Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lol I'm still in normal NGU and feeling overwhelmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

something posted:

forgot to post here but:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1433990/NGU_INDUSTRIES/

I finally got the store page for industries up on steam!

wishlists/follows help a lot :)

Idk if you'll ever see this but how much of an effort would it be to approve NGU/NGUI for Steam on GeForce Now?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Did Kongregate bite the dust? I know they stopped adding games a few months back, but I'd read they were going to keep the games online. I was just getting into NGU, too :(

nm, maintenance page just went up

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Voxx posted:

i still appreciate that every game just sounds so stupid out of context

Incremental games and Monster Hunter games are spiritually indistinguishable from each other.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hey its me, the one guy playing games on a chromebook

How about Linux compatibility?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also hoping for linux support for NGU Industries, if 4g is lurking in the shadows ;)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Feline Mind Meld posted:

it might be possible, it worked pretty much out of the box on mac. has more to do with if the file saves and mtx through steam works the same.

or if unity plays nice on linux idk we've been doing frontend work at work and i think it's given me a brain bleed

i would imagine the profit pipeline is largely the same, though i've seen plenty of masochistic solutions employed myself so, who knows. it sounded like doing geforce now was just a matter of flipping a switch to start the review process, so who knows what multiplatform support looks like.

i'd certainly be willing to participate in any linux testing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

something posted:

Probably no linux port since a) very few people use exclusively linux
b)wine or proton seem to make it work anyways and linux users are generally competent computer touchers and
c) :effort:

Tbh i was really iffy on the mac port too til it basically worked first fry which was a miracle.

Seems to chug the cpu on something called big sur for afaik no reason though

I dunno, I mean it's not like these games are cp2077, with ray tracing and whatever other fancy nonsense gets people wound up and something like ShadowPC seems a far more appropriate solution for doing windows on Linux for gaming.

If you've got a chromebook with gallium installed, you're not just going to run wine or proton to play a game because your gpu is going to just jump off a cliff.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Woooooo I finally unlocked Beards in NGU Idle, I think that means I'm over the mega drat wall

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I just assume everything is 12 hours a level

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I've also considered trying an incremental game as a recreational labor but my basic foundation of python seems woefully inadequate for something browser based.

And the math. I'm poo poo for poo poo with math. I haven't even thought about attempting the Blind challenge in NGU.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I think I accidentally did a progression break in NGU because I just beat Walderp but the 2 macguffins I got have zero relation to my stats? The hell are SMART and SEXY? (other than "turn on your monitor")

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sooo...don't bother farming and equipping them?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My dude I am begging (but will not bug, I'll ask once and only once) for Linux support

But I will absolutely eat up my 1.2tb data cap to play as much of Industries on a windows machine in the cloud as I can get away with regardless.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

something posted:

also, might be tmi - i *think* i am financially, basically at fortress of solitude, don't have to work another day in my life now.

just making poo poo i want cause its fun now, if it sucks (like ngu-i i guess, :c) i do apologise but at least i'll enjoy making it

thank yall deeply, for playing and buying stuff to make this possible :)

I was DEEP as hell into itrtg from around 2016-2017, i only stopped once ngu exploded

Congrats, brother. Go smoke a bunch of weed and pick berries naked or some poo poo like we were meant to do!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Anfauglir posted:

The one thing I'd want most in an NGU sequel (or any idle game these days really) is a sort of "save this setup" function that just puts all my resources right the gently caress back where they were after a rebirth, so if I'm farming I don't have to spend half an hour setting stuff up. Like with NGU, I put exactly the same thing in NGUs and advanced training and magic and such pretty much every rebirth, let me automate that process somehow.

:emptyquote:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

I like the actual words like "Quadrillion" but if we simply must use scientific notation, I think it's engineering notation that keeps significant digits to the nearest grouping of 3 powers? 999e15 rolling over to 1e18, you get it. Straight scientific notation for such purposes gives me trouble.

i don't understand either of them and just have faith that number go up when i do the right things

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The virgin chris's, using an autoclicker

Me, the alpha Chad sex haver with a UiPath bot doing my clicking

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Aurora posted:

hosed up that you don't enjoy numbers going up

:mods:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

In a slightly related avenue, is anyone still handing out approvals for pizza is free in Legends of Idleon?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so uh, I just booted up NGU after like 80 days idle, I've got 492 PP and ~600,000 xp. still working my way through the beardverse bosses on normal difficulty...what's my best investment choice at this point? adventure stats? My bases are 236/9.2m/200 for energy and 46/1.84m/46 for magic, I feel comfortable there but I've also got ~2k seeds I can use to unlock fruits (either numbers or rage).

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Welcome to the same conclusion, brother. It's got some good ideas and executes none of them well.

