Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Dersh attempting to end this debate once and for all by doing a geriatric 619 and splittin ghimself in two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

constitutional (not moral)

GSV Constitutional (Not Moral)

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Finicums Wake posted:

*takes a weekend break from the news. 1.8k posts in the epstein thread*

wonder what happ--holy poo poo lmao

same

my brain

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

Found this while searching for the star whackers.
https://twitter.com/RandyRRQuaid/status/1246821460305481733?s=20

yeah, I'm a platypus see. I'm a mammal, but I lay eggs, see. God and the CIA are in on it, yeah, whatta buncha yaps. I ain't made for this life– I'm a dancer, a dancer

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Sleekly posted:

imagine what the janitors day is like on those bases

aliens appreciate the work because it's less stressful than space travel

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/DARPA/status/1258222049149038592?s=19

and now we can crack ping back into the psychosphere

when I see stuff like this I begin to hear all of the music from HyperNormalisation at once

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

so, uh, did anyone get arrested

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Its hard to imagine the cameraman doing a worse job. Spend two and a half hours filming and then completely gently caress up the most interesting moment.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

things are bad

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Dreylad posted:

there's even the "I fell down the stairs" loving hell

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/JucheVert/status/1282333144927145985?s=20

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

The camera man does NOT do a good job capturing it, but at the last minute and a half of this stream, you can see the cops pulling at least a couple people out of the house with their heads covered.

https://www.facebook.com/ArmyPrince414/videos/4513791338638380/

Certainly this is the most interesting part right? Who are those people? What is going on? So I look for some articles...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...rts/3246406001/
https://fox6now.com/2020/06/23/milwaukee-police-investigate-missing-persons-reports-for-2-girls-ages-15-and-13/
https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2020/06/23/suspected-sex-trafficking-house-burned/
https://www.wisn.com/article/dozens-at-scene-as-police-search-for-missing-teen-girls/32949485

Not a single mention of anyone being removed from the house to be found in any of the articles I found in a cursory google search :tinfoil:

this is still freaking me the hell out

Organic Lube User posted:

"Yes, the cabinet that costs the same as a recreational vehicle. That one."

best av on the forums

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Not-so-amazed that people are talking about Wayfair rather than former Arizona GOP lawmaker Paul Petersen who was involved in a scheme to force-breed Marshallese women and then selling their children to American couples after smuggling the pregnant women into the United States. Very cool and normal behavior. Maybe we shouldn't look into some things adjacent to the Petersen case either? Like GOP Senator David Farnswarth alleging that the Arizona Department of Child Safety is facilitating the global sex trafficking of children? It's probably not at all suspicious that two former Arizona senators died of murder and suicide just a day apart in two "totally unrelated" deaths, right?

no poo poo, a chud former co-worker sent to me and explained the Wayfair thing yesterday. I replied back with the Peterson stuff which changed the subject

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2020/07/protect-our-kids-from-betsy-devos/

Protect our kids from Betsy DeVos posted:

Recent data from the Office of Civil Rights shows that 20% of girls and 5% of boys are abused in K-12 schools in student-student or student-adult situations. And these child victims of sexual violence are 14% more likely than other young people to be victims of rape or attempted rape when they go on to their first year of college.

There are more than 862,000 students in Minnesota’s public K-12 schools. This means that according to the figures from the Office of Civil Rights, nearly a quarter of a million Minnesota K-12 students, 215,000 children, are victims of sexual abuse, violence, or harassment.

There are 56.5 million K-12 students in the U.S. And 25% of that number is a shocking 14,1 million children who are likely to be sexually abused or harassed during their K-12 experience.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

i remember when metamaterials were starting to appear in the news or on some show with statements like "hell yeah this poo poo will eventually let us bend light AROUND an object, rendering it invisible"

wonder what happened to that stuff.

yeah Carnegie Mellon said they had developed one of these suits like 10 years ago

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

OutOfPrint posted:

Actually, UFO reports, pictures, and videos have been steadily increasing for the past decade or so. No one outside of a handful of MUFON weirdos and some 90's kids like me and Tom DeLonge who grew up on Sightings and the X-Files gives a poo poo.

UFOlogy is moving past "nuts and bolts" theory popular with engineers and scientists like Stanton Friedman, in which UFOs are physical machines piloted by biological entities, and into weirder territory, ranging from the archetypal grey aliens being vat grown biological androids remotely controlled by other aliens elsewhere to aliens themselves being extradimentional entities that can only filter into this dimension with great effort and are responsible for everything ranging from fae stories to shadow people, all with the world's most tenuous evidence to back it up.

