Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dammit, the thread title just got changed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I grew up with a kid named Demeatrice, everyone called Meechie

Whoa you grew up with Zendaya?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I watched the highlights from the Ravens’ 2012 SB run the other day and it was fun watching Jacoby Jones have those few big plays in the Denver game and the Super Bowl, then checking the box scores and seeing that those plays were pretty much all he did in those games. Anquan Boldin also had a streak of really good games during those playoffs and I’m starting to think that may have been what broke Kawalimus’ brain in regards to the Ravens receiving corps.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

the game against the Colts owned because Boldin literally didn't catch a single pass in the first half and then turned into Randy Moss in the second

He was missed on his first two targets, then was 5-for-5 for 145 yards and a TD. It’s a shame they let him go for a 6th, but I don’t know know enough about what was happening with the FO to complain.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I am 100% on the “gently caress geese” bandwagon.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

As someone who has family in Roswell and grew up going to the alien museum every summer, big time lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ravens really need to give Trace McSorley some in-game reps imo, otherwise how is he ever going to develop!?! I’ve decided he’s the next Tom Brady with no evidence and this is the hill I’m going to die on this season because I’m an interminable crank about my own team.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

anyway players get multiple seasons, training camps and preseasons to show something. there has not been a single ~wasted talent~ ravens wr.

~*~good night sweet prince~*~

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus is permanently stuck remembering the halcyon days of his youth, watching a young up-and-coming Ravens team make a name for itself in the NFL, and now nothing they can do will live up to those nostalgia-soaked memories. It’s Boomer-brain for a football team.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Unless you’re looking for 50 yard frozen ropes the Ravens had plenty of big yardage plays against the Texans. They put up 400 yards even! I’m starting to wonder if you’ve actually watched the games so far this season.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I just struggle to understand how you can watch last week’s game and think that the Ravens weren’t in control pretty much the whole time, and definitely from about midway through the second on. Just because they didn’t throttle them doesn’t mean there was an issue with the offense or they they were in desperate need of someone being a playmaker - the Texans are a good team and you can’t expect every game to be a 50-point shellacking.

The Athletic had a good article breaking down Lamar’s play last week, and it even points out that the problem (insomuch as there was one) was that he tried too often to find the big play instead of the one that keeps the drive alive.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

If you’re not hucking TDs from your own 15 are you really elite?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’ll always love Jacoby for randomly going off during the Super Bowl run.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

This week might be one of our last ones. Maybe next week.

This is such low effort from you. Pathetic!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

IIRC that was right around where he was expected to go. There were a couple of better LBs in the draft class and there was some rumbling about him being undersized. I’m still happy to have him as a Raven though - he’s struggling a bit with assignments as a rookie pressed into starting immediately but once he gets that worked out I think he’s going to be a big time impact guy for a while.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Jesus Christ lol

Please free pop dog, he’s our only hope. He is going mad right now reading this thread and gnashing his teeth, unable to respond. He has no mouth but he must post.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawa I have a hypothetical for you

The Ravens last two losses were to the Titans and Chiefs. The Bills last two losses are also to the Titans and Chiefs. Which team would you rather be right now and why is it the Bills?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Code 4 are birds that aren't recorded annually. According to this checklist I'm looking at it's stuff like Corn Crake, Crescent-chested Warbler, Gray-crowned Yellowthroat, Bananaquit, Green-breasted Mango, Common Swift. It goes up to code 6. I think code 6 is like absurd and extinct stuff.

At least 3 of these are fake, please don’t pish your TFF brethren

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus breaks out in a cold sweat and doesn’t know why

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Let’s not allow the outcome of Steelers-Ravens to distract us from the most important takeaway of the day:

The Browns suck again

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus is Mike Tomlin a good coach y/n

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Kawalimus is Mike Tomlin a good coach y/n

Kawalimus pls respond

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

He's leagues above Harbaugh.

Mmhmm, mmhmm. I think I’ve figured this out. Harbaugh is the birder who taunted you all those years ago isn’t he?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

They have almost identical records over the same time period that Harbaugh has coached the Ravens - Tomlin has 7 more wins but they have the same number of postseason appearances and Super Bowl titles. Your animosity has to spring from something else, it’s the only thing that makes sense.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Ravens lost to the Browns and then went on a tear to end the season so actually losing to them is a sign of a good team

What? No, I don’t think there was a postseason last year

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to hear it as. It's like Airrrr air-air-air. I don't know if this is supposed to be a bird joke.

It’s a joke about you describing bird calls, OP

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Dangerously close to Lost Season vibes there

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

It basically is. We are too hurt to expect any kind of late season push or postseason run. All we can do is lose more players and worsen our postseason record even more. That's why I say just forfeit. Just don't try anymore except expermentally.

Is this the mindset you bring to trying to find an orange-bellied flysnatcher? Pathetic!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Excuse me this is the Ravens thread

If the topic of the post isn’t the Ravens, all the other posters should be asking “Where’s Lamar?”

(Steelers posts are allowed if talking about how the Ravens shut down their five WR set or how Harbaugh sucks compared to Tomlin)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

D-LINK posted:

I'll do what I want, cousin

:argh:

chamois posted:

they absolutely will not

I guess “kinda sucks” is a different identity compared to last year

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

We need the losses more. If we make the postseason it will be used to justify keeping everything the way it is.

If you think they’re going to jettison the coaching staff that went 14-2 a year ago after a year where:

-training camp was nonexistent
-their best O-lineman retired
-their now-best O-lineman and their best blocking TE are on IR
-the entire defense died over the course of like two weeks

then I’m going to have to ask that you please stop pishing rn

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

That’s not to say that Roman doesn’t need to go, but after Flacco and his revolving door at OC I would be incredibly surprised if Harbaugh makes that decision. I don’t think Bisciotti is willing to pressure him to do it either, and they’re both probably much more likely to opt for ~*~consistency~*~ over all else.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Really need to know how you found my steampunk Animorphs fanart

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Eifert Posting can have little a objectionable bloodsport, as a treat

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Was he concussed? You'd think he wouldn't have played the rest of the game (for a whopping ~2.7 yards a target) if he got concussed.

lol this is wildly disingenuous

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

*when a guy on my team gets hit legally* I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS BLOOD SPORT AGAIN. ENJOY YOUR DEATH CULT SAVAGES

*like ten years of watching football religiously later* you arent understanding the nuance of my guy hitting this other guy, allow me to explain

lol

Parmesan Basil at least fully committed to his bullshit, instead of Well Actually-ing his way into not fundamentally changing

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m glad the Bengals lost

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Watching Bass miss two kicks was some small consolation, now I can pretend for the whole offseason that Tucker isn’t Cundiffed

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

anyway now that there are no afcn teams in the playoffs we can finally talk about Marge Simpson and her hair

https://twitter.com/rebekahentralgo/status/1350528975517446144?s=20

Marge v upset about how Lamar was failed tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad the Browns lost