Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I wouldn't mind having a shot at making a Jets Avs team that performs even worse than the actual Jets Avs team. I am far away in GMT+2 (or maybe it's +3 now with DST), so scheduling might be a bit of a hassle, but the rules make it seem like you guys don't care too much? If not, sign me up.

Edit: Saw that an Aussie took the Jets before me, so I guess I'll try making an even goonier Avs team than the one they had a few years back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

FBS posted:

The only thing more important in the modern NHL than youth and cost certainty is absolute, unwavering loyalty to the franchise.

The Anaheim Ducks select Sebastian Aho, born July 26, 1997.

Because the Anaheim ducks are a bunch of poo-poo heads, the Colorado Avalanche selects Mark Scheifele with their first round pick.

PS. I don't know how this works, do I update the spreadsheet?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

drat, that went quick. I can do in between picks since my original pick was skipped right? If so, the Avs select that Miro Heiskanen who will probably not bust completely.

In case I can't, I'll clear my row from the spreadsheet.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Past 12pm EST so Kuule hain nussivan is up, assuming they're awake
Thanks for the heads up!

With the 3rd round pick the Colorado Avalance pick a player who's production is sure to take a loving nosedive and become completely and utterly useless with Teuvo "Turbo" Teräväinen!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Literally top of my list again god drat
Just pick Kakko. He has the cooler finnish name. What the gently caress is a 'from sharpness" anyway.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Kuule hain nussivan is up. I do have a short list from them, so I'll keep an eye on the time and pick for them if necessary
Thanks JawKnee, but I not only managed to wake up in time, but also get alcohol before my pick came up!

This might be a bit of a reach, but with the however-manyeth-round pick, the Colorado Avalanche pick "El" Nino Niederreiter!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

FBS posted:

Y'all are some ravenous motherfuckers. The Ducks select Dylan Strome.

I admit I'm a little worried about this pick, after such a great year after the trade to Chicago he seems like a prime candidate for a slump. I'm hoping that at age 22 he'll continue to develop as a player but this is the first pick of mine that feels like a risk.
I nearly took Strome as well, but decided that Nino is more likely to keep up his production. Maybe both of us will have chosen a crummy pick!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I can't say no to those points even though the cap hit and length is a bit scary. Oh well, Lucic has taught us that any contract can be traded.

The Avalanche select Keith Yandle!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Hurry up guys, I want to pick before I head off to bed!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Has FBS been skipped yet? Should I just go ahead an pick?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Since FBS took my backup starter, I have to go with someone worse than Saros. He's someone who's been playing relatively well throughout his career, so this might not come back to completely bite me in the rear end. The only problem is that he's only got a year on his contract, but since I don't actually know the rules of this game, I'll just worry about year 1 rather than years 2 and 3.

The Colorado Avalance pick Mister Darcy Kuemper.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Colorado Avalanche don't have a lot of time to think about this inbetween waking up and going to work, but they choose Jesper Bratt in the hopes that he will improve upon his last season and become a cheap, effective 2nd liner.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Avalanche pick Tony DeAngelo, who should be a good addition to the second pair. Hopefully he won't be making a gazillion bucks soon.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Middle of the night but the Avalanche can't sleep, so they Pick Alex Chiarelli!

Edit: I might have combined Chiasson and Cirelli into one 80 point player and stick with it.

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 29, 2019

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Avs are gonna grab them a 2/3 C in Lucas Wallmark, because apparently you need 4 of those in a team.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

So, did anyone pick the one, the only, the bought out cap hit conundrum Kevin Shattenkirk yet?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Thanks to JawKnee for letting me know it was my pick, I was completely unaware.

I've got the cap space, so the Avs are sitting Nick Foligno on my 3rd line.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Defensive options are starting to get pretty slim, so the Avs choose Tyler Myers!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The sleepy Avalanche pick Sami Niku to plunk on the third pair and hope he develops well.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The pickings for wingers are starting to look pretty drat dire, so the Avs are going to have to take a chance on someone and hope they pick it up a notch. The colorado Avalanche pick the strangely named Matt "Muff" Luff!