It's just that these days a global cabal of pedophile elites is more relevant, realistic, and has far more and stronger evidence for existing, the world is literally and figuratively in fire, and fascists are disappearing people in the streets, and all of that kind of sucks the air out of interest in the paranormal.

HyperNormalisation taught me that UFOs are just distractions

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_tema.htm

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/extraterrestrialbase.htm posted:

While at Muroc Air Field, Eisenhower was present while an extraterrestrial disc landed. Several Star Visitors emerged to converse with the President and the generals. The extraterrestrials requested that Eisenhower make the public aware of extraterrestrial contact with Earth forthwith.

The President protested that humans were not ready, and needed time to be prepared for adjusting to this stupendous reality.

By the end of the following month, May, 1954, President Eisenhower’s CIA Director, Walter Bedell Smith, Prince Bernhard of Netherlands, David Rockefeller and other top world financiers, later-Secretary of State Dean Rusk, later-British Minister of Defense Denis Healey, and other Western power leaders convened the inaugural meeting of the Bilderberg Group, "a means of Western collective management of the world order". [5]

One of the early items on the Bilderberg agenda was extraterrestrial contact. Shortly after establishing itself, the Bilderberg Group collaborated with the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), another international policy body devoted to world management. They discussed the problem of adjusting humankind to extraterrestrial presence.

Bilderberg and CFR decided jointly in the mid-1950s to enter into an arrangement with the extraterrestrials: The ETs were given an island in French Polynesia as a base on Earth.

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Jul 25, 2020

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Giga Gaia posted:

i hope someone digs up the articles because i just tried and all i can find is pro-nestle propaganda. google gets worse every day lol

yeah I googled V for Vendetta a couple nights ago and got zero results :tinfoil:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

there was a good rundown of Thor Halvorssen in Mother Jones a few years ago but now I can't find it

e: oh, it was in Buzz Feed, my brain is melting

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/is-this-the-face-of-a-new-global-human-rights-movement

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Jan 14, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

nut posted:

the posting energies r strong 2day

for real, drat

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

so up until this point the story seems kind of "standard": alt-right guy claims to be a BLM activist, CNN brings him on because they're stupid, which lends credibility to alt-right claims that BLM is bad

and then it takes another turn

now I understand why documentary filmmaker Bryan Fogel can afford beachfront property in Santa Monica

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm seeing spin on the chans that the reason we haven't seen much of Biden and Trump lately is because Biden has been arrested and they're literally doing the Face/Off surgery to secretly replace Biden with Trump, so that's something

the Biden who won in the General Election isn't even Biden

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I was on YouTube last night and this commercial for a big data product called Lumen appeared. It's a personal device for directing metabolism. Anyways, there's a part where the actress says that Lumen, "doesn't just tell you what to do..." and it made me think of the free will conversation in this thread. I'm sold on the idea that we're being railroaded into a narrow ideal of perceived individuality and that capital believes the market would stop fluctuating with these cyclic crises if the software in our products was stronger, because it's people and not the system that is the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkoGiPhAoGs&t=57s

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

As a sidenote, there's an Australian movie from 1976 called Don's Party, about the '69 election that was almost about the '75 election. In the movie, the Labor supporters are mostly obnoxious and out of their depth, and they all get manipulated in some way

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27s_Party posted:

There was some discussion that the events of the play be updated to the 1975 Federal election, but in the end it was decided to keep the screenplay faithful to the original play as it was widely believed in 1975 that Labor would lose–which was not the case in 1969. 

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

he was atta gas

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

A Real Hologram posted:

meanwhile…

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57291530

Canada mourns as remains of 215 children found at indigenous school

…Rosanne Casimir, the chief of the community in British Columbia's city of Kamloops, said the preliminary finding represented an unthinkable loss that was never documented by the school's administrators….

you don’t say!

these residential school stories...

