Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Blue On Blue posted:

it was the backer event in germany (i think) where they charged people a couple hundred $ to have the pleasure of being in the same room as chris

were served mediocre food, and one of the backers complained about the lack of potatoes or some such (i think he wanted more and was told there was a limit for each person)

notice chris is nowhere to be seen

also I believe the same event where we heard any time someone tried to talk to chris about the game he would go off on a tangent about these new vitamins he was on (vitamins is code for coke)

Was this in Frankfurt? I think I know the restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Sandweed posted:

Oh i guess it's fine then, mass extinction canceled everyone.

"The planet is going to be inhabitable in 10 years"
"Isn't that actually a exaggerated? Yes we are facing huge problems but not in a decade"
"Lol climate change denier"

The corona thread is that way if you want to revel in doomsday hyperbole (omicron is covid-21 etc)

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Uck

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Kosumo posted:

I don't have a problem with the game per say*,

There's a certain je ne sais qious about this post

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Doesn't Tencent only own like 10 percent of Epic?

If it where 20 percent of Epic it would be more like Twentycent, etc

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Dwesa posted:

lovely video about bartenders in SC posted at refunds sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79rnabAAuU

how can someone look at this or T-posing NPCs and think that CIG will soon develop strong AI

Aren't they located in Frankfurt?
I have a theory. Service in the area in restaurants/bars etc. is sometimes annoying because there are like 4 people working on the other side of the bar but somehow none of them finds the time to take your order, because one of them is washing glasses, the other is fiddling with whatever machine, and... This is to say that CIG went beyond your wildest dreams and simulated 100% realistic bar service, it's just that some localization is required to transpose the German experience to your own country (this will be managed by AI).

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Too much on the nose

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Erulisse posted:

Goddamit haters can you even be consecutive in your hate

Erulisse posted:

can you even be consecutive

Erulisse posted:

be consecutive

Erulisse posted:

consecutive

There's a je ne sais quios about this quote per say

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Where is that gif from?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

MilesK posted:

Ben should be pitiable but probably has to be the tallest fattest person you can find.

John Goodman? He is great at ambiguous roles.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Why are you calling it a meltdown? It was super funny.

What was that about the female torture scene with broken AI? Are CIG delivering something of the kind to their psychotic fanbase?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Rugz posted:

Is phase zero before or after tier 1?

Buy an Idris

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

trucutru posted:

"Fun" game: Guess which candidate is which based only on their names and the citizen's votes.

Laylani Addison: 45.42%
Titus Costigan: 17.89%
Illyana Sharrad: 14.18%
Paul LeSalle: 13.53%
Mira Ngo: 8.98%

A) Adheres more closely to the core platform of lower taxes and more restrictive social services, and also called for a reevaluation of the Fair Chance Act, which could potentially open previously protected areas of the empire for resource extraction.

B) Proposed a program that essentially allows governor's councils in each system to propose a single initiative that will serve the needs of the residents there. The purpose of the program is then to fast track the plans, hopefully boosting the long-term health of the system's economy, and benefiting from the potential return on investment when carrying it out

C) Their campaign pledges focus around redirecting credits towards improving education, funding scientific research, and loosening current restrictions on AI research. Also supports Synthworld and publicly subsidized universities.

D) Their campaign plans were deregulation to spur economic growth, and increase reliance on militias. If elected, their first months would be spent on reducing financial and bureaucratic waste, and maximizing returns.

E) Their prime pointer for the elections is moving the capital of the UEE from Earth to Terra. Their entire campaign was built around this idea. (Financial records sent anonymously revealed that over the last year the candidate had heavily invested in Terra-based construction concerns)

I tried but I have no clue.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Kavros posted:

Space: 1999

Space: 1999 (bucks for a jpeg)

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
2001: Space Idrissey

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

insane ramblings from monocle cat posted:

we know they have worked on Nyx

Doing some theorycrafting of my own, but... Aren't many of their devs Germans, located in Frankfurt? Nix in German is an informal way of saying nichts, nothing.

I can picture it as an inside-joke of devs doing whatever they feel like in this non-sensical venture, that would fly under the radar of the American management, "what have you been working on?", "I have been working very hard on Nyx" "ahahahah"

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Ok, I have to ask, what is the pun behind star citizer

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

Sandi? Sandi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sth_Rfygkbc

Dont mind the numerous retcons please. She is the best.

Her lack of charisma and competence is really something. She doesn't prepare at all, she does not know anything about the game she supposedly works for, she is not a quick thinker that can improvise to compensate for those flaws, and she does not give good person vibes.

I tried to watch it but I just find her repulsive and boring

Can someone please link her transformation video from smiling tv anchor to resting lich face

Edit: right at the beginning, she cannot handle the slowest of slow balls. "So, some say you are the queen of star citizen, or actually, how do you see yourself in the company?" "idk"

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 27, 2022

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Mods?

Star Citizen: weee wooo - closer - weee wooo - closer - WEEE WOOO, BLAAAARRRT BLAAAARRT BLAAAARRT WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Posted in r/starcitizen. Seriously.

https://youtu.be/c6FiOL3lmps

Rive(r)ting gameplay!