So...Path of Exile?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm suddenly finding myself feeling very dense: is it not possible to rearrange my pets in Idle Skilling? Wherever they pop up when they hatch is where they'll always be?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I feel like I'm fundamentally missing something in Loop Hero. I've only just started the second world, but it feels like I'm not making a ton of progress. Very rarely I'll get some consistent drops like % vampirism that will make a build sustainable, but more often than not it's a real challenge to even make it to the W1 boss consistently. Is there something I need to be doing outside of making my big mountain, surrounding it with fields, and dropping the occasional monster tile? Is there some optimal layout strat that gives more drops/less varied drops?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

One might ask what is the point but its quite satisfying to watch these games play themselves and check in on them like once a day.
Its not that different from a Tamagochi, a lot of growth and progress happens by itself but everything eventually goes tits up if you never interact with it.

I played Kittens game and that Sandcastle game to endgame barely interacting with them and having no idea about any mechanics, and i have had AutoTrimps running for 2 years now.

Monster Hunter is just an incremental game with a massive graphics budget. Change my mind.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Indeed, NGU was great.

A shame his next game wasn't as well received and it seems he is a bit disillusioned with making games now?

My coding experience is limited to conditional formatting in excel so i have no idea what kind of feedback developers get but isn't negative feedback pretty much par for the course?

A lot of us were expecting a different kind of game. Industries seems more like a take on Satisfactory than a sequel to Idle.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I hope it doesn't discourage 4g from trying again. I haven't finished NGU yet (I can't even manage to bumble my way into Hard, never mind Sadistic) but the chunk of time I've sunk into it was rewarding enough that I'd play another iteration of it.

Don't let a little sophomore slump get you down, if you're reading this!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Pride themed necromancers: [DEAD AND GAY]

[DEAD GAY SO WHAT]

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hryme posted:

That is horrifying.

John Lee posted:

Well, I'm sold on Tingus Goose

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so i ran into a weird issue with Tingus Goose - I can't scroll to the top of my goose. My phone is just...stuck.

I presume given enough time I'll accumulate enough cash to finish the patient, but for now...it's just stuck!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pixaal posted:

I had this happen, installing an update fixed it. The app isn't auto updating for some reason at least on Android

you are on August 01 I'm on August 02 (the date is I'm assuming the leading numbers in that game version since it works out to the date of the release when I've updated)

so I found out the hard way that the game definitely isn't linked to your google account because I went the nuclear option and reinstalled when there wasn't an update available

ah well, i was only one ultra ascension in anyway

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pixaal posted:

Pretty sure the opening screen says progress wont carry over to full release anyway (or maybe that was another game I started around the same time)

yeah, it does, and really it's fine anyway since starting over is a core mechanic anyway

anyone got a read on what exactly the Trampo card does? Something to do with the rate at which your blossoms can interact with your Tingis?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

test tubes seem to act really weird for me. if i get 3 base tingii in one they merge into a heart and drop out the bottom fine. if i have a second test tube and merge the hearts into ...the ice cream sundae?? the resulting merge stays in the tube until there's the ice cream thing and 2 hearts, then just dumps its contents meaning i miss out on another merge of hearts

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

oh my god it's lighter because it's balloons

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gay devil posted:

ive been messing around with this since yesterday, its good and feels very very different from the last time i played it but is there really still no way to autocast? i get that the game is intended to be relatively active play but spamming the same spells for hours is pretty tiring & tedious

Yeah I want to like OoC but the lack of any meaningful automation is uh...not great for me

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I thought the event was pretty fuckin' grim, imho

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

I tend to take my Mining runs slow so I've had little issue with maximizing pickaxe power and just spending the 20 gems every time I need a big damage jump and can't reasonably afford more crafting power.

Yeah, my general theory about approaching mining is to get crafting power up to a point where even the worst outcome would be 5-10% stronger than my current pickaxe then just hit the gem upgrade button. Once you've got a good stack of cheevos to boost gem production it's really not a bad investment of gems.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Devor posted:

somethinggg is so lazy

probably doesn't even track leap years properly

i hope the lukewarm reception to Industry didn't put them off entirely. ngu is a banger (I just started a new run about a month ago) and it'd be a shame to never get a spiritual successor from them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

neurotech posted:

I'm making my own incremental idle game and am currently thinking through what that will look like. Putting some survey questions out there:
  • What attracts you to, and keeps you coming back to, your favourite incremental/idle game(s)?
  • How important do you think it is to have multiplayer elements in incremental/idle games?*
  • Are you comfortable paying for an incremental/idle game?
  • If yes: What kind of price point do you feel is appropriate?
  • If no: Why?

* I should clarify with regards to multiplayer. I'm more thinking optional/passive kinda stuff. Stuff like: "PLAYER_NAME encountered RARE_THING!", global statistics, A chance to receive a short-term buff/assist from another player's "Ghost" (and if your Ghost helps someone else you get a currency spike or something).

I would like to say one thing and one thing only: no. loving. multiplayer: No guilds. No clans. No community-wide events. NO. loving LEADERBOARDS.

Now, I've got to get outside so I can start yelling at the neighbor kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It took me way too long to figure out that the thing at the top was the goal and the thing on the bottom was the restriction