Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Million dollar homes are tear down properties in Vancouver and turranah

Just saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It plays to elder millenials who may be looking to purchase a home in that price range?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

eh lowtax is part terminator already with the metal spine and all

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

mediaphage posted:

I'm confident that he was sufficiently stoned for that period that he probably didn't remember.

I would actually respect him saying "listen I was greened out of my gourd for most of that time, I did a whole lot of stupid poo poo. This was one of those poo poo stupid things I did."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Entropic posted:

If we’re talking about the screaming lady at the AOC event didn’t she turn out to be a plant from some pro-Trump org?

Yup. A follower of the fabulous Lyndon LaRouche.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Van Kooveerden

"feels good man"

A good MP

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I can take some joy in the PPC being crushed, and knowing that Dougie is turbo-hosed next election.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

they are all CI

they have always been CI

they will always be CI

you will know him by his trigger. Jenny Kwan.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

infernal machines posted:

Welp.

https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1194255108105789442/

Bonus: All the replies saying "Don Cherry was right". Like, who do they think vandalized a cenotaph with a reference to In Flanders Fields

Stealing my post from the Toronto thread, I see.

Yeah I already have guys at my work (white middle-aged blue-collar) talking about "loving pinko liberal scum", it's not ideal.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

vyelkin posted:

and if they were lucky they would get to shoot some civilians before dying horribly in an ied explosion, so that counts as being pro-military

I remember being in BMQ (basic) watching the bombs fall on Baghdad. I think I actually cried a little when Paul Martin said we wouldn't participate because I was so happy
Anyone, ANYONE who says we should have participated in that war is a loving moron, even at the time when we didn't know the horrific outcome
In no way, shape or form was the CF able to carry out any sort of combat mission. We were stretched to the max in Afghanistan already.

and yeah Don going on Fucker Carlson and Rebel Media poo poo removes any last trace of sympathy I might have for him. gently caress him.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

She's absolutely right except that there's a lot of female hockey players too

Some of the teams in the GTA have parents paying ten thousand dollars a year for AA hockey.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

Don't forget also that the parents of really good hockey players might also have to deal with their kid getting calls from agents, even at the Bantam level (meaning they are 13 years old and potentially have an agent).

Yup, and that's not even counting the additional strength/conditioning stuff they have to do, or fund-raising drives. The time/money investment for these kids is just bananas.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

vincentpricesboner posted:

In case anyone was wondering, the guy who defaced the war memorial is a don cherry supporter,non-vet, paranoid,4chan denizen,and in a militia .

https://mobile.twitter.com/CP24/status/1195347974571876352

loving called it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It would be fine if their poo poo was actually diluted to one in a billion

except when it isn't and many babbies die from being "treated" with deadly nightshade that has barely been diluted at all!
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hundreds-of-babies-harmed-by-homeopathic-remedies-families-say/

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

mediaphage posted:

No, it wouldn't be fine. But the fact that their fraudulent garbage is filled with literally who knows what is just another reason to ban it.

Sorry, by "fine" I should have said "biologically harmless".

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

shooting to injure is loving stupid.

They call it "deadly force" for a reason. It is absolutely your LAST option, the option when all other non or less-lethal options have been expended. Only to be used (in theory) when your own life is in imminent danger

If you're at point-blank range, you're not trying to aim at a particular body part, you are within arm's reach of someone and attempting to stop someone (theoretically, again) who is actively attempting to kill you.
If you are not at point blank range, pistols (especially police types) are not incredibly accurate. Especially with your blood pumping, adrenaline going, etc. You are aiming for center of mass, which gives you better chance of hitting your target.

Again, police using a firearm is the very last step on the escalation of force ladder. Unfortunately some police forces jump several rungs to the very top far too often.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-force/articles/shooting-center-mass-im-told-we-kill-everyone-z02sv5zP5OCCcKZt/

It's more that they see firearms as being a viable option in less-lethal situations, whereas here a firearm is considered a lethal force option and is used accordingly.

That is a really weird and interesting perspective. It goes against everything that western policing teaches about use of deadly force, but it seems to work for the Czechs I guess.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

infernal machines posted:

That guy did a legitimately good job handling that. I remember being very surprised at the time.

Ditto. I was shocked with how well he handled it. It's how a police officer should handle a situation like that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hahaha

He was using CPC money to pay for his kids private school

What a loving idiot

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

remember it's only illegal when libs do it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Somewhere, Doug Ford and Jason Kenney have sudden, unexplained erections.