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
That clipping through the trees, it is something else

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Lammasu posted:

What's the Church with all the skeletons in it? It was in the Dungeons and Dragons movie. I think it was in Portugal.

There is a Bone Chapel in Évora in Portugal, no idea whether it is the one in the movie. In the entrance portal there is an engraving saying "here we stay and here we are waiting for you"

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Tag yourself

quote:

convayance
condesended
racisum
xenaphobia
creativly
homogonised
Bigotory
hatered
zelots
userpers

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 22, 2022

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Ok I am a thread regular and still haven't figured out, what the hell is the mess hall scene

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Is that the mtg buttcrack guy?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I think you guys missed this gem in the ramblings from monocle cat: "A 400 capital ship battle is going to bring the average player PC to a single digit (or less!) frame rate"

Star Citizen: a single digit (or less!) frame rate

(posting on both threads to honour Mirificus' work)

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 13, 2022

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

So Lethality is so infamous that there is a place other than SA where they know of his touch of death?

That's a community-forming talent alright

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Where can I find the thread?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Post your significant otters

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Have you guys missed this???

quote:

Following on from Persistent Entity Streaming (PES), the SQ42 Feature team began implementing the save/load system. Because PES stores the state of all entities in the universe, the team can utilize it to save progress. They’re currently in the first stages of testing saving and reloading, ensuring everything restores correctly.

T0 Saving/loading (might not actually save/load)

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

the raisin d'etre 

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Where does "deadlier than cod" come from?

Edit: it is really a stupid sentence btw, it is like saying faster than gran turismo or stealthier than mgs

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Mellow_ posted:

lol I love how this poo poo is constantly designed like it will never enter an atmosphere.

How the gently caress do you expect GIANT BRICK to do well in an atmosphere like Earth's, let alone some crazy poo poo in space.

Oh wait, no clip, that's how.

Some damning proof that there isn't any flight model to speak of is the fact that there is such a thing as "flight velocity" for a spaceship, and a very low one at that (250 m/s; the usual spacecraft around the Earth orbit it at 8 km/s).

In a space context, velocity is always relative to something, so there is no point in talking about an absolute figure for maximum velocity. What matters is the thrusting capability, which translates into acceleration. How much you can accelerate is what matters.

I guess 250 m/s is just a figure they input into their cryengine and call it a day

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Pixelate posted:

In SC news, they're adding bugs as a feature...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nzNXY8dlg&t=341s

(And content deprivation is doing odd things to the marketing team...)

At around 6:50, super fidelitious physics

Like, out of a Road Runner cartoon

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

on the one hand, trans people are, quite literally, being aggressively legislated out of existence right now to the point that politicians are trying to make it an actual crime to even talk about them and politicians are, once again quite literally, using language calling for their extermination, a playbook that has already been run and ends in, again, literally, massive death camps where people are put to death at an industrial scale and there is, quite literally, a poem about this

the process literally begins with, literally, persecuting the sex weirdos because they're the easiest group to go after because no one likes them, and moving on from there, this is documented

part of the reason we know relatively little about trans people is when this happened before, which it did, the people who literally did this before methodically eradicated any mention of them, any texts mentioning them, and their entire history, a damnatio memoraie.

on the other hand, making fun of terfs makes them feel bad and oh no they might not like us

clearly both sides are equally bad here and really if you think about it we are the bad guys

what to do

shut the gently caress up

if you can't stand by trans people when they're cranky about being othered you definitely aren't going to stand by them when the death squads come which is, again, the explicit goal, because they are openly saying that, right now, and also that is the explicit goal, because, again, they have run this playbook before, you incredibly stupid bag of rotten walnuts

actually no i'm not done you brought this back up you bag of brown mushy pears

this is buying into the framing beloved by the 4chan/proud boy set where we, the people who advocate for a slightly less cruel world, by doing so, pushed them into nazism, the absurdly stupid idea that by saying "please do not use slurs" and saying "actually could there maybe be a black person in a video game" or maybe there could, quite possibly, be a more ethical world, in so doing, we have *forced* them into Nazism, as if they had no choice, and if you actually think that, you are so incredibly stupid...oops, i just made you a Nazi

fortunately, i know exactly what should happen to nazis, which is to say, please follow your beloved leader. oh, did i hurt your feelings and convert you to nazisim? no, that's stupid? oh, exactly.

Sir, this is a ... hmmm... errrr... what are the hot dog stands in Star Citizen called again? Space Wendy's?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

The exception handler was extended to better deal with recently occurring silent crashes.

Riveting!

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Mirificus posted:

Pescat asks:

Why...?
Why...?
Why...?

He is so close and yet so far. He cannot grasp or refuses to acknowledge that lack of planning and/or competence is a perfect answer to any of those questions.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

As if those kids are ever going to work at CIG

They are overqualified

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Does anybody have the link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Popete posted:

I've never read it

How would you like your electricity? Would you like some civil meat to go with it?