house have their own domestic affairs to deal with. But they realised along the way that they just could not accomplish that, and so stuck with what they had already, which was the Blue Lions chapters.

Completely baseless speculation of course.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yeah wyverns are just stupid