Jason Kenney is very concerned with the sensation.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

hmm yes Klonopin Meatman JPeets would make an excellent CPC leader

a perfect counterpoint to human milkbag Scheer

Where the gently caress do they find these muppets?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

mediaphage posted:

If you’re rich and plan properly, you could get away with eating only animal products for years and years and probably never suffer ill from doing so. What I find annoying about this trend isn’t the trend itself - people should eat how they feel they must - but rather all the sort of conservative redpill bulllshit that inevitably follows it around.

Yeah but these are the same people that think wiping your rear end is "gay" because your fingers get close to your butthole and touching your butthole is GAY

You just can't get around a certain level of brokebrain.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There's a pretty good bit about Trudeau Sr in Canoe Country. Guy was loving reckless/fearless AF in a canoe.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

lol Canada is not going to get into a conflict with Iran don't be a doofus

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The maximum, MAXIMUM that we would do would be offering special forces support.

We wouldn't even do our standard "send hornets to drop bombs on poo poo" because we don't send planes into non-permissive environments.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Sharpe trying to sell his commission as a lieutenant and getting all pissy that he can't is enlisted as gently caress

Can't sell something that you earn, after all.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Power loss on a reactor down for maintenance. No concern. The alert was 100% overkill

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Charge your phone

My best friend works for OPG; his reaction to all this is "someone is fired as gently caress and my Sunday is ruined."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The Butcher posted:

Open your mind man. There are many options we haven't tried yet.

Apocalyptic Death Cult
- Pros: Get to be part of an apocalyptic death cult, welcomed at the gates of valhalla
- Cons: tumours, have to listen to IMMORTAN JOE, limited guzzoline

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

RBC posted:

Why don't we just drop the charade and just design a plane specifically for airshows that looks ridiculous like a lamborghini or something so all the mouth breathers can be impressed. It could have like a flamethrower on it and maybe a giant bayonet on the front or something. That's the only thing these planes are ever used for.

On afterburners is exactly what you're describing.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

supersnowman posted:

By now, we probably could have bough Migs and refurbished them to work with NATO's system and still end up with a better deal than F-35s because they probably would work...

Buying Russian hardware was always a non-starter.

Now the French, who were literally willing to sell us the manufacturing rights to the Rafale AND the software code for modification...that would have been a stellar deal.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

He is so incredibly tone deaf, as befits a sentient bag of milk.

by protesting they literally are checking their privilege by supporting those who do not share that privilege

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

No matter how bad his posting, he's no CI.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There's still quite a bit of manufacturing done in Canada, quite a bit of it is pretty sexy low-volume stuff. Honda and Toyota have massive plants in Alliston and Cambridge that tend to be among their highest-efficiency plants. Harris L3 is based out of Burlington, they make optics for everything from traffic choppers to drones to satellites. Collins Aerospace manufactures landing gear components for airbus and boeing. Husky in Bolton is without question the world leader in PET injection molding.

So yeah the days of Canada making washing machines and transistor radios are gone but a whole lot of very specialized, high technology work is still one here, and much of that is for a simple reason;
Anything made in a Chinese factory will have it's IP copied almost immediately. This is a well known fact in the manufacturing world.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah there's a ton of people freaking out over automation. They don't seem to understand that it's the lovely, dirty, dangerous jobs that are being automated.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

priznat posted:

I’m too oldschool forum user for reddit, I find it confusing and weird. :corsair:

Also I assume it is just overrun by chuds

A drunk milhist podcast called "Lions led by Donkeys" recently did an episode on Caro and talked about SA as an old webforum where the best and the worst parts of the internet were birthed
why would I want to go anywhere else?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The Butcher posted:

If the food situation gets too dire, I've always figured I could just eat geese for awhile.

Hundreds of the plump fuckers, just sitting out there. Walk up, pop one with a 2x4, done.

Sure, other people will figure it out eventually as well, but I figure there's at least a good week of easy pickings there while people are still waiting in line/devouring eachother at Costco.

How dare you

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

BIBLE BILL ABERHART!

25 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR EVERY ALBERTAN!
also had more than a passing interest in Nazi Germany

(I played bible bill in a high school production of the aberhart summer and won a provincial award I am not proud of this fact)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I just want to buy some goddamn toilet paper at Costco, they've been sold out all loving week