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

*covered in blood and guts still holding my sacrificial dagger made of child bone*

heh... heh... everything is fine. nothing weird going on at all. y'all should worry about cat memes and stuff welp cya

that's not blood, it's

twit666 posted:

dwarf juice

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

the private equity firm that owns the training company from the article also counts the popular Little Tikes toy brand as one of its subsidiaries hahah

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

whoa lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

nut posted:

imo it’s them challenging the hegemonic biological determinism that conflates evidence of genetic inheritance with “unchangeability” and totally disregards that development is an indivisible interaction of genes and environment. they allude to twin studies, which I agree aren’t sufficiently criticized in mainstream science for assuming similarity with increasing relatedness must only be genetics.

Reading this mental health awareness initiative stuff and it seems like it's meant to convince people that the depression they feel is a reaction to Bad Genes rather than possibly being the result of an atomized, oppressed consumer society where the concept of harboring revolutionary spirit is the true sign of mental illness?

Regular people, celebrities, socialites equating wealth to virtue, achieving it and then finding nothing there– like the father in La Dolce Vita. If the reality they've championed turns out be false and they're unable to imagine another future, blaming hereditary traits offers an outlet which circumvents introspection- like, if the problem is genes, then there's no reason to criticize the systems you participate in. The need to maintain "unchangeability" of consciousness runs parallel to the necessary ossification required to perpetuate elite class control of capital distribution and governance. If I'm connecting it properly, that's pretty unsettling

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

plz give it to me mods. Replace my gross JOE tag with it.

same lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

how would you investigate the Bear Stearns connections now that they don't exist

Another Bill posted:

Every so often I remember him insisting nothing happened and that at no time did he ever remove his underwear and I have a good laugh

was is Dersh who brought his Harvard Crimson nephew on the Lolita Express? what happened to that guy?

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Jul 6, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Disney: The JollyWest place on Earth

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

lol who is supposed to "control" stonehenge? like what's the conspiracy here? is this mudflood poo poo?

stonehenge has been thoroughly hosed with for all of its 5000 years, and has likely meant completely different things to different people through history and pre-history. we're just the latest

may have been said already but I think this is a way of proving to English citizens that they come from advanced ancient stock in order to legitimize and embolden British exceptionalism. After their contraction of empire following the end of the Victorian Era and WWII, nationalistic framing could be used to bolster faith in govt, especially if there's an intention to subvert labor organization and class awareness as austerity policies take hold

I recently watched a 1979 movie from the UK called The Long Good Friday with Bob Hoskins and Helen Miren. Hoskins plays a bigoted crime boss who is trying to modernize a harbor in London in order to "restore Britain to it's true glory" and reassert itself as the fulcrum of world culture and heritage. But the guy is fully out of his depth and has no concept of politics or history. His project is doomed but he just can't get it through his head that he represents everything bad about imperialism. Hoskins is doing a Wimp Lo, he's been taught wrong and used by the powers that be as they maintain a crumbled empire

Adam Curtis talks about this too- a national and cultural reorganization that allows the traditional power elite to maintain control following the wane of empire. Or the old men sobbing in the streets following the Brexit vote pleading, "I just want my country back!" abloo bloo bloo

I dunno, maybe I'm way off, thanks for reading

e: also, the American mafia features heavily in the movie and they get really offended about the culture stuff too

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Aug 7, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

dang, this CDAN site is something

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

i still lol every time i think that the first time anyone ever heard of the red scare girls was during a "woman on the street" infowars interview. total coincidence, I'm sure

the one time I listened to red scare was because they were interviewing adam curtis for "can't get you out of my head" and dasha referred to jiang qing as "quing" insteaed of "ching" and it made me so embarrassed that I winced, then I spent a minute wondering if she had watched the series before I turned it off

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Foucault's Pendulum starting to look like a documentary

I have this same thought at least once a day lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

every day I get closer and closer to understanding that Borges was god and Eco his prophet

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

StratGoatCom posted:

I doubt this was preplanned, but some kind of political op exploiting the high rate of child abuse? A natural thought, if you're a psychopath.

maybe related, reminds me of this editorial about abuse rates in Minnesota from last year

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2020/07/protect-our-kids-from-betsy-devos/

e:
"There are 56.5 million K-12 students in the U.S. And 25% of that number is a shocking 14,1 million children who are likely to be sexually abused or harassed during their K-12 experience."

expand those numbers over decades and apply it to a system where mob mentality replaces pro-democracy opposition

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 15:09 on Nov 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

has anyone watched the Vincent Bugliosi-produced Helter Skelter TV movie? I only found out about it because I was looking at Bruno Kirby's wiki and saw that Bugliosi chose Kirby to play him