Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Deleted now, was it anything exciting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

I can't hold that too strongly against her given that the other approaches they have are "shoot it" and "nuke it"

I once heard something about Rasputin's spiritual woo healing advice actually working for the tsar's wife primarily because it avoided her condition getting worse by going through the godawful "medical" treatments of the time

What I'm saying is, marriane is going to gently caress the president's spouse and then get murdered

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Don't really see why people are finding Welsh difficult. I once managed to watch a whole episode of Pobol y Cwm without the subtitles on and understood it perfectly. Admittedly it was because I was making up my own dialogue in my head but it almost formed a coherent narrative so I figure I've basically got the language down

e: 211 is a 2018 American action film directed by York Shackleton and written by Shackleton and John Rebus. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Cory Hardrict, Michael Rainey Jr., Ori Pfeffer and Weston Cage. The film review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes rates it 5% positive based on 17 reviews with an overall rating of 2.5/10.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

tithin posted:

I skipped a thousand posts, di I miss anything of note in the last... 2 days?

either some serious political poo poo went down or someone had an opinion about food

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

While this thread is in shameful deadlock over the Monster Munch issue, we are distracted from the real issues of the day. Galaxy have just released a range of "chocolate truffles" which are shockingly unrelated to the Galaxy Truffle, the deeply mourned and objectively best part of the Celebrations box. Are Mars Incorporated attempting to rewrite history by erasing their greatest creation? We cannot let them get away with this.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

runwiled posted:

Mars chocolate is kinda wank. HTH

look the perfect is the enemy of the good and "the good" in this case is a world where I don't get handed a box of chocolates and pull out a goddamn tiny twix

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Yeah between this and the SNP, really starting to wish every party was actually run by it's LGBT+ group. couldn't be worse

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Shyrka posted:

We do not speak of the other one.

I thought this was going to be Spicy, wow

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Maybe we do need more variety in our regular bikeshed derails, though crisps are a very good fit as basically everyone in britain has had some engagement with the topic, there's a wide variety, there is no objective answer and never will be, there's hardly any actual depth to it to get to grips with beyond "i just happen to like these but not these", and you have to stretch very far to find a way for the discussion to actually matter at all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

joanna cherry having a normal one and threatening someone with legal action for calling her transphobic

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1173163607254806528

tbf I didn't see the original tweet myself but from others on twitter this seems to be it

https://twitter.com/clapifyoulikeme/status/1173193438596083712

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Great idea, I heartily approve of transphobes outing themselves so we all now who can gently caress off.

can't wait for joanna cherry to do it and then threaten to sue herself

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Glorious

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Is the Supreme Court actually going to do something tomorrow?

as I understand it, it's going to start doing something tomorrow, but not finish doing it for a few days at least

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Political student groups could form a much more useful purpose in future in that anyone who rises to the top of them should be automatically expelled from the party on suspicion of being a colossal self-serving dickhead

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

When I was in Bristol a few weeks back I got past the Scottish Cash Problem once by having a random tourist overhear the cashier's uncertainty and offering to exchange it for one of his English tenners - he was apparently an avid collector of currency. Just find a guy like that in each store you go to and you'll be fine

I got much more confusion from people for my weird tenners than I did for being an early-stages trans woman wearing a skirt, so that's heartening

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Now we need to wait for someone to work out the question of brexit and we'll be sorted

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Tarnop posted:

I went on Twitter for a bit, and I have some advice: don't go anywhere near Twitter

just very good general advice tbh

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

look if the poor kids want to learn as much as the rich ones they can just look things up on Wikipedia, easy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Bowsette costume is a requirement

Costume?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

It's meaningless, but the sort of thing we want to see in the general election: lib dems bleeding off enough tory votes for Labour to get the fptp win

Every now and then one of the ways our voting system is stupid counters another way our voting system is stupid, like a complex machine built to do evil that sometimes damages itself so badly it does a good thing by accident. The cosmic ballet goes on

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

white chocolate is one of those things where i can acknowledge that yes it is probably a crime against Real Chocolate or whatever but allegiance to Real Chocolate means nothing when i am shoving the sweet sugary goodness straight into my mouth. sorry i have loyalty to nothing but sucrose

also the white chocolate oranges were indeed great

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Never go to NZ then, abysmal selection

i have been known to willingly eat malt loaf from time to time but exporting it to other countries should be considered a crime against humanity. what have they done to be punished so

also only having the chocolate orange bars and not the actual chocolate oranges is sacrilege

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

Malt loaf toasted with butter is loving amazing and I will fight you.

look, I too have been afflicted with Enjoying Malt Loaf, I too know what it feels like, but I have the personal strength to admit that it is a defect of my personality, possibly due to poor parenting or being infected with Britishness at a young age. If you actually think about Malt Loaf objectively and rationally and ponder as to what could possibly be actually good about it, I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion. I'm not saying we can't Enjoy Malt Loaf quietly in the privacy of our own homes, but exporting to other lands and promoting the consumption of The Loaf as a pretended valid lifestyle is where we should draw the line.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Also scottish schools are a bit different just to confuse you. the GCSEs and A levels are called something different and the grades work slightly differently, they used to be Standard Grades and Highers but I believe that's changed now. You don't go to a separate college or whatever to do the last year of high school, this confused me when watching the england-set highly realistic teenager person documentary "skins" as a youngun. colleges in scotland are just places you go to do sub-degree level and vocational qualifications and the like, I don't know if that's also the case in england I don't know what your system is.

Also your standard university degree is four years instead of three which i think is cool. also the government pays for it if you live here like a normal sensible country.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Another Person posted:

also, your standard university degrees that are 4 years are typically bachelor-master sandwich courses, where you receive a masters degree at the end, iirc. i remember looking into it years ago now.

Not in Scotland, we just get an extra year for larking about in. 4 years for a shiny BSc.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

a thread lock with an ominous mod post, i was expecting more juicy drama to come out of that than two probations. can someone have a good ol' meltdown please, i'm having a dull saturday night

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1178242236842160129?s=20

What else are you gonna do on Sunday? Stick this is your earhole already. If nothing else, listening to Ballistari being driven mad by Suzanne Moore is very good.

did you just snitch tag yourselves

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

The comments here have me confused. When did it become a thing to accuse trans rights advocates of being "beardy", "MRAs" or "incels"??

https://twitter.com/cdbeaton/status/1178360621588463618?s=19

The TERFs seem to have really upped their twitter presence lately, maybe I'm just noticing it more but all mentions of trans issues seem to be mobbed with a bunch of accounts Airing Readonable Concerns

A shame Cherry didn't seem to mention why she spends her time threatening randoms on twitter with legal action for calling her a transphobe, but hey ho

https://mobile.twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1173163607254806528

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

everybody should definitely post a little bit more, we've only got a little bit of september left and i'll be damned if we don't reach the Funny Number

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

gently caress you're right. This is imperative.

Quick, everyone post your worst food opinion.

I like the little crumbs at the bottom of the chocolate mini weetabix packet. make a big ol' weetabixy soup in the milk at the bottom of my breakfast bowl. sometimes i crumble up the intact mini weetabodes so i can have even more of it. Peas are bad.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

This is legit the worst food opinion I have ever read in my life.

Like I actually gagged reading it holy poo poo. I can't loving top that, no food opinion I can post can best this.

I've been saving it for an emergency such as this.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Praseodymi posted:

One last push!

i've been inspecting the secret uk written constitution and turns out if we reach 420 pages then jeremy corbyn legally becomes prime minister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

finally the uk succeeds at something