Edit: The Muffster, Muffalino, Tuff Luff, Tuff Muff Luff. A cornucopia of nicknames.

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 5, 2019

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The just now woken up Avs select Connor Murphy to sit on their third pair and be big.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

You know who's a pretty good 3rd/4th line center? Valtteri Filppula, that's who!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I'll probably be asleep when my pick comes around, so I choose whichever player who plays wing and has the most points that is available. Contract be damned.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I've got the cap space and I can always trade them to the Flames, so make it happen :colbert:

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Now I have at least 1 bone-a-fie-de NHL All Star on my team. As long as he doesn't do a Lucic type falling off a cliff, it'll be fine. If he does, I'll trade him for Lucic.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Thanks to JawKnee for the heads up.

Because every team needs at least one prospect who might play in the AHL, but probably shouldn't, the Colorado Avalanche pick Aleksi Saarela!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

He's a better goalie than his stats suggest and can probably be resigned for cheap in a year, so the Avs pick Sergei Bobrovski Joonas Korpisalo to be backup!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

You know which coach still has that "new-coach" smell? You know which coach has a fantastic name? The Colorado Avalanche selects Roderic Jean Brind'Amour!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

You motherfucker
Did you pick him with the post just before mine? Hah! I didn't even see it unedited.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I just got back from spending 8 hous at a vet, and am not in the right frame of mind to pick a player, so if the next 5 posts mention the same player I'll consider that player the consensus BPA and pick him. If not, I'll just grab a poo poo plugger when I wale up tomorrow morning.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Uuuuuh, the Colorado Avalanchettes pick Markus Hännikäinen I guess.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Kilza posted:

He was already picked in round 20 by the Oilers, you'll need to select somebody else.

e:
Next up:
rex rabidorum vires (until 12 PM EST)
corn on the cop
Jamwad Hilder
eXXon
Teemu Pokemon

Skipped:
Kuule hain nussivan
Jordan7hm

I don't know who this Hannikainen guy is, but he's no Hännikäinen :colbert:

The Avs pick....Rūdolfs Balcers? That's a pretty rad name isn't it.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Colorado Avalanche pick Charlie Wolanin to be an extra d-man, because those always die during the season.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Gonna grab an honest, hard-working, good o'l Finn boy to act as a call up / AHL fodder in Leo Komarov!

I'll just hard ball all my RFAs and sign them for peanuts, because no one offer sheets in the NHL and then in a few years when all my bad contracts are gone I'll have plenty of space to sign all the superstars and pluggers my prospects have turned into.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Kilza posted:

After reviewing my team's stats, I propose the sim is busted and we should start over.
I agree, though I'm not sure a simple simulator can understand the genius behind my picks. Maybe we should just do a GDT for each game in the season, post the events there and decide how the game ends through those.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Now that my plucky, underdog Avalanche are :siren:PLAYOFF BOUND, BABY:siren: and we have confirmation that the sim isn't completely busterd, could I get some stats to see how my ragtag troupe is doing?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Why the hell are the cheating, elite, shadow-state Coyotes ahead of my scruffy underdog Avs even though they have one point less!

Those drat southern hockey elites pulling strings!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

FBS posted:

:saddowns::respek::saddowns:

the sim really cribbed hard from last year I think
I know hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think you spent enough time calling your team a bunch of plucky underdogs. If there's one thing I know, the plucky underdogs always win. My plucky underdog Avs went from being out of the playoffs to the playoffs to sweeping the Ducks in the first round. Because they're such a bunch of charming characters. All playing their hearts off for scrappy Matt Luff, who they lost (possibly, I wasn't paying attention) only 11 games into the season. Probably cancer.

What a bunch of jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Drunk Canuck posted:

suck my rear end, avs
You only won because the LA elite refs were on your side. Underdogs can never catch a break.

Edit: And as we know, Nashville is an even bigger hub for hockey elites than LA.